Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2009, 05:12 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,826,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
NN...just in case you're interested, there's a promotion for the All Star and the Coke 600 race tomorrow. About a thousand tickets combined and the dollar amount depends on the amount of cars in the biggest wreck at Talladega today. I haven't been able to watch because of the hockey game, but right now their big one stands at 14, meaning 14 bucks a ticket for either race. Those tickets go on sale at noon tomorrow.

Two bad it couldn't be like...two.
All-Star race would be fun. I went to the 600 about 9 years ago, when Stewart raced the Indy 500 and helicoptered into the 600, got pics of him getting out of the helicopter. That is one race that you definately put some time in, whew!

Man, what an ending today! As Joe Dirt would say, dang. LOL I won't say exactly what happened or who just incase someone still needs to watch but someone got airborn and I took a huge gasp as I thought the car was going to go over the fence into the grandstands, jesh. It was an on the edge of the chair nail biter!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 05:48 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,404,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
Man, what an ending today! As Joe Dirt would say, dang. LOL I won't say exactly what happened or who just incase someone still needs to watch but someone got airborn and I took a huge gasp as I thought the car was going to go over the fence into the grandstands, jesh. It was an on the edge of the chair nail biter!

That was about as wild/bizarre a finish as you'll see anywhere. The final laps played out like rock slowly melting into lava and then exploding as a volcano. And in spite of what Mike Joy said, pieces of said car did make it over/through the catch fence and into the stands.

You were on the edge of your seat, I was actually on my feet and yelling at my TV during the last lap.

Between the Rangers hockey game and the last few laps at Talladega, my TV must think I'm royally pissed off at it.

Old 04-26-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
That was about as wild/bizarre a finish as you'll see anywhere. The final laps played out like rock slowly melting into lava and then exploding as a volcano. And in spite of what Mike Joy said, pieces of said car did make it over/through the catch fence and into the stands.

You were on the edge of your seat, I was actually on my feet and yelling at my TV during the last lap.

Between the Rangers hockey game and the last few laps at Talladega, my TV must think I'm royally pissed off at it.
Dear labby was lounging on the sofa when I yelled out an explicitive when the guy who went airborn passed the Hendricks car (I feel like I am typing in code but don't want to spoil it for anyone). Labby came over and put his head in my lap like what's wrong mom, had to rub on pup's ear's.

Yea, when they showed the replay you could see the parts flying. Those last few laps were great!

Hey Brian, since your into cars. DH is hooked on Leno's Garage. Have you ever checked out his website? Now that's a dream car garage. He has never sold a car. He was on the inside the actors studio and said he only spends his money that he makes doing his comedy shows and has never touched his Tonight Show money, just banks it! Must be nice.

Old 04-26-2009, 06:20 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
Quote:
Dear labby was lounging on the sofa when I yelled out an explicitive when the guy who went airborn passed the Hendricks car (I feel like I am typing in code but don't want to spoil it for anyone). Labby came over and put his head in my lap like what's wrong mom, had to rub on pup's ear's.
Care to share what the first letter of that expletive was?

Quote:
Hey Brian, since your into cars. DH is hooked on Leno's Garage. Have you ever checked out his website? Now that's a dream car garage. He has never sold a car. He was on the inside the actors studio and said he only spends his money that he makes doing his comedy shows and has never touched his Tonight Show money, just banks it! Must be nice.
Can you imagine bringing in that kind of cash where you can have that kind of hobby without touching what you make off of your main gig? At one point he held the PNC Arts Center record for largest draw for a comedy show (somewhere around 10,000) people until a shock jock comedy festival came in and overtook the record. He must command an insane amount of money.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Care to share what the first letter of that expletive was?

Alright, it started with an F, if your gonna yell might as well go for it!

Can you imagine bringing in that kind of cash where you can have that kind of hobby without touching what you make off of your main gig? At one point he held the PNC Arts Center record for largest draw for a comedy show (somewhere around 10,000) people until a shock jock comedy festival came in and overtook the record. He must command an insane amount of money.
I reallly like Leno, we tape it nightly. He just did 2 free concerts for the people in Detroit since the unemployment rate is so bad he wanted to give something back.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:49 PM

Okay, so we were on the same wavelength, except I used "female parental figure" before the "f" word.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:49 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,670,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
Good Morning/Afternoon all!

Hope your having a bright and sunny day!

Here is a picture of my local fire station

Yes, that's a nice station & a very good picture.

Which part of Indiana are you in? (don't tell me the town)

Old 04-26-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Okay, so we were on the same wavelength, except I used "female parental figure" before the "f" word.
Hey, we're just passionate about our sport that's all.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Hey, we're just passionate about our sport that's all.

Exactly! Makes us more interesting to be around.

For anyone who's just wondering what we're talking about...

YouTube - NASCAR Talladega 2009 amazing finish

And oh did I throw a couple of those words around. "sonofa..." and "mother..." were thrown around during the Rangers game like they were the word "the" at times. I think I invented a few new ones...

Old 04-26-2009, 08:45 PM

When I cuss politely I say son of a bee hive.

I started a Talladega thread in the Sports Auto racing forum. Ill tell ya though, the people in the fashion forum are brutal!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte