Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2019, 09:14 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I'm the oldest of six - the trailblazer.

(And I had to look up what roux is.)
For shame! You're in a bilingual French/English country!

(Pretty much most of the French words I know are food related.)

Old 12-26-2019, 10:10 AM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I'm the middle child. Fourth of seven.
I dont think that middle child with more than 3 siblings works does it? They would move up, my sister has that middle child complex BAD. All 3 of us were watching a show on middle child syndrome, me and my older sister kept laughing looking at each other and my middle sis keeps saying, '' What? I dont do that. "

It was one of my best times with my sisters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I'm the oldest of six - the trailblazer.

(And I had to look up what roux is.)
I grew up around all the old Cajun and Bohemian Cotton farmers, grocery store owners, butchers. All these rual towns have one store or place all the old guys showed up at 4 am and it was always the smell of bread, kolaches, bomemian and Cajun sausage every morning and all they ever talked about was cooking. Guys born in the 20's, always arguring roux, sausage and pits, stuff like how to create a pit with the perfect scent that would make a smoked meat unique..... Them were the days, most all dead now, culture in this area lost and great secrets taken to the grave, for God's sake, cant even get a good kolache anymore.

I was the milk man back in the day, I knew all these groups in every town, free breakfast and cooking lessons everyday.

Old 01-22-2020, 10:13 AM

Song always makes me cry, my Mom singing, sister singing backup.

https://youtu.be/dYk4nOxKHcM

Old 01-22-2020, 10:24 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Song always makes me cry, my Mom singing, sister singing backup.

https://youtu.be/dYk4nOxKHcM
Lovely tune, Hanni. Your Mom has great pipes; puts me in mind of Patsy Cline. Sis ain't chopped liver either.

Old 01-22-2020, 01:02 PM

She sings Patsy Klien all the time at all these old folks homes she sings at, those who can stand always give an ovation and tell her they cant tell the difference in her and Patsy, Loretta Lynn also. My favorite is when she sings You ain't woman enough to take my man, she really is the best at that song.

Old 01-22-2020, 02:48 PM

She just wrote a real nice catchy song yesterday, be glad when she gets it on youtube. My mom stays on the charts and a lot stations play her music.

My daughter, her husband and kids have the flu and I am stuck in this Penthouse going on two weeks, cant go home.

This morning a baby mocking bird flew by and I whistled at him and he turned and came back and landed on the railing of the pattio, I kept whistling, he kept coming closer and came right to the opposite chair at the table I was sitting. I kept whistling and he never made a sound, he kept studying it as mocking birds do, just a little baby and now he will be whistling at all the girls, so strange.

I am completely surrounded by buzzards, ducks, gueese, and a stork has been stalking me for ten days.

Cant go home and there is all this work to do, so hard that I almost collapsed bringing in that 5 pound bass yesterday and I got paid nothing but dang, it was good eating this morning.

Sitting in a condo on lake Palestine, the best they have overlooking the marina. Tame squirels and tamed skunks, and the skunks are more welcoming than the cats, I love skunks, always feed and pet them when here, mom always freaks out lol but there has always been tame skunks here for the 30 years, their babies are born tame, always around people.

Huge flocks of gueese always in the same place right in the middle of the lake sitting in the river, looks like an iceberg floating.

I guess I will move to Hugh Springs next month, we have 3 acres with a natural spring just coming out of the Earth, really cool, think I will build a church on it, build it right on top of the spring and let it flow right through the church on the south side, then will call up Robert Tilton and cut a deal, he could bless and sell my water.

O, here goes a catchy song.

https://youtu.be/wVjy4Uw7V_o

Old 01-25-2020, 05:34 PM

Egypt Texas, it all begins in Egypt. It will be there to which all the nations will watch, there will be an alter to the Lord, and a monument of amazement will be there and many people will come and lay down gifts and make sacrifices to the Lord, even in Egypt.

Just saying, if I had some extra money, I would purchase a field right on the 102.

Old 02-07-2020, 09:35 PM

Whole family been looking for a controller the grandson lost for 2 days, I got at least 8 hours invested. Thing is, I spent half my life looking for other people's stuff and when I find they pearl earrings or whatever it is, they always ask the same question with the look of anticipation.

'" Omg, where did you find it.?"

My answer is always the same, in a light girl's voice I say, :"I 'll never tell."

Always the same.

Old 03-19-2020, 12:46 AM

Found out today that we got the Corrona Virus the first of Jan, it just morphed but our whole family and friends got it, me and my daughter still have chest and throat issues, a very funky throat thing where black spots keep coming up in the back of the mouth, had fevor for days. This whole town got it in Jan 1, now they got the whole county shut down, forcing people with mandatory closures lest you can do business with a drive through, imagine that lol, people be doing business with drive throughs with things never having been sold that way.

The empty shelves at the grocers, pure madness.

Anyhow, that frozen package of crawfish tail meat from Louisiana aint just gonna jump into your basket, and although it may cost 13 bucks here or 20 bucks there, go ahead and buy it next time your at the grocer, I mean, what kind of person doesnt feed their poor family crawfish corn bisque and crawfish ettufe every month?

I actually feel sinfull because of the way I eat and seafood is my staple, I eat better than the Gods.

I should film my everyday meals and try and help the poor people of the world who are suffering from family not being able to cook..

Ya know you can tell if a person is a good cook or a bad cook just by talking to them?

Hannibal's challenge of the week. Things you never buy and cook, things you should

Go to the store and buy you some Bismatte rice and fry it in butter, get you some frozen Louisina crawfish tail meat and make you a corn crawfish bisque with some french bread toast to dip.

Here is the trick question.

You can have 10 pounds of cleaned headless meat of your choosing between Lobster, Shrimp or Crawfish, and you can split it up like 4 pounds of Lobster, 3 of shrimp and 3 of crawfish..

What are you gonna order?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity