Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2010, 06:31 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Indeed... I have watched those documentaries about the Phelps family. At least they are consistent in that respect. If God's judgments are indeed righteous, we should rejoice in them. Like you say - make a joyful noise!

twin.spin, do you rejoice in all of God's righteous judgments, including what you believe is Him condemning people to torment forever?
God's righteous judgements are just. Those who despise God's judgements as being just have a problem with hell ..... you should be asking this of yourself.

There is a time for everything and one day the unjust will be held accountable. I do not rejoice that people so foolishly or hatefully reject Him and his free offer, but I will rejoice that one day I will no longer will have to deal with the unbelievers (the "weeds"), and sin, and death and the main perpetrator (Satan).

And God says in his word it will not affect my joy and happiness. That too is one of his just judgements.

Yes ... there is a time for everything, now however is the time for work while it is day. Now is the time for the message for repentance, not later. I rejoice now that I'm one of the chosen and I rejoice that God gives me each day to sound the voice of one "crying in the wilderness"

REPENT!! for the day of the Lord is drawing near.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 06:39 PM

63,814 posts, read 40,087,129 times
I have less respect for the hateful threatening God you believe is going to torture His creations forever if they don't accept His offer, Twin . . . than I do for the Godfather (who doesn't pretend to be good and loving) who makes the same kind of offers.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:45 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Is that the only other option your logic concludes..?

p.s.
From a scriptural view point, that probably would be the core issue of UR " despise(ing) God's judgments and wish they weren't so? " and why I oppose it ..... which is why UR is considered a Satanic lie. Satan despises God's judgement against him.
...WHOA!...Now! you have MOST! DEFINATELY! hit upon something here twin!!!! Very perceptive! and true!

Old 11-16-2010, 06:47 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times
[quote=legoman;16678033]So does that mean you rejoice in God's judgments? I believe scripturally that is what we are to do.[/quote]

...nice "dance" around what he said...(just turn it back on him instead of answering it)...

Old 11-16-2010, 06:49 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I have less respect for the hateful threatening God you believe is going to torture His creations forever if they don't accept His offer, Twin . . . than I do for the Godfather (who doesn't pretend to be good and loving) who makes the same kind of offers.
Go ahead and knock youself out .... I was never under the impression you had much respect for God anyway for you to have less now.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:51 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Go ahead and knock youself out .... I was never under the impression you had much respect for God anyway for you to have less now.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:54 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Is that the only other option your logic concludes..?

p.s.
From a scriptural view point, that probably would be the core issue of UR " despise(ing) God's judgments and wish they weren't so? " and why I oppose it ..... which is why UR is considered a Satanic lie. Satan despises God's judgement against him.
I would say it's more like much of christendom despises the great mercy that God is extending to all , that was shown to it , but as somehow conveniently forgotten that he did , and i can say by the authority of the scripture you will remain in prison until you have paid the last penny.

Luke 6 :35 , The Most high is kind to the ungrateful and wicked

Old 11-16-2010, 06:59 PM

701 posts, read 800,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Yes and that is what resurrection is all about --- it seems to me that there are 2 ways that those that believe in annihilation view resurrection

1) That there is no resurrection of the unbelievers only believers are resurrected

2) That unbelievers are resurrected in a body that is able to be destroyed when they are judged via the lake of fire.

But to me that goes against Jesus being the resurrection and life, death being destroyed, resurrection of all to judgment, and the dead being raised in a spiritual incorruptible body...........

Where eternal torment seems to come from is the realisation that the dead are raised in a spiritual incorruptible body and knowing that it can not die bcause death is defeated. So you get the living dead scenario in an everlasting lake of fire.

#1 lie of Satan that has distorted the bulk of religions, not to mention most of Christianity, is the notion that there is a physical body and a spirit which can exist independent of that body. Any living human being will always have a physical body, period. If there is no physical body than there is no person. When the bible refers to our spirit it is referring to our consciousness. Any person who as studied human anatomy knows that our physical brains are used to process thoughts, they are the means by which we have any conscious thought. There is a very good reason why David declared in Psalms 146:4, regarding death, that "on that very day, our thoughts perish". When we are risen to perfection and given new bodies, they will be physical bodies. Why do we seem to forget that Adam and Eve were created perfect with physical bodies? We will be restored to the perfection that was suppose to be eternal in Eden.

Jesus is the resurrection and the life in the sense that he is the only reason any one will be able to be raised to eternal life. Christ is the reason that once the final judgement is over and this earth is made new, death will never happen again, because sin will never rise up again.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:05 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Twin just for arguments sake , let's say free will and choice is correct . Could you tell me how long it took you to decide ok Jesus i will take your offer of freely wiping out that massive debt that i owe and was never going to be able to pay, even if i lived as long as one of boys who lived to be 400,500,600 years of age recorded in Genesis ?, did Jesus have to chase you around trying to convince you ?, or did he show you the balance due has zero, and you believed right there and then because it was a no brainer?. What won you over ? what he did in wiping out that massive debt for you? or because you believed he wiped out that massive debt ?

Last edited by pcamps; 11-16-2010 at 07:28 PM.. Reason: unlearnt and ignorant , you need to go back to school camps

Old 11-16-2010, 07:24 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,129,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
quote=legoman;16678033So does that mean you rejoice in God's judgments? I believe scripturally that is what we are to do.[/quote]

...nice "dance" around what he said...(just turn it back on him instead of answering it)...
What are you alleging I am dancing around?

I don't have a problem with God's judgments because I know they are just. I rejoice in God's judgments - for through them all will learn righteousness.

twin.spin seems to be doing more dancing in this matter - He should be rejoicing over all the people who are burning in hell - its God's justice after all.

Last edited by legoman; 11-16-2010 at 07:35 PM.. Reason: fixed quoting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity