Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 12:44 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,962,308 times

Advertisements

and SoCal, that is my entire point here. We must realize this or we will not be in heaven. It is absolutely all about Him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 12:46 PM

8,181 posts, read 6,931,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
God will withdraw the possibility and privilege for us to receive in our souls His Divine Love, which makes us immortal. This is referred to as the "second death." The first "death" occurred with Adam and Eve. It merely means that our souls will not have the assurance of becoming immortal.

Only God knows when this withdrawal will occur, so why take a chance and let it slip through out fingertips. God's Divine Love is here now. My friends and I have been receiving it for years and we know how it has changed us, as it purifies and cleanses our soul and removes sin, error, and false beliefs... all that is not in harmony with God. It is a lifelong process while we are here, but once we have passed from this life, it is much easier to progress as we won't be burdened with things we have to do like work, chores, pay bills, watch football, or have any other distractions that will prevent us from becoming at-one with God. We can't enter into the Celestial Heavens without this transformation, but when we do... praise God. Get ready for some awesomeness that is beyond our wildest imaginations.

These messages describe what Heaven looks like from the Third Sphere to the Celestial Heavens:

The Celestial & Spiritual Spheres (http://tinyurl.com/244nqeb - broken link)

Blessings.

Ok, thanks for explaining your view. I disagree with them though.
Love perseveres. Love does not give up and withdraw.
Love will not end up "slipping through our fingers".
There is no chance of that.
peace,
sparrow

Old 08-31-2011, 12:49 PM

817 posts, read 740,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
People do evil things...ALL THE TIME. But, that doesn't mean there is some outside force making them do it...it is their own egoism/carnality/unconsciousness that is the blame...not a mythic evil entity.
By the same reasoning...we can say that no other mythic entities exist at all...including God. We humans might as well take responsibility for all the good then also.

For the record...no force can make you do anything you do not consent to..not God or any other entity.

Entities do exist however...on both teams...and I think the historical evidence very strongly supports this.

I don't have a problem with your opinion at all! But it is very far from the Judeo-Christian model, and personally I prefer overall to test and debate scripture here when it comes to these arguments myself...this being a Christian board and all.

When it comes to fallen angels and the adversary...Scripture is full of references all over the place.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:53 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
1- Everyone who is a physical descendant from Adam is corrupted. The virgin birth placed Jesus outside of Adam's lineage - resulting in a sinless foundation that remained thru his earthly life.
So you agree with me now that Jesus had to be protected.

Quote:
2- I understand what you are saying. Again - there is no challenge. You are either in His family by faith, or you aren't.
No you still aren't getting it. You repeated what you had said earlier. I wasn't asking what criteria was meant to be used to "filter out". That isn't quite a secret or anything worth discussing here. I'd asked: Why does God want to punish and torture those who fail to meet the challenge? To me, that attitude sounds like that of a kid who goes and burns his toys if they don't play his tune as he subjects them to challenging conditions that he created. How is this any different?

Quote:
Look at it this way. A tea party married couple have children. How would you regard those kids as they grew up - would you favor them or not? Probably not. Why? Because of their lineage, and ultimately because of their actions.
Why must I judge the kids for the shortcomings or strengths of the parents? Is this God you speak would punish all children of criminals, regardless of who they themselves are? I hope not. But it sure looks like the premise of this version of Christianity you maintain.

Quote:
3- See #2 - He created the world perfect, but allowed sin to occur. Instead of wiping out everything and starting over, He allowed many to be joined to Christ by faith.
So this God of yours is simply playing games. After all, perfect world would have resulted in a world where He wouldn't be angry and unforgiving and resort to torture unless everybody followed a singular path that He apparently desires? Anger can't be anybody's hobby, or a way to derive pleasure, I hope. What do you think?

Old 08-31-2011, 12:57 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,164,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
The purpose is not for Him to have someone to love, and then He gets to feel our love in return. The purpose is to recieve worshippers, and we get Him in return...lol. Our worship of Yahua is a natural response of Him revealing Himself to us. He's that huge and majestic. He is our inheritance. He IS the reason of life. He is the joy. This all comes down to realizing who God is and how big He is. It has nothing to do with us.

Don't take me the wrong way, because His love for us is beyond our imagination. He proved it to us of course and we'll never comprehend what Yahushua went through to save us... because He loves us that much. We were accually His enemies. He loves His enemies that much, which is in itself mind blowing.

But it's not about us or our advancement. It's about worshipping God forever because He's worthy of that and He'll get it.
I'll tell you what... you can worship Him and I'll send Him all the Love that's in my heart and soul, which I have done by the way and you know what? He returned His Love to me immediately.. I think, nope, I know that I'm gonna get the better end of the deal.

Oh, and not to go too far off topic, I'll link a message about what Hell looks like. This should entice people to want to stay away from this place. First God, and everything else will follow.

Hell and the Duration of Punishment (http://tinyurl.com/3jak8lt - broken link)

Old 08-31-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I have found, in my experience with people, that as long as they believe Satan exists they will conveniently have an excuse for all their bad choices. "That ole devil got a'hold of me"..

We are imperfect beings who are very easily led into bad choices by imperfections such as greed, pride and lust..

Isn't it great that we also have the Spirit of God to help us overcome the sins of the flesh? That is (imo) who/ what we should focused on..
I don't agree with this at all. I never use this excuse and never have, because I detest evil ways and always have. I also don't know anyone who uses that excuse myself!

What are you saying then, is that the Bible is a load of trash and all of it's warnings are just designed to give us excuses to sin???

I think it's great to not think the adversary exists...and whatever works for you, I think you should continue believing it!!! Really!!

But there's an old saying that goes "Satan's greatest trick was convincing humanity that he doesn't exist" or something to that effect.

See...this is all New Age thinking to me. I can show you all kinds of evidence that these entities do exist...and there are as many as 11 dimensions (Each dimension containing all of the ones beneath it), and that this universe is just teeming with life on every level..and so how can we think that if the rest of it is also alive, which it is, that it's just all good and nothing contrary?

It also really seems to me, that for a Christian board...that no one is at all following the Bible. We may as well be on a New Age Theology board! lol!

I know from studying various disciplines, and studying Physics..that this one sided way of thinking simply isn't the way the Universe is designed.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:59 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,164,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Ok, thanks for explaining your view. I disagree with them though.
Love perseveres. Love does not give up and withdraw.
Love will not end up "slipping through our fingers".
There is no chance of that.
peace,
sparrow
Well, again, what I am referring to is God's Divine Love... which is separate and distinct from the Love that He has for each of us, because you're right, it will never go away. But His Divine Love will... sorry to say.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:00 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,133,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
An automatic theocracy with a single world wide religion. Yes, that has always been possible. but look at at the reaction if people even think any religion wants to do that.
Don't confuse religion with God.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:03 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Yes satan is alive and well and living in 100% of humanity...he's better known as our egoic/carnal nature...the one Jesus told us to OVERCOME...but not very many do.
Satan is not omnipresent.

He does not reside in believers. Lightness and darkness can not coexist.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
This seems odd; so God created Satan so people have the option of going to hell?
He created him so that there could be an eternal pattern of creation.
All souls have the chance to eventually learn and figure this out, however. Hell is not eternal.

The creation part is like working out where your muscles get sore, (which is like us incarnating here on earth to deal with these problems) but the muscles grow back stronger. Without the damage to the muscles, there is no further creation. It is the same with intelligence in the brain. Shamans go through a "traumatic experience" before they can resurrect and attain their beautiful enlightenment! GO look that one up, and learn from them!

People think that it pleases God to just create out of pure magic...but if that were the case...why even give us free will or ever have bad things ever happen to people in the entire history of the universe in forever? IF it were all so new agey...then everything would have always been just perfect, and always will be...but we see that there is in fact, a Spiritual Engine here at work.

Why did Christ have to tell us how to RESIST EVIL TO HAVE A TREASURE IN HEAVEN the way that I have also described it works?
Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 08-31-2011 at 05:08 PM.. Reason: They are answering the op and in line with the guidelines of this forum ..OK?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity