Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2012, 07:59 PM

303 posts, read 430,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
But speaking of defile

6Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Do you yet not see it brother, we are the temple of God, Gods temple is HOLY.

How can that which is Holy be created with sin in it?
If any man defile the temple of God...look up in the concordance the definition of man here...it also says:
1) whoever, whatever

Whatever defile the temple of God, him (1. this) shall God destroy.

God did blow his Spirit in man...so we know he dwells within us. But what is destroying his temple?
It is the sin in our heart...our stubborn stony heart. This is what is defiling the temple and this is what God will destroy.

Christ said:
Matthew 5:29
And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

What is causing the offense in us? It is our heart. Our heart is the member of our body causing the offense because this is where the sin lies. The very heart of man.
So here is what Christ said pluck it out and cast it from thee so that thy whole body will not be cast in hell.

And God does that very same thing...He plucks out our heart and cast it away.

Ezekiel 36:26
A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

This is why Paul said:

1 Corinthians 3:15 Right before he spoke about the temple of God.
If any man's( man could also be 1 whoever, whatever) work shall be burned he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

This goes in line perfectly with what was said before:
the man will be saved his works will be destroyed
the man will be saved his heart will be pluck out and destroyed.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 08:02 PM

303 posts, read 430,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
But each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed.then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.
James 1:14-15

Desire is not something outside of us. Think about this !!!!
That's my point Desire is not outside it is in the inward parts of man. It is within your heart.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:03 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cimaroon View Post
Did you not read my post..I explained the reason.

Do not eat of the tree. This is a command from God...A rule...A law. It's purpose was to show them that they were fashioned in sin and a being that was not God.

Remember why God gives us his commands/his laws...to show us our sin.

He wants to prove to us what is in our hearts....whether we would obey him or not...think it through!
Jesus Christ is who we really are. When we SEE him, we shall be like him, this is why we are admonished to LOOK to him the author and finisher of our faith. We fell from what we were, because of what we looked at. We shape our own lives by what we are looking upon.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:04 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
That's my point Desire is not outside it is in the inward parts of man. It is within your heart.
It was conceived there, by our own desire, not by God putting it there or tempting us into it.

14but each one is tempted when, by his OWN evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. 15Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death

Old 06-27-2012, 08:05 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.
Quote:
Who cares about your own heart, when you can know the heart of God. Knowing the heart of God is what changes the heart of man.
I like that quote, Judge P. Camps.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:07 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,391,988 times
Quote:
In Isa 48:7 it's "bara" in Hebrew and "ginomai" in the Septuagint. The Greek word here corresponds to the Hebrew word meaning to "create".

You missed my point storm, in the Septuagint it uses bothcreate and made, is create bara in the Septuagint ? Or is it ginomai?

Quote:
Your explanation did not agree with the text though.

Yes it does brother, as a matter of fact it is the only one that does.

Quote:
No, not really. If my Lexicon is correct, the Hebrew word "hāyāh" simply means to exist in that state of being.

1961 hayah { haw-yaw}

a primitive root [compare 1933]; TWOT - 491; v

AV - was, come to pass, came, has been, were happened, become, pertained, better for thee; 75

GK - 181 { hy<h]a,
}* & 2118 { hy:h;
1) to be, become, come to pass, exist, happen, fall out
1a) (Qal)
1a1) -----
1a1a) to happen, fall out, occur, take place, come about, come to pass
1a1b) to come about, come to pass
1a2) to come into being, become
1a2a) to arise, appear, come
1a2b) to become
1a2b1) to become
1a2b2) to become like
1a2b3) to be instituted, be established
1a3) to be
1a3a) to exist, be in existence
1a3b) to abide, remain, continue (with word of place or time)
1a3c) to stand, lie, be in, be at, be situated (with word of locality)
1a3d) to accompany, be with
1b) (Niphal)
1b1) to occur, come to pass, be done, be brought about
1b2) to be done, be finished, be gone
Enhanced Strong’s Lexicon, (Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.) 1995

All things considered BECAME looks to be the word it should have been translated into.

Quote:
It is properly translated though. God did not create the earth to remain in a formless state of voidness, but rather to be formed for habitation by man. The very thing Isa tells us in 45:18.

That is NOT what it says though storm, that is your spin on what you want it to say.

Look at it again.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Isa 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not without form, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD ; and there is none else.

And the earth was without tohuw, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Isa 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in tohuw, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD ; and there is none else

Quote:
Again, I don't think you're really seeing what the text is saying. God "created" it without form and void, but not in vain (or in void if you prefer). It was created formless and void out of nothing, not from or in something. I think this is what you might be missing here.

Sorry but you are the one not seeing it correctly brother.

And that you place not in vain or void if you prefer, shows me you are not seeing it clearly.

We are not talking about void, bohuw in the Hebrew we are talking about tohuw.

But if we were talking about bohuw/void mean empty

So if you read both sets of scripture again

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Isa 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not without form, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD ; and there is none else.

And the earth was without form and empty according to your understand, but Isaiah says God did not create it without form and empty, He created it to be inhabited.

So if God did not create it without form but to be inhabited, something must have happened to make it without form and empty.

Those scriptures simply cannot be reconciled unless WAS is translated BECAME

So maybe you can tell me how it is that God according to you made His Holy temple with sin indwelling? And if that which is Holy is full of sin then what can we say of a Holy God?

Old 06-27-2012, 08:09 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,938,910 times
Quote:
For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

Who cares about your own heart, when you can know the heart of God. Knowing the heart of God is what changes the heart of man
lol...you're the one that brought up the heart of man. Why do so if you don't really care? I'm simply saying man, according to scripture, does not truly know his own heart. That's why Jesus (the good Physician) performs the heart transplant for us.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:10 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
It was conceived there, by our own desire, not by God putting it there or tempting us into it.
This is truth.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Christ told us that the sin lies in our heart...it is what defiles our heart. Who created the inward parts.

God said he created the earth and everything in it....he created man and everything in him; including the heart.
yes and He created them good and Holy, we are the HOLY temple of God. Our heart became defiled upon disobedience.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Spent a few years studying - finally I took my books and stuck them in the drawer- a little voice said- The truth you have been looking for was always in your heart- search no more---Yes if Christ dropped out of heaven tomorrow...I would assume the first thing he would do is have you put the paper work away- and put those bibles in storage..Christianity is not a sport or hobby for religious intellectuals...it's a simplistic out look on human existence...be good- be like God.. We all know how to be good...that comes with the God given mind and heart. You are born with the divine within your core.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity