Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 02:36 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,447,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Part of YOU is just a beast too.

You deny it? Then "you're" a liar!

( yet not you but sin which dwells within you)

...the liar from the beginning....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 10:04 PM

73 posts, read 128,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That is your conclusion, but even the OT text which are even older, have not suffered in the way you suggest. When they found the Dead Sea scrolls the scientists were eager to see how much the Bible had changed due to translations and copying, but when they compared the current Bible to the original ones, they discovered they were practically identical. How do you explain that?
That is the official line, carefully controlled by traditionalists, you need to do more research on the Dead Sea Scrolls. Read the writings of those that disagreed that it was such neat little wrap.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:42 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,770,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crakjak View Post
That is the official line, carefully controlled by traditionalists, you need to do more research on the Dead Sea Scrolls. Read the writings of those that disagreed that it was such neat little wrap.
I have already read. However, the burden of proof is upon the person making the claim. If you are going to claim that the Bible has been destroyed beyond repair, then you need to prove it.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:41 PM

73 posts, read 128,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I have already read. However, the burden of proof is upon the person making the claim. If you are going to claim that the Bible has been destroyed beyond repair, then you need to prove it.
Oh, I would not claim that extreme, because I believe the Bible does reveal God to us, inspite of the inaccuracies.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:06 PM

351 posts, read 356,058 times
I'm fairly new to the forum but have read it in the past, I like reading the different views and enjoy discussing the word of God. I like the back and forth between the different views. I believe that God will save all his children.

I guess that makes me a UR however I don't believe that everyone just does whatever and then goes to heaven. They will be a judgment and they will have to repent and have a true conversion of the heart. This will not be painless and will not be pretty but in the end everyone will repent and all knees will bend and all voices will proclaim that Jesus is Lord.

The Bible is the word of God but needs to be read and understood with the help of God. You or I can not understand the Bible's spiritual meaning without God opening our eyes because like Jesus said when asked why he spoke in parables was because it was not given to them( the masses) to understand the secrets of heaven but it is given to you(the called) to understand.

So keep the discussions going I like that they make me think and research the info people put out and to pray to God for understanding.

One final though, God is Love and God is just. What do you think is most just for a loving Father. Infinite punishment for a finite crime, or correction and chastisement by confronting you own carnality and comparing it to God's goodness and understanding how much we need him, causing a divine influence(God's Grace) on out heart and causing us to repent in spirit and become like our Father? Which would a loving Father do?

Old 12-07-2010, 09:00 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,163,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschulz View Post
I'm fairly new to the forum but have read it in the past, I like reading the different views and enjoy discussing the word of God. I like the back and forth between the different views. I believe that God will save all his children.

I guess that makes me a UR however I don't believe that everyone just does whatever and then goes to heaven. They will be a judgment and they will have to repent and have a true conversion of the heart. This will not be painless and will not be pretty but in the end everyone will repent and all knees will bend and all voices will proclaim that Jesus is Lord.

The Bible is the word of God but needs to be read and understood with the help of God. You or I can not understand the Bible's spiritual meaning without God opening our eyes because like Jesus said when asked why he spoke in parables was because it was not given to them( the masses) to understand the secrets of heaven but it is given to you(the called) to understand.

So keep the discussions going I like that they make me think and research the info people put out and to pray to God for understanding.

One final though, God is Love and God is just. What do you think is most just for a loving Father. Infinite punishment for a finite crime, or correction and chastisement by confronting you own carnality and comparing it to God's goodness and understanding how much we need him, causing a divine influence(God's Grace) on out heart and causing us to repent in spirit and become like our Father? Which would a loving Father do?

Depends on IF God is the Father. Not ALL are His Children. In fact, the requirements are quite SPECFIC, to be called a child of God.

Keep researching.

"You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies."-Jesus

Does this say ALL children are children of God?

WHO are the children of God?

Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and whoever loves the Father loves the child born of Him.

Hmm, next?

The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.
For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.
For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.

Hmm, next?

That is, it is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants.

Hmm, next?

As He says also in Hosea, "I WILL CALL THOSE WHO WERE NOT MY PEOPLE, 'MY PEOPLE,' AND HER WHO WAS NOT BELOVED, 'BELOVED.'"
"AND IT SHALL BE THAT IN THE PLACE WHERE IT WAS SAID TO THEM, 'YOU ARE NOT MY PEOPLE,' THERE THEY SHALL BE CALLED SONS OF THE LIVING GOD."
Isaiah cries out concerning Israel, "THOUGH THE NUMBER OF THE SONS OF ISRAEL BE LIKE THE SAND OF THE SEA, IT IS THE REMNANT THAT WILL BE SAVED;

Well, time for the rose colored glasses to come off. Not EVERYONE who even says Lord, Lord will enter. Why? They are not His Family, nor are they His brothers and even mother....

But He answered and said to them, "My mother and My brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it."

THAT IS HIS FAMILY.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:07 PM

8,186 posts, read 6,957,992 times
HotinAZ...
Re: your beliefs -

This is "good news" to you...?

Old 12-08-2010, 01:38 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,778,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
HotinAZ...

As long as he is saved, to hell with anyone who does not believe the same way he does ... Right?

Its good news to him because he is all that he really is concerned about anyway. All his tears will be wiped away, thats the important thing.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
HotinAZ...

It is good news for the whole world.
Repent, for the Kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Believe upon the Name of Jesus Christ, and be saved.

Are there going to be people who don't make it? Yes.
Is it THEIR choice? Absolutely!

Old 12-08-2010, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
As long as he is saved, to hell with anyone who does not believe the same way he does ... Right?

Its good news to him because he is all that he really is concerned about anyway. All his tears will be wiped away, thats the important thing.
See, you are completely deluded, and a liar. You tell others, falsehoods about me, making it look like I have no love for my fellow man. I do, even for you, which is why I am here, now, typing, trying to open your blinded eyes to the Truth,,HIS Truth. Refute the scriptures, not me. You cannot though, can you? They go against your desires, and your false belief.

I preach the TRUE gospel, in season, and out of season. My King is continually on my lips, and I praise Him and give thanks day and night for rescuing me. I also take salvation serious. I repent, seeking forgiveness for the wrongs I have done to my God, and to my fellow man.

So no, Ironmaw1776, it isn't 'to hell with anyone'. I know I have family that will never see His Glory, because they were atheist, even though they had the gospel preached to them. It is sad, but it is also THEIR choice. They CHOSE to live their lives outside the covenant. They CHOSE to spit upon the very cross that offered Life. They were selfish and self centered, and they lived their lives for greed and gain. They died in their sin, so they remain, and will remain, dead forever.

It does make me mad, they didn't listen. It does hurt my soul, they refused my King. It does break my heart, that they thought this was all there was to life. But, you are right. God will wipe away all those tears. Praise His Name above ALL Names.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity