Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2009, 08:03 PM

61 posts, read 142,151 times

Advertisements

I am in mourning..... I am listening to Billy jean as I write this...NOT!

GOODBYE YOU PEDOPHILE !!!!

Old 06-25-2009, 08:04 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,112,180 times
It's sad that even now at this time, there are insensitive jerks who will still try to tear down a great man.

My first favorite song is "Dancing Machine". I was only 5 but that song made me dance! I'm sure it was funny watching a skinny 5 yo trying to do the robot. My favorite memory of Michael is selecting the spot where his star sits on the Walk of Fame and watching him uncover it.

Michael Jackson has long earned my love and respect and those feelings will continue until the day I cross over and join him in heaven. Today, my heart is simply broken over this tragic, tragic loss.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:06 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,525,235 times

His talent, his legend is unquestionable...undeniable....unstoppable!

The world has truly lost one of its greatest treasures today.

Michael Jackson will Reign forever as the King of Pop!

Old 06-25-2009, 08:09 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,739,305 times
"A crowd of about 75 people gathered in front of a Michael Jackson star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame this afternoon, but it was actually the wrong star--this one was for the former KABC radio personality of the same name.

Jackson's real star near the front of Grauman’s Chinese Theatre on Hollywood Boulevard was covered by scaffolding in preparation for the "Bruno" movie premiere"

from

Michael Jackson's death: Fans gather at wrong Hollywood star | L.A. Now | Los Angeles Times

Old 06-25-2009, 08:15 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,395,056 times
I couldnt' believe it. Thanks for linking the song. Whatever else he did or whatever, Michael had a beautiful voice and such a great talent and sweetness. I'm sorry he became a target during his short life, but I know he's in a better place. He looks so happy in that video, and I hope he got as much happiness from performing as we all did from his music. Here's one of my favorites. I remember running home after school for the World Premier of the Black or White video and I loved it. I hope it brings memories for some of you guys too
YouTube - Michael Jackson - Black Or White RIP Michael

Old 06-25-2009, 08:20 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,371,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
Why am I the only person not crying over this? Hello? Little kids are safer without him in this world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Lots of little boys and their parents are sleeping a little easier tonight.
I doubt that any parents who are silly enough to let their child spend the night alone in the house of a man they know nothing about really have the best concerns of their child at heart so your comment here is just tacky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
Maybe I'm just uber-sensitive today - my dad died 6 years ago today - but must we speak ill of the dead (or nearly-dead) so hard upon the heels of his death?
You're not being uber-sensitive. No one is making people post here; if you don't have anything nice (or on topic) to say you should keep your comments to yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UW Badgers View Post
Say what you will about the man, but my memories of Michael are of his music, not the other stuff.
I didn't like a lot of aspects in his personal life but I loved his music, I'm sure they'll be doing a video marathon on one of the music channels soon.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:22 PM

807 posts, read 1,302,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
It's sad that even now at this time, there are insensitive jerks who will still try to tear down a great man.

My first favorite song is "Dancing Machine". I was only 5 but that song made me dance! I'm sure it was funny watching a skinny 5 yo trying to do the robot. My favorite memory of Michael is selecting the spot where his star sits on the Walk of Fame and watching him uncover it.

Michael Jackson has long earned my love and respect and those feelings will continue until the day I cross over and join him in heaven. Today, my heart is simply broken over this tragic, tragic loss.

Very Well Stated!!! RIP Michael!!!

Old 06-25-2009, 08:45 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,776,639 times

Last edited by tworent; 06-25-2009 at 09:30 PM..

Old 06-25-2009, 08:45 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,228,721 times
Quote:
... He knew how to put on a concert and anyone who was lucky enough to see one live was blessed.
I took my kids to see Michael in concert when he played at Mile High Stadium in Denver. I think it was 1983. Looking back on it, my kids were spoiled rotten. We were pretty wealthy then, and they had whatever they wanted and travelled extensively in a private aircraft, etc., etc. Yet I never really knew how they felt about their childhood until I was reading a term paper my son wrote his senior year in high school in 1987. He talked about going to the Michael Jackson Concert, and how he sat there watching him and thinking how lucky he was to be one of the "few" to see him live in concert. That was it. After 17 years of pampering and exotic travels (for kids), the highlight of his life was seeing Michael Jackson live -- with about 50,000 other fans.

We don't know what he may have done with kids. He stood trial and was found not guilty, so that's good enough for me. Yes, he was a strange cookie, but that's true of most geniuses -- which he was without question. He was the Elvis and the Beatles of his generation. Terribly troubled, greatly gifted, misunderstood, and untrusting. His music will live on for generations.

Rest in peace, Michael.

Last edited by WyoNewk; 06-25-2009 at 09:04 PM..

Old 06-25-2009, 08:48 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,733,079 times
Quote:
Regardless of his past few years, Michael was and always will be an icon in my book. I grew up with the Jackson 5 and when Michael hit the scene, it was nothing like I had seen before. I wasn't around for Elvis or the Beatles and had to think that this is what it must have been like in that time.

I was just talking with my mom who is 68. She was talking about how much she has always loved Thriller. That album ran non-stop in my house. So many songs before that album were massive hits as well. I remember watching a concert of his on tv when I was younger and he was singing Billie Jean. He then did the moon-walk and the fans went nuts as did my sister and I. They played that clip on the news tonight. One moment I will NEVER forget. I remember when my cousin learned to do the moon-walk. It was crazy.

No one will come close to Michael Jackson performance wise. Music is awful today, people lip sync at their concerts, tv performances. He knew how to put on a concert and anyone who was lucky enough to see one live was blessed.

Say what you will about the man, but my memories of Michael are of his music, not the other stuff.
My sentiment exactly! He was a legend like no other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities