Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 12:09 AM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
In that case I'll be happy to relieve you of your bank balance, house, car, motorcycle and anything else of value. After all, you're not going to be needing them are you?
Not really. If I had those things and you really needed it, I would give you at least half of what I had. I'm not clinging to anything I have on this Earth. It's not worth it, it doesn't mean anything in the long run, and their not going to last into eternity anyway.

Currently I've been thinking about what kind of plans and ideas I want to present to God for heaven. There are so many inventions I've wanted to make into reality that aren't possible on this Earth but very much in Heaven. And God said he would give me the desires of my heart so why not start planning on things I've always wanted to do for Heaven? God keeps his promises. So I'm going to do just that. After all, I'm going to be there very soon. And you will be too! So let's stop making plans for what we want to do here and let's start planning for eternity. What say you?

Old 05-01-2011, 12:18 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,730 times
Quote:
No! No! I'll be quite happy for you to bequeath it to me...to take effect on say...January 1st 2012.
lol, oh phooey!

Old 05-01-2011, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew11 View Post
Hey Brother Allen,

Don't let the nay-sayers and scoffers question on why this could quite possibly 2011 be the year the trumpet sounds and God's faithful will be raptured. And you didn't say you were a prophet or saying that its definite that the Lord will come this year, you were just saying that because of where we are in time and all that is happening around the world at an accelerated pace, that there wouldn't be no reason that Jesus could come back this year.
I'm studying Bible prophecy like never before, and anytime you speak the truth, especially the end time message, there will be those who scoff and say things that aren't true. If you are truly a Bible believing, God-fearing, discerning believer, that is watching and waiting for Jesus to return, you will see and understand what non-believers don't see and understand. Daniel chapter 12 talks about this more in detail.
They are blinded from the truth because they choose to believe the lie, and in the US there is no excuse to not believe in Jesus. We have churches almost on every other block, the internet, social networking, radio, music, tv, so if someone really wants to know the truth, all they have to do is Google it, its that simple!
Jesus said that when ALL these things take place, then stand up and lift up your heads because your redemption is very near!
2011 is as follows: increase of earthquakes all over the world, increase in droughts, increase in strange and violent weather-like massive floods, blizzards, huge tornadoes wiping out many towns, sun becoming brighter, moon closer to earth, wars, mideast turmoil, governments collapsing, uprisings and riots, hoarding wealth, deception in many churches, increased persecution of Christians, distress of nations, increased signs in the heavens (UFO's, strange lights, colors, odd shapes, etc.), gas price increases, food price increases, shortage of food and waters around the world, birds falling from the sky, fish dying in the seas, animals dying, moral decay, globalization, so need I say more to all those who are doubting??
I'm getting ready to leave this dying, fallen world and be with my Jesus very soon, and I too hope that this is the year that He returns, if He doesn't for some reason, I do know this that it won't be much longer, because of everything that is occuring around the world on a daily basis!

Come Lord Jesus!!
Thank you. I just wanted to say I am continually blessed by God to have people come onto here and support me and also bring so much to the table about God's word and warning on the last days. We are all children of God and we are truly in the last days of the church. There's no more time for the sarcastic jokes and comments. All the disasters you pointed out are happening around the world and there are still people who believe the world is as it has always been. And we all know what the Lord says about that. I don't even have to quite it from scripture. I'm just shocked there are people (Christians) that are joking and denying his imminent return. All I have to say is, I wish you the best and pray that you wake up. I don't wish to condemn you. I wish that you wake up from the world and start watching for our king's return. He's coming back! You should not be caught unaware! You clarified EXACTLY what I was trying to say and I thank you so much for that. God bless you.

For all the Christians and unbelievers out there that think I implemented a date, re-read everything I said. Jesus HIMSELF said we can discern the season of his coming! I didn't say a day nor an hour. I said the year which I THINK - not I KNOW - that he's coming this year. If I am wrong, I am wrong. But I don't THINK I'm wrong. That's the last time I'm saying it. And don't come back here on May 21 or 22, claiming I believe in that crap because I made it plainly clear I didn't. I don't follow dates. Jesus said no man would know the day nor the hour. And I will believe this until I die. Have a nice day at church today and God bless!

Old 05-01-2011, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Not really. If I had those things and you really needed it, I would give you at least half of what I had. I'm not clinging to anything I have on this Earth. It's not worth it, it doesn't mean anything in the long run, and their not going to last into eternity anyway.

Currently I've been thinking about what kind of plans and ideas I want to present to God for heaven. There are so many inventions I've wanted to make into reality that aren't possible on this Earth but very much in Heaven. And God said he would give me the desires of my heart so why not start planning on things I've always wanted to do for Heaven? God keeps his promises. So I'm going to do just that. After all, I'm going to be there very soon. And you will be too! So let's stop making plans for what we want to do here and let's start planning for eternity. What say you?
neat.what kinds of things would you invent? I can only say for myself that I wouldn't have a clue as to where to start.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
'1948 (beginning of prophetic timeline when Israel became a nation) + 70 years (a generation) = 2018 (second coming of Christ) - 7 (years of tribulation) = 2011( the rapture of the church)!!!! I'm not 100% but I think it is!!!!'

Oh boy! What are you going to do when this does not happen? repent - Doubt it. Crawl under a rock and never speak on the subject again - Hope so.
I will never stop speaking about the Lord's return as long as I live. It doesn't matter if it's now, next week, or years off into the future. I will never stop believing he's coming soon because he commanded me, as Christian man, to watch for his return. And I will do this until I die. Am I going to repent if it doesn't come true? Of course! I repent everyday! As for repenting because of I thought he was coming back, for what reason when I'm doing exactly what he said to do? I didn't cast a date when I believed he was returning. I said I think he is coming back this year. And I said I wasn't 100. It's just speculation based on many different factors and observations of the chaos going around the planet.

Quote:
It used to be that 40 years was a generation, then 60, now 70 - and when your wrong then 80 and then a 100 - of course nothing in Scripture even allows one to falsely conclude a 100 years as a generation - but I am sure someone will twist the Bible to say so. I cannot wait until that generation is dead so all this false teaching goes away.

Why do you pay attention to this crud?
Why I pay attention the Lord's return? Because he said so.

Matthew 24:42
"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:29 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
So let's stop making plans for what we want to do here and let's start planning for eternity. What say you?
I'll pass on that thanks. I have no belief in mythology.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
neat.what kinds of things would you invent? I can only say for myself that I wouldn't have a clue as to where to start.
Well I don't want to get negative opinions because they are quite out of this world to say the least.

I've always wanted to create extreme roller coasters. Not in the bad way so that it's not holy in origin. But like extended coasters and train rides that go beyond the typical coaster or train experience you have in a theme park. I want to create coasters that are large and go on for miles. I want to create train rides that go up mountain tops and down valleys. I wanted to create rides that go up into the clouds. I wanted to create space expeditions for people that you can take tours on space buses to different planets. I wanted to go back in time to witness various times in the world where God's great power and authority were shown to judge nations and cities. Such as the worldwide flood, Ancient Egypt, or Atlantis! It makes me so excited to know that one day I will be able to do these things!!

FYI, If anyone thinks there are no theme parks in Heaven, I'd suggest you get searching online because people have had accounts of visiting them! I just read a book on that where this woman not only was shown amusement parks in Heaven by Jesus but also movie theaters and alot of other things. Lol. God did say everything good is from him. It makes sense that Heaven would be a place where everything good we enjoyed on Earth would be there. It just comforts me to know that my crazy ideas are not as crazy as they seem and can be made a reality!

Old 05-01-2011, 12:43 AM

Quote:
I'll pass on that thanks. I have no belief in mythology.
Well if you ever change your mind, all you have to do to be saved and go to Heaven is believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is the son of God and that he died on the cross for your sins. God bless!

Old 05-01-2011, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Well I don't want to get negative opinions because they are quite out of this world to say the least.

I've always wanted to create extreme roller coasters. Not in the bad way so that it's not holy in origin. But like extended coasters and train rides that go beyond the typical coaster or train experience you have in a theme park. I want to create coasters that are large and go on for miles. I want to create train rides that go up mountain tops and down valleys. I wanted to create rides that go up into the clouds. I wanted to create space expeditions for people that you can take tours on space buses to different planets. I wanted to go back in time to witness various times in the world where God's great power and authority were shown to judge nations and cities. Such as the worldwide flood, Ancient Egypt, or Atlantis! It makes me so excited to know that one day I will be able to do these things!!

FYI, If anyone thinks there are no theme parks in Heaven, I'd suggest you get searching online because people have had accounts of visiting them! I just read a book on that where this woman not only was shown amusement parks in Heaven by Jesus but also movie theaters and alot of other things. Lol. God did say everything good is from him. It makes sense that Heaven would be a place where everything good we enjoyed on Earth would be there. It just comforts me to know that my crazy ideas are not as crazy as they seem and can be made a reality!
that's neat.I want to ride one of your rides..or maybe all of them!
that gives me an idea..I think I would like to build a time machine (ok,with God's help,of course) and go back in time to relive key moments in life,like when I held my kids for the first time.
or maybe even change key events in life that I had regrets over..something like that.

Old 05-01-2011, 02:16 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Well if you ever change your mind, all you have to do to be saved and go to Heaven is believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is the son of God and that he died on the cross for your sins. God bless!
No doubt the Hindus would tell me the same sort of thing regarding Brahma and the Muslims regarding Allah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity