Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 09:11 PM

451 posts, read 712,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancher4life View Post
I am not a member of CAPS, don't know them, and I did not support their lawsuit. My children are still in their schools. Nice try Sherlock!
I'm definitely not Sherlock but I've been here for awhile and know all the arguments and tactics.

Let's go to the current FB video tape with Hillegas and Kuehler supporting the new dream team of Savage and Maher. I can hardly wait. NTES will be trailer town a year from now with them. Because you know trailers aren't that bad or you can always request a transfer as many have said.

Good luck with a new Cutty ES, SVHS/SVMS with that crew. Got to issue bonds and that crowd isn't going to get it done.

Still waiting for IllegalUseofHands to show back up.

Last edited by SunshineCJ; 10-09-2014 at 09:24 PM..

Old 10-09-2014, 10:04 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,025,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxhawMike View Post
If Savage is re-elected, and only Savage then I agree, much probably won't change. But I have a suspicion that Sides and Maher have a good chance of being elected as well. If that's the case, it's a whole new ball game.

I think the rest of the incumbents, especially Stewart, struggle to survive the next election as well. Whether they explicitly stated it or not there was a belief by their supporters that along with redistricting came upgraded schools... that has backfired big time as all those people that thought they weren't impacted have realized that they have been bamboozled.

That's what will be interesting about the elections - anyone who believed kaps was relevant saw a glimpse with the BOCC primary, which is like an at large popularity contest they lost. It could just be a vocal fringe. Sides is in district, harder to tell although Yercheck didn't win by much last time. Are you sure Sides would be better? Nevermind, I'm sure your answer would be anyone is better. lol

As for the other districts, I'm not sure "Stewart and the rest" will struggle as much as you think next time around. Will be fun to watch.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:06 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,025,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCJ View Post
Wouldn't be a trivia question if I didn't try and mislead a little.

Kimberly Morrison-Hansley
District 6

And she was defeated by???
Are you calling back-to-back to censures? That would make District 6 the bad news bears of UC. I smell dynasty!

Old 10-10-2014, 05:09 AM

161 posts, read 194,632 times
Word is out that the good ole boy network is supporting Dennis Rape. His campaign promises are to fire Dr. Ellis, reverse redistricting, return Cata to a trade oriented school, and reduce technology. If they could keep Jerry in office after the $ 91 million verdict against the county, there is a good chance Dennis will be elected in November. If that happens be ready, because I see nothing but chaos and fighting going forward. Nothing in this county changes for the better.

There is no reason to build a Cuthbertson Elementary. They almost 1000 empty seats in the west. They should have never moved so many kids out. If Marvin can't have trailers why can Sun Valley have so many? This is pure BS.

Old 10-10-2014, 05:47 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,339,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxhawMike View Post
I ... happen to live in an older school district
Cuthbertson is old?

Old 10-10-2014, 06:22 AM

527 posts, read 744,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Cuthbertson is old?
No it's not. What's that got to do with me?

Last edited by WaxhawMike; 10-10-2014 at 06:33 AM..

Old 10-10-2014, 06:55 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,339,296 times
I thought you said your kid(s) go to Cuthbertson?

Old 10-10-2014, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
I thought you said your kid(s) go to Cuthbertson?

Doesn't mean I live in the Cuthbertson cluster.

Old 10-10-2014, 07:26 AM

398 posts, read 618,909 times
Heeello y'all
Had two interesting conversations recently (and before any of you jump up and say "You must be on the board", no, I just called and set an appointment to speak with Yercheck and was at event Bention was attending. No agenda, just had met both before and wanted to get to know better...i'm not in their districts. I have to say that for all the screaming and yelling about RY, he's a decent guy and has some interesting ideas about working with private industry & SPCC to increase job opportunities among those in UC that take the vocational route. He wants to develop what amounts to sort of an "apprentice" program around high-tech mftg. There is equipment and skills that our graduates aren't prepared to handle and companies now must spend over 2 yrs training operators or looking outside the area to bring in qualified people. Working together with private industry UC can have a 2 yr HS/2 yr Comm college program that would produce grads "ready to work" in high tech. Programs in aeornautics, mftg, etc. I thought it was a good plan. You can't help but like Bention. I saw him speak. His best line was "you don't know what you don't know until you get in. I really wnated to see if RY was the monster everyone makes him out to be He's not.
Anyone headed to the WXW Autumn Treasures weekend? See you there

Old 10-10-2014, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raithfan View Post
Heeello y'all
Had two interesting conversations recently (and before any of you jump up and say "You must be on the board", no, I just called and set an appointment to speak with Yercheck and was at event Bention was attending. No agenda, just had met both before and wanted to get to know better...i'm not in their districts. I have to say that for all the screaming and yelling about RY, he's a decent guy and has some interesting ideas about working with private industry & SPCC to increase job opportunities among those in UC that take the vocational route. He wants to develop what amounts to sort of an "apprentice" program around high-tech mftg. There is equipment and skills that our graduates aren't prepared to handle and companies now must spend over 2 yrs training operators or looking outside the area to bring in qualified people. Working together with private industry UC can have a 2 yr HS/2 yr Comm college program that would produce grads "ready to work" in high tech. Programs in aeornautics, mftg, etc. I thought it was a good plan. You can't help but like Bention. I saw him speak. His best line was "you don't know what you don't know until you get in. I really wnated to see if RY was the monster everyone makes him out to be He's not.
Anyone headed to the WXW Autumn Treasures weekend? See you there
100% agree on Bention... my thoughts on Yercheck are well documented so no need to rehash (and yes I've spent time with him as well and have heard all of his grandiose ideas).

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte