Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2022, 09:38 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Children need encouragement. If a kid gets an answer right, tell him it was a lucky guess. That way he develops a good, lucky feeling.

To me, it's always a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?," you can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

When I was a kid my favorite relative was Uncle Caveman. After school we'd all go play in his cave, and every once in a while he would eat one of us. It wasn't until later that I found out that Uncle Caveman was a bear.

Jack Handy
lol. I love Jack Handy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2022, 11:04 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,438,364 times
I buy premire protein at Heb for about a year now but I wished somebody would have taught me how to make shakes long ago. Buy a big bag of frozen strayberries, dewberries, add a little milk with a scoop of vanilla premier protein, and you got you a really good healthy shake. Drink one every night and you will notice a big change in your digestive system, clean you out.

Besides, who doesn't like a good shake?

Old 10-14-2022, 05:33 AM

1,751 posts, read 753,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I buy premire protein at Heb for about a year now but I wished somebody would have taught me how to make shakes long ago. Buy a big bag of frozen strayberries, dewberries, add a little milk with a scoop of vanilla premier protein, and you got you a really good healthy shake. Drink one every night and you will notice a big change in your digestive system, clean you out.

Besides, who doesn't like a good shake?
I am not a big shake fan, but I think you are right on the digestive tract thing.

I only drink water, except I give myself 1 mini can of Pepsi a month...other than that all water...no shakes!

I eat super healthy though, mostly raw vegetables and fruits and if I vary away from that I can feel it in my digestive tract. Really weird...I love baking, but I barely eat anything I bake for that reason. Baking makes others happy when you give. I actually have a friendly baking competition coming up against my friend, she normally wins, but I think I know how to win...not sure if its cheating or not.

I've worked hard to and am pretty much back down to my pre-pregnancy weight.

Old 10-14-2022, 09:03 AM

I never, ever drink water, I drink sodas, sometimes I have a Gatorade, I know its so bad.

Old 10-16-2022, 01:38 AM

I have to laugh everytime I see Angus meat at the store. I have been in so many slaughter houses where they might take in different cows from 20 different people, and when those cows are skinned, they dont put labels on a skinned cow.

If you actually get Angus meat, it is sheer luck.

Old 10-22-2022, 02:14 AM

Billions of crabs just went missing, that is really big news, a whole industry shut down and nobody knows why, maybe to colder waters.

Life changing.

Of course the greatest ecological disaster of the earth was 4 billion chestnut trees dying from an Asian fungus in the earlie 1900's.

One could almost say that the Smokey mountains was cursed, there is no greater tragedy

Old 10-28-2022, 05:18 AM

1,751 posts, read 753,661 times
Is this cheating?

My friend and I have a bake off, she basically always wins in past years... I've notice though that she wins most of the girl votes and I win most of the boy votes...just we always have more girl voters.

She has mostly girls in her house and I had just 1 brother and 1 dad, so perhaps I baked more for male tastebuds? I use a lot of cinnamon in my apple pies she tries to use none or little.

So.....this year I've tried to get more boy voters....assuming that I'll likely win the boy voters like usual.

Is that unfair of me since I am purposefully trying to stack the voters that I think would probably choose mine?

Old 10-28-2022, 06:11 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
Is this cheating?

My friend and I have a bake off, she basically always wins in past years... I've notice though that she wins most of the girl votes and I win most of the boy votes...just we always have more girl voters.

She has mostly girls in her house and I had just 1 brother and 1 dad, so perhaps I baked more for male tastebuds? I use a lot of cinnamon in my apple pies she tries to use none or little.

So.....this year I've tried to get more boy voters....assuming that I'll likely win the boy voters like usual.

Is that unfair of me since I am purposefully trying to stack the voters that I think would probably choose mine?
If she's using "none to little" cinnamon in her apple pies, and she's winning ....then this thing is rigged.

I mean, I'm just sayin'...

Old 10-28-2022, 06:26 PM

Meat pockets, no cinnamon, just meat pockets, dang I think I like it, brb, gotta make me some meat pockets.

Does the apple pie have whiskey in it?

Just asking.

Old 11-03-2022, 04:17 PM

People are walking across the Mississippi river and the sea wants to come in.

The Missisipi river is what makes America so unique and constructed in such a way as to imagine an intelligent design.

Its a 1200 mile super highway that transports 50 percent of the grain of our nation along with a host of other resources but now barges are just waiting.

The drought from Minnesota to Louisiana has been so bad as to allow people to walk across the Mississippi.

I mean, who has heard of such a thing?

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 11-03-2022 at 04:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity