Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 10:40 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,020,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
So, are you saying the verse in Revelation means no one drinks of the water until after they die? When Jesus talks about drinking the water, is He talking about in the future after they die? The reason I ask is because Jesus said if you drink of the water you'll never thirst again. So, either no one drinks of the water until after they die (hense, the thirsty people in Rev.), or if not, some people drink of the water now and are never thirsty again, and some people remain thirsty and don't drink of the water until after they die, as in Revelation. Please clarify. If it's the same people who are thirsty in Rev. as the people Jesus talked to, then He was telling them they would drink of the water after they die, right?

I disagree that it was the same people. I think when Jesus told them to drink of the water and never thirst again, that they were able to do it at that time, as we are now. And, I believe the people who are thirsty in Revelation are the people who never drank of the water in this life, and He gives them the living water at that time.
Great post BHFT. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. Some horses are rather stubborn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2011, 07:50 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Anyway, thank-you for sharing your faith with me, .
You're welcome. And it is ok that you didn't share yours with me.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
So, are you saying the verse in Revelation means no one drinks of the water until after they die?
No, I did not say that.

Quote:
When Jesus talks about drinking the water, is He talking about in the future after they die?
Jesus mentioned the drinking of water in many places in the New Testament, and I quoted some of them for you. While He was on earth He was talking about the water which represents salvation. In heaven we will drink the water in abundance, and it will give is amazing wisdom. The drinkers are the same people who drank while living.

Quote:
The reason I ask is because Jesus said if you drink of the water you'll never thirst again. So, either no one drinks of the water until after they die (hense, the thirsty people in Rev.), or if not, some people drink of the water now and are never thirsty again, and some people remain thirsty and don't drink of the water until after they die, as in Revelation. Please clarify. If it's the same people who are thirsty in Rev. as the people Jesus talked to, then He was telling them they would drink of the water after they die, right?
It is plain for all to see the verses in Rev 21 splits people in two groups:

1. The saved - the water drinkers. "To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son."

2. The unsaved, who rejected the water. "But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

Sinners are not offered salvation after death. That is clear in Hebrews 9:27 Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,

Old 04-10-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Great post BHFT. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. Some horses are rather stubborn.
Exactly. Jesus will not make you drink unless you want to. Some people are rather subborn. The uni belief that people are tortured until they agree to drink is a fairytale.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:27 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
God's torture

If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat;
if he is thirsty, give him water to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head,
and the Lord will reward you.Proverds 25:21-22

The love of God tortured me into repentance. When i saw Love, i was chastised "woe is me for i am undone".

6Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a burning coal in his hand, which he had taken from the altar with tongs. 7He touched my mouth with it and said, “Behold, this has touched your lips; and your iniquity is taken away and your sin is forgiven.Isaiah 6 The love of God kissed us on the lips

What was it that took away our sin ? Yes the Love of God that burns within us, not a choice between heaven and hell.

Last edited by pcamps; 04-10-2011 at 09:09 AM..

Old 04-10-2011, 08:45 AM

811 posts, read 810,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

[b]2. unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

Sinners are not offered salvation after death. That is clear in Hebrews 9:27 Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,
Yet death is the last enemy to be destroyed
Also judgement doesn't guarantee it must be unending

Old 04-10-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceahogalwaysahog View Post
Yet death is the last enemy to be destroyed
Also judgement doesn't guarantee it must be unending
Yes, physical death will be thrown in the lake of fire along with the demons and the unbelievers. The Bible does guarantee it is unending.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:23 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,938,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You're welcome. And it is ok that you didn't share yours with me.
I did share it with you. Post #55. All of those scriptures I quoted to you speak of Christ alone saving us, apart from anything we do. They speak of The Gospel. Christ, crucified and risen. That is where my hope is found, in Jesus

Old 04-10-2011, 12:53 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:
I think when Jesus told them to drink of the water and never thirst again, that they were able to do it at that time, as we are now. And, I believe the people who are thirsty in Revelation are the people who never drank of the water in this life, and He gives them the living water at that time.
The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" He, who hears, let him say, "Come!" He who is thirsty, let him come. He, who desires, let him take the water of life freely.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:08 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
As mentioned previously in post #1 water had three different spiritual connotations to a Pharisee.
It is certain that the thought of babies living in water before their birth was known from the earliest of ancient times.

"What the Spirit perfectly unites from above, no man will separate; for the two shall become one."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity