Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 08:03 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times

Advertisements

anybody ever notice that people that say "celebrities always die in groups of threes", do so in groups of three?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2016, 08:06 AM

10,359 posts, read 7,990,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
Thank you to those who pointed out that CPR can only do so much. Everyone looks at it as some kind of miracle maker, but in reality, it can only do so much.
The sad reality is that most patients who receive CPR die. (Which, when you really stop to think about it, isn't actually so surprising: cardiopulmonary arrest is the final common step in the process of dying. Everyone who dies, from whatever cause, ends by becoming pulseless and apneic.)

The reason, of course, for the promotion of CPR and of AED use is that in some percentage of cases, if the underlying cause of the arrest can be successfully reversed, the arrest victim might be saved and go on to live a meaningful life.

A five year old drowning victim, an 25 year old jogger with Long QT Syndrome, a 55 year old with a blocked left anterior descending coronary artery, and an 85 year old with massive sepsis may all become pulseless and apneic, but those patients have very different probabilities of success in terms of both immediate recovery of cardiopulmonary function and in terms of long-term survival.

Old 12-28-2016, 08:18 AM

18,102 posts, read 15,676,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
This is so sad. I don't really believe in astrology but a lot of horrible things, mostly deaths, have happened recently. If somebody can figure out what causes all these things to go wrong, besides just co-incidence, I would like to know. Somebody said Mercury in retrograde ?? but I don't even know what that is. So sad and so unexpected this latest loss.
All living things only have a finite amount of time. Some hasten their deterioration through drugs & alcohol, which take their toll over time. Others live past an average calculated lifespan.

Prince: drug overdose
David Bowie: cancer
Muhammad Ali: long time Parkinson's Disease sufferer & prior brain trauma
George Michael: heart attack (well known history of using drugs & alcohol)
Carrie Fisher: heart attack (well known history of using drugs & alcohol)
John Glenn: 95 years old!
Gene Wilder: 80-something yrs old, had Alzheimers for years
Florence Henderson: 82 yrs old, heart failure
Fidel Castro: 90 yrs old!
Alan Thicke: 69 yrs old, heart attack

As for other 'horrible' things, many are man-made or human influenced.

Old 12-28-2016, 03:00 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times
Was sorry to hear of her death. I think she was smart and clever and honest and funny.
She was just on the Graham North show promoting her new book. She seemed fine other than her nose looked a little weird and I thought it was impacting her breathing or speech. I suppose something like that could negatively impact a heart condition if she actually had a previous condition.

Don't know why everyone is on their high horse about her drug and drink use. it was a loong time ago and I know more serious alcholics who seem to last forever than the other way around. If you think your lack of drug or drink is going to save you that's not really the way it works.

Old 12-28-2016, 05:19 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,058 times
And the stupid snowflakes are upset with Steve Martin for tweeting that Carrie was beautiful, as well as witty. They say he's being sexist.

I can't imagine being that perpetually outraged about absolutely nothing.

Steve Martin deletes Twitter tribute to Carrie Fisher after backlash | Fox News

Old 12-28-2016, 07:07 PM

18,102 posts, read 15,676,604 times
And now...

Carrie's mother, Debbie Reynolds, has died at age 84. ONE DAY after her daughter died.

Old 12-29-2016, 12:03 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Unhappy Very sad.....

Old 12-29-2016, 04:50 AM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
I've read that all of her scenes for the next Star Wars was completed, but obviously she won't be here for the third installment in a few years.

I'm hoping not, but I have a ghoulish feeling that the producers are going to CGI her just like they did with Peter Cushing and young Princess Leia in Rogue One.

I don't understand why filmmakers just can't let it be, and cast someone else in the role. We're all grown adults, it's not a hard concept to understand that people die, and we have to move on.

Old 12-29-2016, 05:11 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
On Tuesday, Reynolds addressed Fisher’s death on Facebook, writing: “Thank you to everyone who has embraced the gifts and talents of my beloved and amazing daughter. I am grateful for your thoughts and prayers that are now guiding her to her next stop. Love Carries Mother.” I love how she says Carries Mother and not her famous name.. lovely woman now gone

Last edited by dizzybint; 12-29-2016 at 05:28 AM..

Old 12-29-2016, 09:02 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
........I don't understand why filmmakers just can't let it be, and cast someone else in the role. We're all grown adults, it's not a hard concept to understand that people die, and we have to move on.
We-ll, considering how people are reacting, I'm not sure if people understand that people die.

The thing is that it is science fiction and a story can be written to reflect someone else playing the part. Unfortunately, I believe the current viewer wants it all up front with no imagination.

Something else I don't think a lot of people understand is that actresses do act in other movies. I have seen very little except for Star Wars (a note here about postcards, another about Blues Brothers, but that's it).

It seems when we look at a celebrity, people only focus on one thing.

Now, as things go, I have seen her interview (so perfect!) in French and last night, I dreampt I saw another one, in French, and was watching other French movies....and understanding.

I may use her interview as motivation to reactivate my French knowledge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities