Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2011, 03:24 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Wouldn't use the word persuasion in terms of God.

He does stand at the door and knock, and people don't answer the door every day.

Some will never open the door. It is their choice.
So your saying that some can be lost forever without God ever at the very least trying to persuade them of His way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2011, 03:44 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
So your saying that some can be lost forever without God ever at the very least trying to persuade them of His way?
No, he said some don't open the door when God knocks.

"how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing."

Old 12-17-2011, 05:33 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Second death. It is a mercy that is allowed for the most evil heinous inhabitants of earth. Very few earn such a sad state.

They will no longer exist. They return to the love of God substance.

Anyone with the slightest desire to love will be spared, it just takes eons to be with your graduating class, or generation. Though some can come and help, it is a long, long, time.

Earth is the fastest place to grow, and pass your tests of love.

Old 12-17-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
What if death pushes one through the door? No one wants death but nonetheless they will experience it. The dead cant sin nor can they choose, right? So why do you think death is the end of salvation rather than the culmination of it. I think Jesus meant that you shouldnt have to die first to experience heaven...
Those without flesh can still sin. There are fallen angels, and demons. There are dead humans that spiritually fight against God.

Overcome sin, and death will back down. It is the last enemy to overcome.

Yes, we can be in heaven while on earth. It is a state of being, it is expansion.
It is a place, of being.

Old 12-17-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Unless you turn and become like children doesn't say that they will never turn and become like children. God' power to persuade and open eyes is greater than the blindness of mankind. God bless.

Isaiah 45:

There is none except Me.
22 “Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth;
For I am God, and there is no other.
23 “I have sworn by Myself,
The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness
And will not turn back,
That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.
24 “They will say of Me, ‘Only in the LORD are righteousness and strength.’
Men will come to Him,
And all who were angry at Him will be put to shame.
25 “In the LORD all the offspring of Israel
Will be justified and will glory.â€

All will be persuaded and God is not a liar God bless.
God truly is not a liar, but he doesn't choose for us, or it wouldn't be called a choice.

Old 12-17-2011, 06:14 PM

14,883 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Hi Modeerf, will anyone have a choice when all will one day confess Him and swear allegiance to Him, be subjected to Him? God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 12-17-2011 at 06:43 PM..

Old 12-17-2011, 06:17 PM

All will one day believe in Him, Finn. The handful of verses that I share are scriptures and cannot be dismissed. They are not misunderstood but present God's plan to restore all to Himself. Have you addressed them? God bless.

Old 12-17-2011, 06:25 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
All will one day believe in Him, Finn. The handful of verses that I share are scriptures and cannot be dismissed. They are not misunderstood but present God's plan to restore all to Himself. Have you addressed them? God bless.
You should not dismiss anything. Instead study them and ask yourself why your current understanding of them contradicts some 200 bible verses. Ask yourself why Jesus repeated to no end that only those who believe are saved. Why did He stress it? It was His core teaching, yet your understanding thows it out the door. Wanton disregard of the scriptures is a telltale sign of a false teaching, and you disregard the very core message Jesus brought us.

Old 12-17-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Youu should not dismiss anything. Instead study them and ask yourself why your current understanding of them contradicts some 200 bible verses.
Hi Finn, nothing that I have shared contradicts 200 Bible verses and my understanding does not contradict them.
Quote:

Ask yourself why Jesus repeated to no end that only those who believe are saved. Why did He stress it? It was His core teaching, yet your understanding thows it out the door. Wanton disregard of the scriptures is a telltale sign of a false teaching, and you disregard the very core message Jesus brought us

I have not disregarded anything that Jesus taught, Finn, but I have shared that eventually all will believe. Many will perish in this age and in the age to come, but eventually Jesus will subject all to Himself and all will believe. This is presented in the scriptures and the scriptural references have been shared. They do not contradict any of the teachings of Jesus. God bless.

Romans 8

18For I reckon that the sufferings of the present time [are] not worthy [to be compared] with the glory about to be revealed in us;
19for the earnest looking out of the creation doth expect the revelation of the sons of God;
20for to vanity was the creation made subject -- not of its will, but because of Him who did subject [it] -- in hope*,
21that also the creation itself shall be set free from the servitude of the corruption to the liberty of the glory of the children of God; 22for we have known that all the creation doth groan together, and doth travail in pain together till now.

*hope=elpis=expectation

"Our Lord Jesus Christ is the alpha and the omega of the entire will of God. He is the same yesterday, today and forever in His love toward mankind. He is God’s peace on earth and good will toward men. He who has been highly exalted in a name and nature above every nature, has promised, "I...will draw [Grk."drag"] all men unto me." Jn.12:32. "I make all things new." Rev.21:5. "And He said unto me, write: for these words are true and faithful." Rev.20:5. It is guaranteed in His word and in the irreversible sovereignty and nature of His redemptive will. The spirit of the word asks emphatically, "Who hath resisted His will?" Ro.9:19. "Who shall not fear Thee and glorify Thy Name?" Rev.15:4. Only the truth can answer back in joyous proclamation. Not one! No, not one! The purpose of His sovereign will cannot be frustrated."

G. Sigler

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 12-17-2011 at 07:26 PM..

Old 12-17-2011, 08:00 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Second death. It is a mercy that is allowed for the most evil heinous inhabitants of earth. Very few earn such a sad state.

They will no longer exist. They return to the love of God substance.

Anyone with the slightest desire to love will be spared, it just takes eons to be with your graduating class, or generation. Though some can come and help, it is a long, long, time.

Earth is the fastest place to grow, and pass your tests of love.
So don't you think that God should at least try to persuade them to be saved?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity