Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 03:11 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfNelson View Post
Amen to that! Very well said. I certainly believe in Eternal Destruction, but have recently been shown it in an awesome new light that sheds further glory on God's amazing LOVE and goodness. I gave a quick summary in another thread but I will repost it for you here.
Guilt is positional...One does not have to FEEL guilty to BE guilty...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 04:29 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times
meerkat2, you and I are saying the same thing, but their doctrine is so engrained within them that they won't see.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:00 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
You know, we could debate UR vs. ET vs. CI until the end of time ... The truth is that coming to believe in and truly understand the truth of the doctrine of UR is as much a heart thing as it is a head thing, and many people at this time just don't have the heart for it, so it doesn't matter if it is or can be proven one way or the other.

Out of the treasure of the heart the mouth speaks ... If someone truly loves another person, they would never give up on them. Some people can understand that, but many cant.
I agree Ironmaw it gets tobe tedious going around in circles, and you right to say it's a heart thing too,and the comviction i have in my heart is UR is of God,and if i stood back to see what that treasure i am drawing from my heart was continually,God is against us,he hates sin and sinners,according to some,wrath,hell and judgement i would hope that i was open enough to God to at least admit something is not quite right.Basically neglecting the more important parts of the law justice, mercy and faithfulness. Don't you find it odd that Jesus said they were neglecting justice,and the fundy believes justice 100% of the times means God is going to condemn to ETor annihilation those who don't accept there message.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:25 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
God is against us,he hates sin and sinners...
And there is the issue - what is He against? I think we all live by the motto that "God hates sin but loves the sinner", so where does that leave us? What then is God's purpose in redemption?

To separate the sin from the sinner.

Isn't that what He does in a believer? To be sure, the Cross is meant to put to death the natural man, because the only way to "cure" the flesh is to kill it. So we come to judgment, to wrath and to fire...

Old 11-16-2010, 06:37 AM

Not quite with you little elmer ?, i was saying we are told by a certain few that God hates sin and the sinner.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:45 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
And there is the issue - what is He against? I think we all live by the motto that "God hates sin but loves the sinner", so where does that leave us? What then is God's purpose in redemption?

Isn't that what He does in a believer? To be sure, the Cross is meant to put to death the natural man, because the only way to "cure" the flesh is to kill it. So we come to judgment, to wrath and to fire...
I really like this post!!
God lets Esau (the flesh) have its way, until it's time for Jacob (the Spirit) to inherit the blessing..
Sodom is destroyed and then restored.

16 Therefore all they that devour thee shall be devoured; and all thine adversaries, every one of them, shall go into captivity; and they that spoil thee shall be a spoil, and all that prey upon thee will I give for a prey. 17 For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD; because they called thee an Outcast, saying, This is Zion, whom no man seeketh after. (Jer. 30)

Blessings!
Brian

Old 11-16-2010, 06:46 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post

Indeed, God hates sin, but loves the sinner. He desires all men came to Him, but he knows it will not happen. This is why he fortells the stories of separating sheep and goats, good fish from bad fish, and weeds from grains.

Matthew 13:47-50 “Once again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was let down into the lake and caught all kinds of fish. 48 When it was full, the fishermen pulled it up on the shore. Then they sat down and collected the good fish in baskets, but threw the bad away. 49 This is how it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous 50 and throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:03 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Indeed, God hates sin, but loves the sinner. He desires all men came to Him, but he knows it will not happen. This is why he fortells the stories of separating sheep and goats, good fish from bad fish, and weeds from grains.

Matthew 13:47-50 “Once again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was let down into the lake and caught all kinds of fish. 48 When it was full, the fishermen pulled it up on the shore. Then they sat down and collected the good fish in baskets, but threw the bad away. 49 This is how it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous 50 and throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
It appears that you believe that every person is EITHER a sheep or a goat, EITHER a wheat or a tare. (This is also traditional Christian teaching.)

However, some people believe that EVERY person is both a sheep and a goat, wheat and tare. (flesh and spirit)

There's a big difference!

Blessings!
Brian

Old 11-16-2010, 07:08 AM

Well as for me and my house rather than lauding God hates sin, we will proclaim God loves the sinner. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. Those who abide in his love bring forth out of their hearts the answer to sin,those who don't abide there love to point out the consequence of sin.

Those who know how bankrupt and undone they are without his mercy and grace in their lives, would never dare utter anything against the wicked,knowing the enormous debt that he freely forgave them.

All you who are in so much debt you are going under , your heavenly father is not holding your debt against you, God was in Christ for us reconciling us back to himself, not counting our sins against us.2 Cor 5:19

He's not out to get you because of your sin,He's the great physician who is out to heal you.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:09 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
It appears that you believe that every person is EITHER a sheep or a goat, EITHER a wheat or a tare. (This is also traditional Christian teaching.)

However, some people believe that EVERY person is both a sheep and a goat, wheat and tare. (flesh and spirit)

There's a big difference!

Blessings!
Brian
Every person is born tare/goat/bad fish, but becomes wheat/sheep/good fish when we are saved. God loves us and wants us to be righteous, but some refuse to be.

The Bible doesn't lie: the angels WILL separate the wicked from the righteous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity