Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 11:49 AM

817 posts, read 739,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Thank you for your very nice post. There is a Hell, just as there is a Heaven... and actually, there are two Heavens. One Heaven is the highest, the Celestial Heaven where only those who possess God's Divine Love inhabit... and the Heaven below it is for those spirits whose souls have been purified by the natural love.

God didn't create Hell, but rather it exists because of the condition of darkness in people's souls. And this darkness is caused by sins that we commit over a lifetime. There are many planes in Hell and this goes to degrees of darkness. There is no Devil, fire or brimstone and it isn't eternal. What happens to these spirits is that they are compelled to "reap what they have sown," and are under the operation of the Law of Compensation where they must pay back to the last farthing for their sins... and the definition of sin is a violation of God's Law of Love.

Make no mistake, we do not need a ying and a yang for this world to function properly... all we need is God's Divine Love to be possessed in every human being's soul and we would have Heaven on earth and be blissfully happy and "mine" would become "thine," as it is God's Will that this be done.

"Jesus' True Teachings" are his spirit writings through a medium James E. Padgett from 1914 to 1923. He had attempted many times throughout the years to bring his teachings to light, since what is contained in the Bible is not altogether accurate, as his true teachings were lost about 150 years after his passing into the spirit world. If anybody is interested to read four volumes, "True Gospel Revealed Anew by Jesus," which is available at amazon, I highly recommend it. These messages are so profound and awesome... and if you follow what he writes... to pray to God for a soul awakening to receive God's Greatest Gift... His Divine Love... you will receive it and become a true follower of Jesus.

A collection of messages can be read here on my friend's website:

http://truthforallpeople.com

God bless.

Very cool! I will check that all out.

The problem I have with all the things that are said about The Divine Love is all there really needs to be...is that isn't what scripture actually suggests. Let me ask...if this were the case...why does God allow the Dragon to be loosed again to deceive the nations in Revelation?

Don't get me wrong...I would love to believe that this is just a limited pocket of "something kind of went wrong, but soon it will be eternally lovey-dovey everywhere in the Universe" and that there is no adversary...but why after all these Billions of years, and when we find ourselves in the middle of all this seeming infinity, are we still dealing with evil.

And if there didn't need to be a balance of forces, why is there Free Will? Free will, as long as it exists, implies and actually creates the Yin and Yang...because we have CHOICE to do either A) love God, or B) not love God.

So when you say ALL WE NEED IS LOVE, and when we know LOVE CAN'T EXIST WITHOUT FREE WILL...and that FREE-WILL IMPLIES THE YIN AND YANG, then we're back to the same point I made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 11:58 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,129,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Initial OP question (before sidetrack) is an interesting one that has been asked throughout the ages by God-seeking people. In the overall context of our loving, yet, all powerful/knowing God, the answer is not all that complicated: God allows it because He loves us and seeks a genuine love-based relationship with us. While we do not fully understand 'why' God loves the man He created in this way, ...scripture fully supports this principle.

Consider this: Alternatives/choices must exist in order to truly have love (or loving relationship). One cannot simply demand true love from a position of power and/or if one simply loves 'blindly' in dutiful, submissive obeissance ... is it really love? The same principle holds true throughout creation: Can light truly exist without darkness?; Can good exist without evil? Can truth exist without lies? Thus, this entire world, including time itself, has been created by God for our benefit, to bring about the true love-based choices He desires.

BUT, rather than simply allow Satan to run roughshod over creation, God has placed limits on what he can and cannot do. For one thing, Satan is allowed to use lies and deceit to deceive mankind, but, he has no authority to force people to do anything (much less, disobey or renounce God). In that sense, the authority Satan establishes over human lives, is the authority that people allow! On balance, God likewise, will not force anyone to obey, trust, love or follow Him ... even though that is His desire and the purpose of our creation and existence.

One final thing, Satan is God's creation (created for God's purpose). He is not God's enemy and has no authority or power to oppose God. However, Satan hates God and is the sworn enemy of mankind ... using every deceitful lie in his power to destroy the eternal souls of mankind.
This seems odd; so God created Satan so people have the option of going to hell?

Old 08-31-2011, 12:03 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
This seems odd; so God created Satan so people have the option of going to hell?
Yeah, it does seem odd. It also seems odd God lost control of His creation. Rebellious angels, creating satan just so people have the option of spending forever in hell.... I guess His experiment didn't turn out too well.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:05 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
I have met more than 2 people who would rather rule in hell than serve in heaven.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:05 PM

If we go with the premise that it is about God's love, why wouldn't God remove any impediment (ie. Satan, temptation, evil) that would stop us being with him, and then everyone would naturally choose him (no "forcing" necessary).

Old 08-31-2011, 12:08 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,162,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWitnesses View Post
Very cool! I will check that all out.

The problem I have with all the things that are said about The Divine Love is all there really needs to be...is that isn't what scripture actually suggests. Let me ask...if this were the case...why does God allow the Dragon to be loosed again to deceive the nations in Revelation?

Don't get me wrong...I would love to believe that this is just a limited pocket of "something kind of went wrong, but soon it will be eternally lovey-dovey everywhere in the Universe" and that there is no adversary...but why after all these Billions of years, and when we find ourselves in the middle of all this seeming infinity, are we still dealing with evil.

And if there didn't need to be a balance of forces, why is there Free Will? Free will, as long as it exists, implies and actually creates the Yin and Yang...because we have CHOICE to do either A) love God, or B) not love God.

So when you say ALL WE NEED IS LOVE, and when we know LOVE CAN'T EXIST WITHOUT FREE WILL...and that FREE-WILL IMPLIES THE YIN AND YANG, then we're back to the same point I made.
Well, why did God give us free will in the first place? So we can make our own choice to receive in our souls His Divine Love. Adam and Eve refused God's offer to become immortal, because their thinking got in the way of common sense. They became puffed up with pride and arrogance. And why was this? Because they were more spiritual human beings and had spiritual powers, that we don't have. When they rejected God, well what did He do then? He removed all the wonderful spiritual powers they had and that is what resulted in their fall. God also withdrew from all of His children either on earth or in the spirit world, the possibility of receiving His Divine Love.

When this happened, Adam and Eve realized their mistake and became mere human beings, like the rest of us and we're their ancestors, of course. Evil and sin prevailed and until God brought back the possibility for us to once again obtain His Divine Love, with the birth of Jesus, who was the first person to do so, then all the rest of us can and should get with the program and receive it now... because He will withdraw it again and that'll be it, unless He changes His mind.

Again, I can't say it enough times, that Divine Love is the very Essence of God... it is His substance that we are not born with, but we must pray to Him to receive it and it is the Holy Spirit that delivers it into our souls.

The book of Revelation in the Bible is explained by John in this message. And by the way... John is awesome and he's the closest spirit to Jesus.

The Book of Revelation is No Longer the Original Text That John the Apostle Wrote (http://tinyurl.com/3wl2lr9 - broken link)

Old 08-31-2011, 12:09 PM

And then of course we have the problem of what happens in heaven.

If true love necessitates having a choice to rebel, then there will always be the threat and likelihood of someone in heaven rebelling. I mean it happened before, as some believe. God's first creation, Lucifer, rebelled. Then God's second creation, Adam (humanity) rebelled. Will the third time be the charm? Not according to this record, and not according to the idea that we need to be able to have a choice to rebel if we are to love.

Food for thought.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:10 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
If we go with the premise that it is about God's love, why wouldn't God remove any impediment (ie. Satan, temptation, evil) that would stop us being with him, and then everyone would naturally choose him (no "forcing" necessary).
An automatic theocracy with a single world wide religion. Yes, that has always been possible. but look at at the reaction if people even think any religion wants to do that.

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
1- Why was is required that Jesus' be a virgin birth?

2- I wasn't asking what criteria was meant to be used to "filter out". That isn't quite a secret or anything worth discussing here. I'd asked: Why does God want to punish and torture those who fail to meet the challenge? To me, that attitude sounds like that of a kid who goes and burns his toys if they don't play his tune as he subjects them to challenging conditions that he created. How is this any different?

3- If everything was created by this God you speak for, then who but Him is at the greatest fault? Or, was it a deliberate attempt to play such games as the aforementioned kid?
1- Everyone who is a physical descendant from Adam is corrupted. The virgin birth placed Jesus outside of Adam's lineage - resulting in a sinless foundation that remained thru his earthly life.

2- I understand what you are saying. Again - there is no challenge. You are either in His family by faith, or you aren't.

If you are speaking of the larger picture of God burning up his creations because they didn't meet His laws - I understand.

Look at it this way. A tea party married couple have children. How would you regard those kids as they grew up - would you favor them or not? Probably not. Why? Because of their lineage, and ultimately because of their actions.

This is the same thing. Adam screwed up - and we are his kids - and we are screwing up like Adam. So God's chooses to punish those of Adam in the manner He chooses. However, He gives us an out clause - which is Christ. Without that "out" clause - we are all toast. So it is really God's grace in that Jesus was offered as a sinless sacrifice for us.

3- See #2 - He created the world perfect, but allowed sin to occur. Instead of wiping out everything and starting over, He allowed many to be joined to Christ by faith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I have met more than 2 people who would rather rule in hell than serve in heaven.
Unfortunately those people are lost. But they will be found. And then they will change their mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity