Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2011, 06:19 PM

841 posts, read 1,432,066 times

Advertisements

And for whomever earlier in this thread was talking about the epiphany that supposedly took place with Warren Buffet:

Warren Buffet May Owe A Billion Dollars In Back Taxes - HUMAN EVENTS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 06:40 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowercountry View Post
And for whomever earlier in this thread was talking about the epiphany that supposedly took place with Warren Buffet:

Very interesing, indeed - and it does make Buffet look hypocritical.

Of course, I have always said . . . if folks want to give more of their money to the federal gubment, they can surely do that! I am sure the IRS will take their checks, lol.

I prefer to give my money to worthy organizations who are down in the trenches, helping the working poor, the disenfrachised . . . such as the Salvation Army.

I wonder when things changed in this country - from - "we will take care of our own at home in our communities" to "let Uncle Sam do it." That sort of impersonalization is part of the problem in this country.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:50 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,025,618 times
Quote:

This is exactly the type of thing I was talking about with him now v. his past, so not sure what you think this proves 2 months ago coming from a right wing blogger just looking to take stabs at Obama... I mean seriously?

He was doing doing what they all do - cheat on taxes. Shocking! lol

P.S. Explains a lot that one would read that site.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:

Try less slant in your diet...

Buffett Discloses $62,855,038 In 2010 Gross Income, $39,814,784 In Taxable Income, And $6,923,494 In Federal Taxes | ZeroHedge

Quote:
Following a back and forth between Kansas Congressman Tim Huelskamp, we have now discovered what, according to Buffett, were the precise amounts of the Octogenarian Crony Capitalist of Omaha's 2010 gross income, taxable income and Federal tax respectively. These are as follows: $62,855,038, $39,814,784 and 6,923,494. This, apparently, was not enough for Huelskamp. The debate continues below.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post

P.S. Explains a lot that one would read that site.
I actually saw a link to it on a news site but thanks for assuming. I have tossed out links from MSNBC today as well; that make me a "left winger"?

Old 10-12-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
I actually saw a link to it on a news site but thanks for assuming. I have tossed out links from MSNBC today as well; that make me a "left winger"?
I apologize for the dig then... I was just blown away by the quick links across the top of the site before the story even loaded. Guns & Patriots... Ann Coulter!! lol

If you read the ZH link you can see Warren's challenge to any other CEO for disclosure in his letter. Too easy for a politician to do it because that's what they have to do already.

Straight up flip with Jamie Diamond (oops Dimon), Lloyd Blankfein, et al would be something to see. In the end he has every right to refuse, so don't go by some OpEd piece with no proof. Half of Wall St would be in jail already.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:47 AM

116 posts, read 255,690 times
more rumours...see article

"There has been much speculation over who is financing the disparate protest, which has spread to cities across America and lasted nearly four weeks. One name that keeps coming up is investor George Soros, who in September debuted in the top 10 list of wealthiest Americans. Conservative critics contend the movement is a Trojan horse for a secret Soros agenda"

Who's behind the Wall St. protests? - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/whos-behind-wall-st-protests-110834998.html - broken link)

It would not surprise me knowing from history that there is never such a thing as a "spontaneous movement". Any "revolution" in the past has been funded and controlled by a powerful interest (known or not to large public). No movement can continue and succed without a plan.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:16 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,644,374 times
How much funding is needed to sit in a park and stink up the place? LOL

Old 10-13-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
ROFL - that is exactly what I thought when I read it... I mean talk about putting on your tinfoil hat to find a conspiracy!

Old 10-13-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Hey they have to eat, purchase, tents, etc... right? And perhaps (though I have no idea) there are some "professionals" among the group - those being paid to be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte