Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2011, 08:57 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,948,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Really .. "cannot" ... are saying that "With God all things are possible" is not true?
Revelation 2 (To the Church of Ephesus)
Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love.
Remember the height from which you have fallen!
Repent and do the things you did at first.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.
The word is a "lamp to my feet" and Jesus is the "light of the world" ...
Guess what happens Mike to the light (which comes from the lampstand) when the lampstand is removed by God ..... the people are in darkness. No one who is in the darkness is saved Mike.

There is a reason why OSAS \ Millennium has historically been considered heresy.
You may not be aware of how many of the same arguments you're making sound very much like the way a UR theologist presents their case.

You can be in darkness and still be saved, a persons spiritual path can be dark because they have lost their way, this does not mean that God comes in like a child trying to take back their toys and removes what he declares he has promised.

God has not promised that he will keep you from losing your way any more than he kept peter from sinking into the water, He was in darkness when he sank, but Jesus was always there, letting us learn throughout our journey. Peter was shown, even if he didn't believe it at the time, that Jesus can ALWAYS be trusted.

He has promised that despite our will to do our own thing, he will bring us all to meet the requirements of salvation.

The main problem with these kinds of doctrines is that they simply try to leverage people to think they have to believe the way the speaker is believing.

That is why some, even if they have touched upon the truth will still try to say certain believers were never saved in the first place. To say that you can screw up and God will forfeit his promise is just absurd and not scriptural at all.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:13 AM

33,245 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well done. We all know they will come back and say "I don't get it, you are not being clear", but all you can do is take the horse to the water. If they refuse to drink, it's their fault.
I think also, that many people reject grace because they want to feel that they are somehow worthy to be saved and that by doing works, they prove their worth to God. And they simply will not listen to what the word of God says. They feel that if they make an effort not to sin, (and a believer should make an effort not to sin, even though he will sin) then that in their thinking shows that they deserve to be saved. Pride and arrogance are involved in this attitude.

But Christ already paid for the sins of the world, and so the believer who willingly sins until the cows come home is still saved. Sin is not an issue in salvation since it was judged at the cross. Sin, having been judged at the cross means that the person who believes in Christ can be, and is forgiven of his sins (Acts 10:43; 26:18). And the sins that a person commits after he has been saved are forgiven when he simply names them to God as per 1 John 1:9. The sins of the believer only put him out of fellowship with God. He does not lose his salvation. Sin in the believers life simply puts him back under the control of his old sin nature as opposed to being under the control of the Holy Spirit. That is why the believer is commanded to be filled with the Spirit (Eph 5:18). The ONLY issue in eternal salvation is placing your trust in Christ alone. Once a person has done this he remains saved forever.

But many people will never get it that sin is not the issue in salvation. Yes, if a person dies never having received Christ as Savior then he dies in his sins, but since those sins were already judged at the cross, the unbeliever cannot be judged for them. Instead, the unbeliever is judged (condemned) on the basis of his works as per Revelation 20:11-15. In other words, the unbeliever never receives the imputation of God's own absolute perfect Righteousness, and so by default attempts to stand before God on the basis of his own imperfect relative righteousness and therefore he is eternally lost.

Once having received the perfect absolute Righteousness of God at the moment he trusts in Christ, the believer has God's imputed Righteousness forever. When the believer sins, God still sees HIS own Righteousness which He has imputed to the believer and therefore sees the sinning believer as Positionally Perfect. Experiental sanctification is another matter.

Having said that, the believer who sins and never names his sins to God as per 1 John 1:9 remains in a state of carnality which results in divine discipline. God disciplines the believer as a son. The believer's sins are handled as a family matter (Hebrews 12:5-13).

Old 11-30-2011, 09:36 AM

33,245 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Really .. "cannot" ... are saying that "With God all things are possible" is not true?
Revelation 2 (To the Church of Ephesus)
Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love.
Remember the height from which you have fallen!
Repent and do the things you did at first.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.
The word is a "lamp to my feet" and Jesus is the "light of the world" ...
Guess what happens Mike to the light (which comes from the lampstand) when the lampstand is removed by God ..... the people are in darkness. No one who is in the darkness is saved Mike.

There is a reason why OSAS \ Millennium has historically been considered heresy.
You may not be aware of how many of the same arguments you're making sound very much like the way a UR theologist presents their case.
Revelation 2:5 is simply saying that if the church at Ephesus did not return to it's original motivation of serving God out of love rather than just because it is right, then the light of her witness in Ephesus would be extinquished. It is not a reference to loss of salvation.

God cannot go back on His word. God has said that His gifts are irrevocable. That means that God cannot take them back. Eternal life is a free gift. It is received through faith alone. Once you have it you have it forever.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:45 AM

267 posts, read 297,198 times
Default still looking for a clear statement

Quote:
Which post did you read?

Yes, I know you can't comprehend, and that it the problem, and the reason there is no point in going over it again and again. I could explain it again, but you would simply come back to say you still don't get it.

See the bolded part? That is the other reason there is no point in talking to you. You claim I have said things I have not said.

You believe you can lose your salvation if you don't perform the right rituals, and works and comply to every command without fail, and 1 Cor 3:13 clearly says it is not the case. How can you sit there and pretend it has nothing so do with it?

Yes, I cannot comprehend you, nor your belief. You make obscure statements and unrelated scriptural references, and then refuse to answer questions. So, I continue to ask for clarifications.

Please make a clear reply if you can.

Once you have been baptized, repented from your sins, and declared your faith in Christ's saving grace, there is no need for future repentance, even if you stop believing in the Messianic Covenent in the future, because "once saved, always saved"?

Old 11-30-2011, 09:46 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,390,058 times
What about those people who accepted Jesus Christ alone through faith alone as their savior, even evangelized for and brought others to Christ, and later on reject Christ as their savior and die believing "Allah" was the one true God?

Old 11-30-2011, 09:46 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
I do have to say.... amen !!! And have thought the same with UR and OSAS theology, there really is not different, just worded differently !!
Actually one has nothing to do with the other.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:53 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,948,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
What about those people who accepted Jesus Christ alone through faith alone as their savior, even evangelized for and brought others to Christ, and later on reject Christ as their savior and die believing "Allah" was the one true God?
You raise a valid question, some have done that then declared themselves Atheists.

My opinion is that such people get beaten down by incorrect doctrine and end up thinking that the religious style that ended up not being fulfilling was all the Christian God is. So they find no reason to believe in a "Christian" style God. They are simply seeking truth after leaving mans doctrine they ended up seeing did them no good.

These people are not abandoned by God, ever, their journey just didn't work out like they was taught it would. God gives up on no one.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:54 AM

267 posts, read 297,198 times
Quote:
Moderator cut: delete
Usually, when people study the word, and mature in their faith, they learn the truth about works.

Do your believe repentance is "works"?

What is "works"?

Declaring your faith is "works"?

Renouncing your faith is "works"?

Old 11-30-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Having said that, the believer who sins and never names his sins to God as per 1 John 1:9 remains in a state of carnality which results in divine discipline. God disciplines the believer as a son. The believer's sins are handled as a family matter (Hebrews 12:5-13).
Yes, indeed. Such person grieves/suffocates the Holy Spirit in them and prevents it from working in his/her life. Spiritual growth stops until such person repents and gets back on the path.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWW1962 View Post
Yes, I cannot comprehend you, nor your belief. You make obscure statements and unrelated scriptural references, and then refuse to answer questions. So, I continue to ask for clarifications.

Please make a clear reply if you can.

Once you have been baptized, repented from your sins, and declared your faith in Christ's saving grace, there is no need for future repentance, even if you stop believing in the Messianic Covenent in the future, because "once saved, always saved"?
So, which post of mine did you re-read?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity