Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 02:46 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,464,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
Well I don't want him moving here either! I'm thinking he'd really like Frankfort/Mokena. Or Plainfield. Or Indiana.
LOL! Plainfield and Mokena aren't good long term bets. They may well end up resembling some sort of rural Calumet City in 10 years. Frankfort sure, why not. It's more of a self-made blue collar vibe down there but it does push all three buttons. We may have a match!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 02:59 PM

306 posts, read 480,210 times
While I disagree with the OP's sentiment, I do find the political correctness and liberal limo people just as awful. People on the north shore or Hinsdale area are example 1 of limo liberals. They love diversity, don't care what color, etc, but lets look at the racial make up of the area and what it has been for decades:

Clarendon Hills .84% African American
Winnetka .3% African Americans
Western Springs .18% African Americans

You get the trend.

Old 07-21-2014, 03:01 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,799,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westburbsil View Post
While I disagree with the OP's sentiment, I do find the political correctness and liberal limo people just as awful. People on the north shore or Hinsdale area are example 1 of limo liberals. They love diversity, don't care what color, etc, but lets look at the racial make up of the area and what it has been for decades:

You get the trend.
And this is their fault?

Old 07-21-2014, 03:16 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,345,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westburbsil View Post

You get the trend.
I wouldn't call these areas overwhelmingly liberal. I'm sure there is great diversity among political views in each of the mentioned towns. And how are the people in these towns to blame for the diversity? Are they chasing minorities out of town? Roughly 1 in every 100 people in Clarendon Hills is AA. That amounts to 75 people, or about 25 families -- in an otherwise very small town. You don't think those AA families are happy to live there? That they don't get along perfectly well with their white neighbors, liberal or otherwise?

What are you trying to imply?

Old 07-22-2014, 12:23 AM

366 posts, read 493,672 times
Oh jeez I feel sorry for the OP with a bunch of you PC types out on him. It is his life, if he wants to live in dolka-dotted community that is his business. People segregate by race and nationality for a reason.

That being said the OP might want to take a look at Bartlett:

White alone - 30,169 (73.2%)
Asian alone - 5,895 (14.3%)
Hispanic - 3,557 (8.6%)
Black alone - 917 (2.2%)
Two or more races - 571 (1.4%)

Nice income level too.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:18 AM

28,453 posts, read 85,392,786 times
Default Bartlett?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagisan View Post
Oh jeez I feel sorry for the OP with a bunch of you PC types out on him. It is his life, if he wants to live in dolka-dotted community that is his business. People segregate by race and nationality for a reason.

That being said the OP might want to take a look at Bartlett:

White alone - 30,169 (73.2%)
Asian alone - 5,895 (14.3%)
Hispanic - 3,557 (8.6%)
Black alone - 917 (2.2%)
Two or more races - 571 (1.4%)

Nice income level too.
Nearly never comes up. Pretty sleepy place. Sort of inconveneient to most employment in the region. Not a bad place at all, nice Park District, even owns a tiny little ski hill, but nothing really to make it scream out ...

Old 07-22-2014, 08:34 AM

1,517 posts, read 2,345,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
Nearly never comes up. Pretty sleepy place. Sort of inconveneient to most employment in the region. Not a bad place at all, nice Park District, even owns a tiny little ski hill, but nothing really to make it scream out ...
I think it was mostly the high white percentage along with much higher than average Asian percentage. OP claims to be Asian and looking for safe, conservative all-white town with good schools. Or is he....just a troll?

Old 07-22-2014, 08:44 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,266,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
And very mediocre schools. Schools are a good reason to look elsewhere

Old 07-22-2014, 11:58 AM

366 posts, read 493,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
And very mediocre schools. Schools are a good reason to look elsewhere
I suggested it because of the blend of whites and Asians. Also when it comes to raising a family the career aspirations of many of the children there are interesting. It is one of those communities where it seems the kids all are going to be doctors, lawyers, wall street power brokers, veterinarians, and a small handful aspire to be CPAs. So I tend to think the attitude carries weight.

As for schools, I have yet to see any school in IL that impressed me that was not privatively run. I think if education matters to you the last place you would seek it is in a public school in IL. Even if the academic performance is acceptable you have to deal with the social-liberal agenda. A while back I visited district 204 and was appalled at what passes for education. But then they are your kids I could not care less about what happens to them. I can always hire immigrants who were properly educated. Russia seems to do an exceptional job producing students that are well rounded in math, science, and the arts.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:02 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,464,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usagisan View Post
I suggested it because of the blend of whites and Asians. Also when it comes to raising a family the career aspirations of many of the children there are interesting. It is one of those communities where it seems the kids all are going to be doctors, lawyers, wall street power brokers, veterinarians, and a small handful aspire to be CPAs. So I tend to think the attitude carries weight.

As for schools, I have yet to see any school in IL that impressed me that was not privatively run. I think if education matters to you the last place you would seek it is in a public school in IL. Even if the academic performance is acceptable you have to deal with the social-liberal agenda. A while back I visited district 204 and was appalled at what passes for education. But then they are your kids I could not care less about what happens to them. I can always hire immigrants who were properly educated. Russia seems to do an exceptional job producing students that are well rounded in math, science, and the arts.
I definitely think people put too much emphasis on school scores in the suburbs (people looking at properties in the City don't seem to care at all). If you stay involved, your kid can get a good education at most public schools, even those which don't score in the top 10%. And just because your kid is at a good public school doesn't mean he/she is going to do well. Unfortunately though, because homebuyers put so much emphasis on it, you run a risk of limited appreciation or maybe even decline if you don't follow the herd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs