Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 10:39 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,140,968 times

Advertisements

ALDI has good fruit. Best melon I had all summer came from ALDI and a very good price too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 08:10 AM

1,508 posts, read 2,979,858 times
Somewhat off-topic, is there anywhere in Charlotte where you can get the specialty fruit Harris Teeter sells, at better prices? (Star fruit, Cherimoyas, Mangos, Kiwis, etc..) Maybe the Latino supermarkets? Star fruit is great, tasty without being super sweet, but at $3 each I only pick a up a few now and then.

Old 10-03-2009, 08:28 AM

3,365 posts, read 10,025,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_CLT View Post
Somewhat off-topic, is there anywhere in Charlotte where you can get the specialty fruit Harris Teeter sells, at better prices? (Star fruit, Cherimoyas, Mangos, Kiwis, etc..) Maybe the Latino supermarkets? Star fruit is great, tasty without being super sweet, but at $3 each I only pick a up a few now and then.
Compare sells Mango's & Kiwi's not looked for Star or Cherimoyas

Old 10-03-2009, 03:14 PM

171 posts, read 272,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetruckguy View Post
I cant agree more.. i was soo addicted to the Post Cereal.. the honey bunch of oats and the 1 with the almond.. Aldi has something called Milleville Cereal which is in a similar looking box.. and guess what.. no one was able to tell the difference in taste.. and yup.. its atleast $2 cheaper

I usually hang on for a minute in the parking lot until someone is done with their car and take it from them.. and bags.. i just use the carton boxes that they are throwing away

Their regular CORN FLAKES is just awesome too.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:04 PM

4,010 posts, read 10,213,963 times
Those corn flakes are good. The box I bought didn't last a week around here and we are not big cereal eaters.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:29 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
I just saw my first Aldi commercial.
It is kinda neat watching a company grow .
I say this as Im eating Fit & Active yogurt covered raisins

Old 11-04-2009, 04:26 PM

58 posts, read 127,632 times
Default Adi....

Didn't see this mentioned, but didn't have time to read the whole thread, but Aldi is owned by Trader Joe's. I am a HUGE fan of Aldi and have learned that many of their products only show up once a year. Like stir fry vegatables in a can (baby corn, waterchestnuts), much cheaper than a typical store and when you see them get what you need for a year, when they're out it'll be awhile before they show up again.

It used to be their produce was hit or miss, with bigger crowds the inventory turns faster and I find it's just as fresh as any where else. The cosmetic line they recently introduced is fabulous, made in Switzerland. And I regularly find baby mozzeralla in the fridge section. For entertaining the crackers and dips are a great price. Next time I see spinach lasagna noodles I'm buying every box. Haven't tried the fresh meat, but they always have frozen cornish game hens at a fraction of Food Lion.

My husband thinks I'm nuts because I'm such a huge fan. Oh, the wine is the same as the "$4 buck" bottles at Trader Joes.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:34 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nylarc View Post
Didn't see this mentioned, but didn't have time to read the whole thread, but Aldi is owned by Trader Joe's. I am a HUGE fan of Aldi and have learned that many of their products only show up once a year. Like stir fry vegatables in a can (baby corn, waterchestnuts), much cheaper than a typical store and when you see them get what you need for a year, when they're out it'll be awhile before they show up again.

It used to be their produce was hit or miss, with bigger crowds the inventory turns faster and I find it's just as fresh as any where else. The cosmetic line they recently introduced is fabulous, made in Switzerland. And I regularly find baby mozzeralla in the fridge section. For entertaining the crackers and dips are a great price. Next time I see spinach lasagna noodles I'm buying every box. Haven't tried the fresh meat, but they always have frozen cornish game hens at a fraction of Food Lion.

My husband thinks I'm nuts because I'm such a huge fan. Oh, the wine is the same as the "$4 buck" bottles at Trader Joes.
Aldi is not owned by Trader Joes. There is a connection.

This will explain it all. Aldi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Trader Joe's - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-04-2009, 06:14 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Aldi is not owned by Trader Joes. There is a connection.

This will explain it all. Aldi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Trader Joe's - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Trader Joes just recalled some red meat. So I have nothing to worry about buying it at Aldi?

Old 11-04-2009, 06:25 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Trader Joes just recalled some red meat. So I have nothing to worry about buying it at Aldi?
If there is something on recall, Aldi pulls it & posts signs where the product normally is, stating that there is a recall.

I've shopped at Aldi for at least 15 years, problem-free, Sunny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte