Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2011, 07:17 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,132,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Can you explain what you mean? How do you "give permission" to somebody to deceive you?
Thanks for asking!
We give permission to somebody to deceive us, by ignoring truth.
Sometimes, the truth just feels like too much, so we find coping mechanisms... (ie deception, to hide from the truth temporarily)
Like, when we watch a movie, we're allowing others to deceive us, because it gives us a break from reality - into a fantasy world.
When we submit to an organization's belief packages, because we feel lost & unsure of where to find truth, we're giving others permission to deceive us.
We all do this - on a regular basis. Usually it's our own thoughts that we allow to deceive us... until we become brave enough to explore more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2011, 07:21 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Okay, I can see what you're saying. It's not always (or even usually) a conscious decision though, I don't think, which is where the "giving permission" aspect threw me.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:24 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,132,277 times
Yeah, you're right. Unfortunately, we're often unaware of our lack of awareness!

Old 05-07-2011, 07:29 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
These are core issues in Christianity. The emerging church has a number of church "leaders" sending the flock in the wrong direction. These videos help present the issue.
Take this as one source and do your own research.
In other words you are NOT capable of independent thought and discussion . . . just propagandizing with your mentors' videos.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:48 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
I believe in "New Age" as defined by being open to any spiritual, scientific & metaphysical truths that embraces elements from religions, including Christianity.
I don't believe in New Age as defined by horoscope based "Age of Aquarius" or any other beliefs that give one's power away.

Lee,
You accused the Vatican of encouraging the worshiping of Mary & saints. Do you realize, that Jesus discouraged people from worshiping him, (Matt 19:16-17) acknowleding only God is that "good Master" - yet people continue worshiping Jesus? Many also search for the kingdom of God externally... when he specifically explained how "the kingdom of God cometh not with observation... the kingdom of God is within you." (Luke 17:20-21).

God created us all to learn & much learning comes from making mistakes, because of deception. Both those who believe in traditional Christianity & those who believe in Mystical Christianity consist of imperfect (or deceived) people. Yet, (IMO) Christianity was originally intended to be internalized, not just institutionalized. "Narrow is the way... & few there be that find it" (Matt 7:14) because it is personal & individual. Organized religion may offer some spiritual help, but nobody can tell you how to feel spiritual feelings, or heal internally. Likewise, nobody can deceive you without your permission. Sin is incorrect thinking, based on deception - & aren't we all sinners?
AWESOME....SIMPLY AWESOME POST!!!!! I couldn't have said it better if I had written it myself.

What Christians really hate to admit is that Jesus was a Mystic and everything he taught involved looking within...changing from the inside out. The simple message of Jesus has been so misinterpreted by men...it isn't any wonder there are some 30,000 denominations of Christianity. As long as one continues to look for God in a book or to other men for truth...One is doomed to never find the joy, peace and harmony (heaven on earth/the Kingdom of God) that one could have while living...for this can only be found within.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:33 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times
For some good information regarding how UFO and aliens look to tie into this deception, look up "Prophecy Club" "Ascended Masters" "Paul Christopher." Understanding this will be crucial in defending one's faith and witnessing to others in the days ahead. It looks like the "instead of" Christ could be identified as either Maitreya or Sananda.

Last edited by Mikelee81; 05-17-2011 at 04:41 PM..

Old 05-17-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
AWESOME....SIMPLY AWESOME POST!!!!! I couldn't have said it better if I had written it myself.

What Christians really hate to admit is that Jesus was a Mystic and everything he taught involved looking within...changing from the inside out. The simple message of Jesus has been so misinterpreted by men...it isn't any wonder there are some 30,000 denominations of Christianity. As long as one continues to look for God in a book or to other men for truth...One is doomed to never find the joy, peace and harmony (heaven on earth/the Kingdom of God) that one could have while living...for this can only be found within.
2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that[a] Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world. 1 John 4:2-4 (New King James Version)

Old 05-17-2011, 04:47 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
If you do some research, you will find the deity of Jesus Christ being assaulted like no other time. I think it's clear the reason why.

What's going on with 2012? It's not the end of the world anymore. Now it's something called the "enlightenment." Very serious issue for all that proclaim that Jesus Christ was God manifest in the flesh and the living God. I believe we as Christians have a duty to inform each other on this. If nothing happens, no big deal. If it does, as I believe to suggest it most definitely will, than we will be prepared.

It's a 9 video series.

YouTube - New World Order Alien and UFO Deception - New Age Luciferian Agenda (pt. 1 of 9)
You should be prepared to begin with...

Old 05-17-2011, 04:55 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that[a] Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world. 1 John 4:2-4 (New King James Version)
Notice the phrase "in you/us" repeated throughout the rest of that chapter and see if you get a glimpse of whose flesh it is speaking of Christ having come in. Then maybe Christy's post will make sense to you.

Last edited by Pleroo; 05-17-2011 at 05:15 PM..

Old 05-17-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Notice the phrase "in you/us" repeated throughout the rest of that chapter and see if you get a glimpse of whose flesh it is speaking of Christ having come in. Then maybe Christy's post will make sense to you.
ChristyGrl > "What Christians really hate to admit is that Jesus was a Mystic" << I think it's clear what she said. Yahushua Jesus was fully flesh and blood during his ministry just like you and me. The only difference was he was genetically without sin. As the son of God, he also had the powers of God through him as they were one. Now he sits at the right hand of the father. He has conquered the world and is a King. When the time is right, he is coming back to claim what is his. << this is the messiah spoken of throughout the entire Bible.

Mystism is heavily linked to the occult. For anyone interested, look up "prophecy club ascended masters." It very well could be possible the "Jesus" these people are claiming to be talking to is either Maitreya or Sananda. These spiritual beings can be traced back centuries but became popular with Blevatsky who was a luciferian. She initiated what is known as the "new age" movement. Benjamin Creme is another more recent one. He thinks Maitreya is the historic Jesus. Feel free to look all of this up folks. If you are involved in this, call Yahushua Jesus the messiah into your heart and renounce those anti-christs in the name of the real Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity