Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 05:56 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,552,619 times

Advertisements

After all of the what would ET people do if threads this:

Scenario:

So what if you got to heaven (those of you who trusted in Jesus) and discovered that the historical/Orthodox view was correct? You realized that where Bible said those who don't trust in Jesus will be in hell forever, doing what people do in hell. The Bible was/is clear on such matters.

Then you came to realize that millions upon millions of people were lulled into a false sense of security, thinking they would not face God's eternal punishment due to the teachings of UR. Those same millions would have made the choice for Christ, but they thought; hey I'm OK regardless. No sense of urgency to say yes to Christ.

How would you feel?

1. You would be sad that they are suffering forever, but at least you would be joyful you are with God
2. You wouldn't even remember they are suffering forever
3. You would be really sad that you spread a false doctrine that caused people to think they would be OK.
4. Other.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 06:28 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,196,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
After all of the what would ET people do if threads this:

Scenario:

So what if you got to heaven (those of you who trusted in Jesus) and discovered that the historical/Orthodox view was correct? You realized that where Bible said those who don't trust in Jesus will be in hell forever, doing what people do in hell. The Bible was/is clear on such matters.

Then you came to realize that millions upon millions of people were lulled into a false sense of security, thinking they would not face God's eternal punishment due to the teachings of UR. Those same millions would have made the choice for Christ, but they thought; hey I'm OK regardless. No sense of urgency to say yes to Christ.

How would you feel?

1. You would be sad that they are suffering forever, but at least you would be joyful you are with God
2. You wouldn't even remember they are suffering forever
3. You would be really sad that you spread a false doctrine that caused people to think they would be OK.
4. Other.........
1 and 3.

That is why I studied, and studied, and STUDIED before I started talking about UR. This has been a LONG process for me. I know, without a doubt in my mind, that the traditional Greek mythological hell is malarkey. Not only does scripture NOT back it up, it doesn't even suggest such a thing. The only reason anybody could come to the conclusion that "hell" is the Dante's version would be due to indoctrination. It NEVER meant any such thing.

When a greater portion of the population of the planet equates "hell" with a literal eternal fire, well, let's just say the system did an AWESOME job of concealing, confusing and brainwashing!!

Hell, at the time the KJV was written, only meant covering. Just, the grave.

I wonder what happened..............

Last edited by herefornow; 07-21-2010 at 07:37 PM..

Old 07-21-2010, 07:02 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,133,088 times
4) Other. I suppose 1 & 3 cover part of it.

I would feel sad for those who ended up in ET.
I would feel deceived by what is stated in God's word about His desire and will to save all men.
I would beg God to release anyone who is in ET.
I would ask God why He couldn't or didn't want to save everyone.
I would ask God about His love and mercy for those in ET.
I suppose God would be able to change how I feel about these things - but according to what I know now, it would be completely contradictory to everything I understand about God's character.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:07 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,133,088 times
To sum it up, I would feel deceived, sad, ashamed, mad, scared, and hopeless all at the same time. And this is supposed to be heaven?!??

Old 07-21-2010, 07:38 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
To sum it up, I would feel deceived, sad, ashamed, mad, scared, and hopeless all at the same time. And this is supposed to be heaven?!??
Scared sums it up: spirit-numbing, mind-warping fear and terror. I would never be able to truly trust a Being like that. I'd always be waiting for the other shoe to drop and the torment of knowing I would have to live with that fear and uncertainty for eternity would be hell.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:50 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Scared sums it up: spirit-numbing, mind-warping fear and terror. I would never be able to truly trust a Being like that. I'd always be waiting for the other shoe to drop and the torment of knowing I would have to live with that fear and uncertainty for eternity would be hell.
It reminds me of the times I spent hiding in the closet, sick to my stomach that my brother was being tortured, wondering why it was him and not me, and always knowing I could be getting it next. Yeah, I want to live like that forever.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
It reminds me of the times I spent hiding in the closet, sick to my stomach that my brother was being tortured, wondering why it was him and not me, and always knowing I could be getting it next. Yeah, I want to live like that forever.

THAT'S what infuriates me most; that abused/malnourished/exhausted kids and adults all over the globe are told that God LOVES them but if they don't believe, follow, and run the race to the VERY END even though they are exhausted, confused, and/or mentally tormented, God will torch or ignore them for eternity.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:59 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
THAT'S what infuriates me most; that abused/malnourished/exhausted kids and adults all over the globe are told that God LOVES them but if they don't believe, follow, and run the race to the VERY END even though they are exhausted, confused, and/or mentally tormented, God will torch or ignore them for eternity.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:02 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,552,619 times
Quote:
So let me pose a question. If God didn't do things according to how you think He should, you would reject God?

Part of being right with God is submitting to His will and plan. Who are you or I to say to God: You are wrong?

Food for thought.

Clay-potter sort of thing.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
The Jews did not believe in him, and they were not salvaged. They were weeping and gnashing their teeth at Jesus when their temple fell.

Thomas had to see to believe. Blessed are those that DO NOT see and believe.

There isn't eternal life. There is immortality. God alone is eternal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity