Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 06:34 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Finn - You still have some remaining "business" to attend to on another thread: http://www.city-data.com/forum/16985020-post926.html

Drop by with your thoughts when you can...
It is easier if you visit the dozen or so threads on that topic and get a full understanding of everyone's view on it.

Old 12-13-2010, 06:37 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Show me where you asked me that that question and where I replied in the way you claim. I ask because I don't recall anyone ever asking such question.

It is funny you justify your judgmentalism by saying that Jesus did the same. Well, Jesus did not do what you are doing.
The words of Christ ...

Matthew 15:5-9
You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:

“‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules.’

Mat 16:2-3
He replied, “When evening comes, you say, ‘It will be fair weather, for the sky is red,’ and in the morning, ‘Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast.’ You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times.

Mat 22:18
But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, “You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me?

Mat 23:13-15
“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to. “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.

Mat 23:23
“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

Mat 23:25
“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of extortion and self-indulgence.

Mat 23:27
“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and all uncleanness.

Mat 23:29
“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you build the tombs of the prophets and adorn the monuments of the righteous

Mat 13:15
This is why I speak to them in parables:

“Though seeing, they do not see;
though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:

“‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
For this people’s heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.’

Mar 16:14
Later Jesus appeared to the Eleven as they were eating; he rebuked them for their lack of faith and their stubborn refusal to believe those who had seen him after he had risen.

Yeah, you're right, Jesus said and did much more than i am doing ... He was by and far more harsh with his words where the religious elite were concerned ...

Though i can see someone like you, in defense of their own self when Christ criticized and rebuked them, saying saying something like ...

"Yo' Jesus, wheres the love man? Why are you telling us pharisees that we are children of hell and of our father the devil and calling us hypocrites and extortioners and saying we are full of death and self indulgence etc. , all the while teaching us to love even our enemies at the same time? Does that mean you don't love us Pharisees who are your enemies? Does that mean you are the real hypocrite for telling others they must love their enemies while you are spreading hate for us?"

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 12-13-2010 at 06:49 PM..

Old 12-13-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
The words of Christ ...

Matthew 15:5-9
You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:

“‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules.’

Mat 16:2-3
He replied, “When evening comes, you say, ‘It will be fair weather, for the sky is red,’ and in the morning, ‘Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast.’ You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times.

Mat 22:18
But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, “You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me?

Mat 23:13-15
“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to. “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.

Mat 23:23
“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

Mat 23:25
“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of extortion and self-indulgence.

Mat 23:27
“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and all uncleanness.

Mat 23:29
“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you build the tombs of the prophets and adorn the monuments of the righteous

Mat 13:15
This is why I speak to them in parables:

“Though seeing, they do not see;
though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:

“‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
For this people’s heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.’

Mar 16:14
Later Jesus appeared to the Eleven as they were eating; he rebuked them for their lack of faith and their stubborn refusal to believe those who had seen him after he had risen.
Are you seriously trying to compare yourself to Jesus Christ??? Are you seriously trying to justify your disrespectful behaviour by saying Jesus did the same???

Your insults are based on your personal opinon of my beliefs, while Jesus KNEW the hearts of the people He was talking about.

Jesus IS THE JUDGE. and you are NOT. Get it?

Old 12-13-2010, 07:01 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,937,610 times
Quote:
It is easier if you visit the dozen or so threads on that topic and get a full understanding of everyone's view on it.
Com'on Finn...you're not being very friendly ....humor me for a short while...Mike's gone....com'on Finn....please...

Old 12-13-2010, 07:14 PM

63,814 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Are you seriously trying to compare yourself to Jesus Christ??? Are you seriously trying to justify your disrespectful behaviour by saying Jesus did the same???
More misdirection and distraction . . . he makes no such comparison or claim. He is trying to demonstrate the purpose of exposing false beliefs . . . like yours.
Quote:
Your insults are based on your personal opinon of my beliefs, while Jesus KNEW the hearts of the people He was talking about.
Come on, Finn . . . you have exposed and explained your beliefs more than sufficiently for Iron to know the heart that lies behind them fairly reliably.
Quote:
Judging is NOT exposing false beliefs, Finn. That is all Iron is doing.

Old 12-13-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:

Sorry Finn, i'm not here to entertain your sensibilities ...

Your own words judge you, not me ...

I simply recognize the difference between nourishing fruit and poisonous thistles ...

And nearly everything you teach is oozing poison ...

You can come to this forum, or go anywhere else for that matter, and talk about how most of humanity deserves to be tortured for ever, and then get all upset if someone calls you a misanthrope and a hypocrite and tells you that you have a heart of stone and are full of spiritual violence ...

But what do you expect?

Old 12-13-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Sorry Finn, i'm not here to entertain your sensibilities ...

Your own words judge you, not me ...

I simply recognize the difference between nourishing fruit and poisonous thistles ...

And nearly everything you teach is oozing poison ...

You can come to this forum, or go anywhere else for that matter, and talk about how most of humanity deserves to be tortured for ever, and then get all upset if someone calls you a misanthrope and a hypocrite and tells you that you have a heart of stone and are full of spiritual violence ...
Your words expose your anger. Your anger exposes your heart, not mine, and it exposes the fruit of your beliefs, not mine.

Enough of this. This board is becoming an unpleasant experience and an apparent waste of time.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 12-13-2010 at 08:18 PM..

Old 12-13-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Your anger exposes your heart, not mine, and it exposes the fruit of your beliefs, not mine.

Enough of this. This board is becoming an unpleasant experience and an apparent waste of time.
I'm not angry silly ...

But if it makes you feel better to think that i am, then by all means, please feel free to keep thinking so ...

Old 12-13-2010, 08:49 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Quote:
Your words expose your anger. Your angeler exposes your heart, not mine, and it exposes the fruit of your beliefs, not mine.

It is spiritual abuse, Finn_Jarber ! Please go and educate yourself of the abuse and warning signs and you will understand what is really happening here and all through this forum.

I have been warned by other individuals and checked it out for myself..... and it was quite an eye opener .....

Blessings....

Old 12-13-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
It is spiritual abuse, Finn_Jarber ! Please go and educate yourself of the abuse and warning signs and you will understand what is really happening here and all through this forum.

I have been warned by other individuals and checked it out for myself..... and it was quite an eye opener .....

Blessings....
So telling someone that they are hard of heart, because they believe and teach that the mass majority of all humans who will ever live deserve to be tortured for ever, is abusing them spiritually?

Then according to you Jesus and Paul spiritually abused many people ...

And i suppose then you must believe that telling people that God will torture them for all eternity if they don't believe the same way you do, and is currently torturing all the ones they love who were not Christians before died, is spiritually edifying?

Wow ...

I'll tell you what is happening on this forum, and in many other places around the world right now ... People are waking up and the lies of the orthodox fundamentalist Christian traditions are being exposed for what they really are, and the gates of hell and the diabolical elitist doctrines of hate and torture and death are coming down.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 12-13-2010 at 09:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity