Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 09:39 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,543,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
God gives repentance. If one does not repent it is just proof he was not chosen by God to believe in the first place and in fact cannot believe if not chosen in the first place.

Therefore God is responsible for who is and is not saved for the eons.
No, He is not. You are a fatalist who preaches no Hope for all humanity as Jesus did. A mans fate lay only with his choice after God calls.

REV 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that hears say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
REV 22:18 For I testify unto every man that hears the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:"

All are brought to a place of being able to repent but many do not.
"ROM 2:4 Or do you despise the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?
ROM 2:5 But after your hardness and impenitent heart you treasure up unto yourself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;"

MT 23:37 "O Jerusalum,Jerusalum You that kills the prophets, and stones them which are sent unto you, how often would I have gathered your children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and you would not!"

He did His part, but they rejected as do many today, both Jew and Gentle.
Yours is not the Gospel of Hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 09:46 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,700,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
No, He is not. You are a fatalist who preaches no Hope for all humanity as Jesus did. A mans fate lay only with his choice after God calls.

REV 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that hears say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
REV 22:18 For I testify unto every man that hears the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:"

All are brought to a place of being able to repent but many do not.
"ROM 2:4 Or do you despise the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?
ROM 2:5 But after your hardness and impenitent heart you treasure up unto yourself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;"

MT 23:37 "O Jerusalum,Jerusalum You that kills the prophets, and stones them which are sent unto you, how often would I have gathered your children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and you would not!"

He did His part, but they rejected as do many today, both Jew and Gentle.
Yours is not the Gospel of Hope.
Amen.... excellent post !!
I always discern that those who hold to this teaching are what you are saying.... "a fatalist who preaches no Hope for all humanity as Jesus did. A mans fate lay only with his choice after God calls."

Old 11-22-2011, 09:50 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
I can buy you a gift but if you reject it, then you will not have the benefits of that gift.
If you had to buy me a gift, then it wouldn't be free.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:17 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,543,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If you had to buy me a gift, then it wouldn't be free.
If I bought you a gift it would be free for you but not me. Jesus payed a hefty price even with His life.

It is written,
1COR 6:20 "For you are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's." To get our attention, He placed Himself in the hands of sinful man but returned mercy instead of final judgment for now. The meaning of the cross is that it is an open show of our evil nature pitted against His goodness by contrast. It gives Him the right to have the last Word forever and ever.

Old 11-23-2011, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
A poster made the following comment on another thread on this forum.

''Enjoyed the commentary, here is one of mine:

It appears that the death of Jesus was brought about through human volition, given the political and religious powers of the day. Although at the same time, Jesus was fully aware that his message and what he represented to the status quo, would ultimately lead to his own death. Thus, his life was an issue in setting the captives free from the established sects of the day. But his death was not divinely foreordained as a penal substitution, whereas, there is no greater love than to lay one's own life down for that of another, instead of drawing a sword. Many are fixated on Jesus' death, and will accept nothing but the blood of Jesus, as "they know not, what they do." Although, there is only ONE whose undeniable innocence (not an ordinary victim) was able to change the process of scapegoating (a slaughterhouse religion with a carnivorous diet). And it is a saving act of God; a victory over the powers of this world (men) and a defeat of death, reversing it through his Life and Resurrection. The cross may, indeed be, the centerpiece of the Christian religion, but it is not God's altar. Rather, it is the gospel which was/is/will end all bloodshed, not that of merely exchanging victims (bulls and goats for that of Christ as a substitution). It was a sacrifice to end all sacrificing. Let's not make it a prescription for suffering death, but ONE of LIFE. Through personal experience, the human race will learn how deadly and destructive their choices have been. Collectively, we still have not learned that lesson, but we will – that's a promise!''

Such a statement is nothing less than an attack on the gospel. It denies the primary reason for which Jesus Christ came into the world.
Quote:
If I bought you a gift it would be free for you but not me. Jesus payed a hefty price even with His life.

It is written,
1 COR 6:20 "For you are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."

To get our attention, He placed Himself in the hands of sinful man but returned mercy instead of final judgment for now. The meaning of the cross is that it is an open show of our evil nature pitted against His goodness by contrast. It gives Him the right to have the last Word forever and ever.
Truly, he paid the market price with his life!
However, that wasn't the issue of the original poster.

I just so happen to believe that he will ACCOMPLISH ALL that he was sent for,
but strongly disagree with
a false deity whose worship is marked by the propitiatory sacrifice of children by their own
parent.

Last edited by Jerwade; 11-23-2011 at 04:57 AM..

Old 11-23-2011, 08:07 AM

33,265 posts, read 26,470,212 times
Quote:

a false deity whose worship is marked by the propitiatory sacrifice of children by their own
parent.

What you are saying is that you disagree with what the Bible says. Is that correct?

Old 11-23-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:

parent.
Quote:
What you are saying is that you disagree with what the Bible says. Is that correct?
A deceptive, misleading, and false notion predicated on the sensationalism of punishment and rewards.
Therefore, let me ask you a question:
"Father, forgive them…" was it God’s will that we sacrifice Jesus for him?

I believe that Christ Jesus had a stake in the issue, that of his own death and his love for all humanity.
It was one of many reasons for my commentary.

Simply speaking, it’s not just Freedom of Religion that matters, it is Freedom from Religion; that great tower of human cruelty.

(BTW - You have never been, nor will you ever be, my teacher)

Last edited by Jerwade; 11-23-2011 at 08:59 PM..

Old 11-23-2011, 11:03 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,846 times
Yes, He was. This is why He knew when it was not yet "His time."

Old 11-23-2011, 11:33 PM

33,265 posts, read 26,470,212 times
Quote:
A deceptive, misleading, and false notion predicated on the sensationalism of punishment and rewards.
Therefore, let me ask you a question:
"Father, forgive them…" was it God’s will that we sacrifice Jesus for him?

I believe that Christ Jesus had a stake in the issue, that of his own death and his love for all humanity.
It was one of many reasons for my commentary.

Simply speaking, it’s not just Freedom of Religion that matters, it is Freedom from Religion; that great tower of human cruelty.

(BTW - You have never been, nor will you ever be, my teacher)
I asked you a question. Are you disagreeing that the Bible says that Jesus was delivered up by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God as a sacrifice for mans sins (Acts 2:23; Heb 10:10,12)?

Old 11-24-2011, 03:54 AM

Quote:
I asked you a question. Are you disagreeing that the Bible says that Jesus was delivered up by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God as a sacrifice for mans sins (Acts 2:23; Heb 10:10,12)?
Not entirely, for as I have said, "It was not to satisfy the demands of the Father, according to your warped sense of justice."
For the wages of sin is still death and you will die to self, either in this lifetime, or thereafter!

Keep in mind that for carries the connotation of, because of man’s sin.
Salvation is not found in any religion, but rather, in the truth, way and life of Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity