Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 11:53 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWitnesses View Post
I actually wish more people had expressed differing ideas of why they thought God might allow Satan to exist - on this thread - rather than claiming that he doesn't exist at all...which is actually off-topic when you think about it.
You can't prove a negative. The burden of proof rests on those who believe Satan exists, and be open to provide reasonable explanation to how it bodes well with the scenario they like to present. If you think about it, it isn't really off-topic to suggest Satan doesn't exist because it is an argument involving a belief that is opposed to it. The very premise of the title, if you think about it, is questioning that belief and asking for proof and logic behind such claims of existence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 12:10 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,779 times
Ok so to the ones who don't even believe there's a real angel who rebelled against God called Satan, then why would Yahushua say He saw Satan fall from heaven like lightning? In other words, very quickly kicked out.

And what do you say about the scripture in Revelation that says one third of the angels went with him?

Old 09-01-2011, 12:42 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Ok so to the ones who don't even believe there's a real angel who rebelled against God called Satan, then why would Yahushua say He saw Satan fall from heaven like lightning? In other words, very quickly kicked out.
Must have been smoking some effective stuff - Occam's Razor.

Quote:
And what do you say about the scripture in Revelation that says one third of the angels went with him?
"It is a contradiction in terms and ideas to call anything a revelation that comes to us at second hand, either verbally or in writing."
- Thomas Paine

Old 09-01-2011, 01:22 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,163,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
SoCal...We will just have to agree to disagree.
All have access to God. God works in our hearts.
Peace,
sparrow
Yes, He does. God bless you.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:29 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,163,071 times
Quote:

Did he say it? Or did someone else say it for him? In Jesus' teachings, he writes that there are many things in the Bible attributed to him that he never said. The Bible has been re-written so many times, it was probably inserted in there by someone who thought they knew, but they didn't.

As to what's in Revelations, I posted what John wrote about it and the same thing applies. Someone inserted that into his writings.

To understand what an Angel is.. is to know that they are Divine spiritual beings... immortal and closest to God... meaning they are at-one with Him. There is nothing in their souls that will cause them to sin or fall. So, therefore, any reference in the Bible to any fallen angel is a false teaching.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:48 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,571,770 times
Quote:
One of these days your going to realize what's going on here...

Then you won't need to go back and forth anymore. It's all part of the plan. Just give your stance, with scripture and that's enough. Not trying to preach to you but that's just what I've learned personally.
You're right...though I believe TwoWitnesses is equipped enough to endure for a short while before he says, 'nuf said!

I share my view once and let the seed grow (if it has substance) in God's own time...

~So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
Isaiah 55:11

From time to time...I engage in prolonged discourse with supporting scripture...if only to give it credence, then leave the topic be to be pondered upon by those lurkers who hold the same view as I do.

In the interim...I have grown spiritually through the differing views of those who participate in this forum and even learned to understand why the atheists are adamant in their denial as well. I thank you all for that.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
You're right...though I believe TwoWitnesses is equipped enough to endure for a short while before he says, 'nuf said!

I share my view once and let the seed grow (if it has substance) in God's own time...

~So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
Isaiah 55:11

From time to time...I engage in prolonged discourse with supporting scripture...if only to give it credence, then leave the topic be to be pondered upon by those lurkers who hold the same view as I do.

In the interim...I have grown spiritually through the differing views of those who participate in this forum and even learned to understand why the atheists are adamant in their denial as well. I thank you all for that.
Glad you understand what I mean. Awesome scripture as well! The important thing to remember is, it's not who your talking to that God is planting the seed in most of the time. It's the ones who are passing by and taking notice that God is dealing with. Well, Satan knows this to so his plan is to get you to go back and forth with foolish debates until you get frustrated. This doesn't work on everyone though. Satan says, "ok I've got plenty of so called Christians here who aren't really a disciple of Yahushua and when I see the real disciples of Yahushua come around, I'll just round up my followers and we'll act like we love everybody and tell them it's going to be ok. That will make it look like we really know God. Then the disciples will either leave or it will turn into a heated debate. That's just what I notice.

Besides, it's better to say where you stand, like you said, the Word doesn't return void. His words are spirit and life and if we just clearly speak the Word of God once or twice on a subject in a thread then God will cause it to grow. The whole point is to get the unbeliever to read the Word though! We must cause them to search for theirself. They really won't learn anything from us. We need to point them to Yahushua.

Think about this. What do you think it looks like when people go back and forth? To me it looks like pride. It looks like neither one wants to be wrong. That doesn't look to good for someone God is calling.

So yeah, Satan is real, but he doesn't have much time left.

We need to grow.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:32 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,571,770 times
Quote:
Glad you understand what I mean. Awesome scripture as well! The important thing to remember is, it's not who your talking to that God is planting the seed in most of the time. It's the ones who are passing by and taking notice that God is dealing with. Well, Satan knows this to so his plan is to get you to go back and forth with foolish debates until you get frustrated. This doesn't work on everyone though. Satan says, "ok I've got plenty of so called Christians here who aren't really a disciple of Yahushua and when I see the real disciples of Yahushua come around, I'll just round up my followers and we'll act like we love everybody and tell them it's going to be ok. That will make it look like we really know God. Then the disciples will either leave or it will turn into a heated debate. That's just what I notice.

Besides, it's better to say where you stand, like you said, the Word doesn't return void. His words are spirit and life and if we just clearly speak the Word of God once or twice on a subject in a thread then God will cause it to grow. The whole point is to get the unbeliever to read the Word though! We must cause them to search for theirself. They really won't learn anything from us. We need to point them to Yahushua.

Think about this. What do you think it looks like when people go back and forth? To me it looks like pride. It looks like neither one wants to be wrong. That doesn't look to good for someone God is calling.

So yeah, Satan is real, but he doesn't have much time left.

We need to grow.
Yeah...and sometimes, cupid's arrow just totally miss the target and zoom by over people's heads...

He/she who has an ear...hear the tangential trill.

Last edited by ans57; 09-01-2011 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: to make a point of contact

Old 09-01-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Yeah...and sometimes, cupid's arrow just totally miss the target and zoom by over people's heads...
I guess that's where prayer comes in.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:49 AM

817 posts, read 739,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
You can't prove a negative. The burden of proof rests on those who believe Satan exists, and be open to provide reasonable explanation to how it bodes well with the scenario they like to present. If you think about it, it isn't really off-topic to suggest Satan doesn't exist because it is an argument involving a belief that is opposed to it. The very premise of the title, if you think about it, is questioning that belief and asking for proof and logic behind such claims of existence.
Exactly my point bro.
Not entirely off topic...just not possible to prove so it detracts from the answering of the question and takes the debate in a different direction.

It's really up to the author of the thread I suppose, to try to elicit the responses he/she wants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity