Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2011, 03:21 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No. I deliberately gave you that link without any comment from me, because if you aren't willing to take a look at it, then you aren't interested in learning. Only in debating.
I have already read those and many other Arminian doctrines on various subjects...I was one for 8 years...So, YOU tell me...I have already learned how Hawyaw knew....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Regeneration is being born again and refers to being given eternal life. No one can be saved until they first respond to the gospel message.
So, if one is born again...How can one reject the Gospel?...Regeneration is the start and what Hawyaw has started in one He will finish it...That is His promise...Faith is believing in something without seeing immeadiate results...If one does not believe that those results will occur, then one does not believe the Gospel and neither are they regenerated...And never have been...Regeneration allows one to believe and respond to a Call to come forth...

Old 11-21-2011, 04:43 AM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
So, if one is born again...How can one reject the Gospel?...Regeneration is the start and what Hawyaw has started in one He will finish it...That is His promise...Faith is believing in something without seeing immeadiate results...If one does not believe that those results will occur, then one does not believe the Gospel and neither are they regenerated...And never have been...Regeneration allows one to believe and respond to a Call to come forth...
Being born again is the result, not the cause, of believing the gospel. Faith precedes regeneration - being born again. This has all been explained before. I am not going to keep repeating myself.

You implied in post #131 that you used to believe this, but now don't. Fine. Believe what you want.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:33 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,277,185 times
Quote:
Regeneration is being born again and refers to being given eternal life. No one can be saved until they first respond to the gospel message.
Absolutely!!

Mike, I've been off the thread a while, and wanted to say thanks for your post about 1 Cor. 2:14. It was very helpful. We may disagree on some points but we agree that no one can be saved until they respond to the gospel message.

Katie

Old 11-21-2011, 05:41 AM

JAA

Your theory that regeneration precedes faith limits the power of God. You have the sinner so depraved and so dead, that God could not make a gospel that would reach him.

Katie

Old 11-21-2011, 07:35 AM

JAA

Please explain Romans 7:9.

How is it Paul was ALIVE, then died.

Katie

Old 11-21-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Being born again is the result, not the cause, of believing the gospel. Faith precedes regeneration - being born again. This has all been explained before. I am not going to keep repeating myself.
Lokk at John 3:3...What does it state?...It is impossible for the dead to know anything...It is impossible for the dead to hear and respond...Regeneration is bringing to life from the dead...The Gospel is spiritual, but we are carnal, the Gospel is spiritually decerned but we are unspiritual...John 3:3 states: Unless a man is born from above, he is unable to understand the Reign of Hawyaw.....

Quote:
You implied in post #131 that you used to believe this, but now don't. Fine. Believe what you want.
I simply found the Truth by going deeper into the Word...

Old 11-21-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
JAA

Please explain Romans 7:9.

How is it Paul was ALIVE, then died.

Katie
He was making a point that before the Law there was no sin...the Law brought sin...There is a lot of language in the Scriptures bespeak of reincarnation...Re-vived, re-generate,.etc...Implies that something was different at one time...So, If sin revived when was it last alive and when was he last alive then died to live again until sin was revived and he died?...Just a thought...

Old 11-21-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
He was making a point that before the Law there was no sin...the Law brought sin...There is a lot of language in the Scriptures bespeak of reincarnation...Re-vived, re-generate,.etc...Implies that something was different at one time...So, If sin revived when was it last alive and when was he last alive then died to live again until sin was revived and he died?...Just a thought...
I was asking JAA for his opinion.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:11 PM

698 posts, read 648,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Genuine faith is without hypocrisy.
And genuine faith is doing. If you believe that Jesus is your Lord and Master, why don’t you do what he says? You see that? Faith is doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity