Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 02:55 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,211,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Satan is not omnipresent.

He does not reside in believers. Lightness and darkness can not coexist.
That may be the case for the satan you believe in. Satan as the concept has been revealed to me and as I understand it is our egoic/carnal nature and it certainly can coexist as we spiritually mature and gain control over it instead of it controlling us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 03:22 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,696,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Not exactly. Jesus didn't reside in a bubble. He was tempted to sin just like everyone else - but didn't.

Adam and Christ are the keys - you are either unified with one or the other. It doesn't matter who your physical parent is. Everyone in Adam is corrupt in God's eyes - regardless of who they are - everyone.

I can understand why you would say that - your perspective is what it is.

God is not playing games. The perfect world is to come. Those who are with Christ will be there.

It is out of love the God chooses any of us to dwell with Him in the perfect world. If God did not send Christ to the world, we would all be subject to His anger.

Anger is not God's pleasure, but it is part of his character - just like we have anger.
Religion is mans attempt to explain God

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Gal 5:26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Old 08-31-2011, 03:28 PM

45,579 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
That may be the case for the satan you believe in. Satan as the concept has been revealed to me and as I understand it is our egoic/carnal nature and it certainly can coexist as we spiritually mature and gain control over it instead of it controlling us.
When you say stuff like the bold above, which EG did the same thing - there no point in continuing the discussion. We are from here forward speaking about two different Satans in your mind - since I believe in a different Satan than you. I'm not going to waste my time.

Old 08-31-2011, 03:33 PM

45,579 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Religion is mans attempt to explain God

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Gal 5:26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
Ex. 34:6 - Then the LORD passed by in front of him and proclaimed, "The LORD, the LORD God, compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in lovingkindness and truth;

His own words - "slow to anger". My explanation is not necessary.

Old 08-31-2011, 03:56 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,277 times
Hopefully, a sister is about to come on here and display some wisdom. Come on sister, tell us what were missing. "Remember" what?

Old 08-31-2011, 05:59 PM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Well, again, what I am referring to is God's Divine Love... which is separate and distinct from the Love that He has for each of us, because you're right, it will never go away. But His Divine Love will... sorry to say.
How so..?

Old 08-31-2011, 09:16 PM

2,070 posts, read 2,161,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
How so..?
So as not to go too far off topic, I'll repeat again that God does not use Satan, as there is no such entity. Evil comes from our own natures and, therefore, is man-made and not of God. And why does He allow evil? Well, you'll have to ask Him... but to me it is for us to learn our lessons. He gives us the tools available to become free from sin and if we're not using them, well, He has lots of patience.

One tool is God's Divine Love which surrounds and envelops each one of us, but to receive it in our souls, we must have an awakening for this to occur. This is done by prayer to God to open up our souls to allow the Holy Spirit to deliver it. We feel it near our heart as a warm sensation, sometimes coming in waves. This Love is so powerful that it removes our sins and evil tendencies and we become more like God in His loving qualities and attributes. This is not the natural love we are all born with. It is the highest and holiest Love from God.

This is what Jesus received and this is how he became at-one with God... meaning that his soul has the substance or Essence of God. This is a gift from God, that He gives to us because He wants us to have it and live in the Celestial Heavens, or Kingdom of God, with Him. At some point in time, He is going to withdraw the privilege of receiving this gift and it will no longer be available and the doors to the Celestial Heavens will be closed.

But because God loves all of His children equally, and it is not a requirement that any of us become Divine Angels, which is what Jesus is and all spirits who reside in God's Kingdom, if we choose not to accept His gift of Divine Love, we will still feel the effects of His Love for us and we will be happy, but we will not become at-one with God or obtain immortality.

So as I posted, get it while the gettin' is good, because if you wait too long, you might miss out on the most awesome experience of Love in the universe.

Blessings.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:35 PM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times
So SoCal....

You are basically saying...
God loves us but only for so long... meaning, if we don't respond or say the right prayer asking him for His love...eventually He will just annihilate us like we never existed?

Is this what you are saying?
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

peace,
sparrow

Old 08-31-2011, 09:49 PM

2,070 posts, read 2,161,958 times
Quote:
So SoCal....

God loves us but only for so long... meaning, if we don't respond or say the right prayer asking him for His love...eventually He will just annihilate us like we never existed?

peace,
sparrow
I don't know what God's intentions are for those who choose not to receive His Gift of Divine Love. Just speculating, of course, maybe after a time, He will offer His gift again and create another Celestial Heavens.

All I know is that He loves us immensely and if you want to live where Jesus lives, which I do, then it is imperative that you obtain God's Divine Love before the doors close. This message explains it further.

Ann Rollins again writes on the Kingdom of Jesus being closed to all those that do not receive the Divine Love of the Father (http://tinyurl.com/3m2mu4x - broken link)

Old 08-31-2011, 10:02 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,277 times
Quote:
So SoCal....

peace,
sparrow
Pardon me but your pretty close. It's more like, if you don't listen and obey Yahushua, then you will not enter the Kingdom. That should be very clear.

It's not listen to man or anyone who claims to know Yahua. Yahua told Moses and all the prophets about the coming Messiah and said the life of our soul depends on our obedience to Him. The Messiah is not only the Lamb that takes away our sin, but just as important, our teacher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity