Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2012, 07:28 PM

303 posts, read 430,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Sin was conceived when Eve gazed upon it. The moment she gazed she ate and then she showed Adam what she was gazing on and he ate too. Throughout scripture it admonishes us to be careful what we look to, because, what we look upon we give birth to. So they were not created with sin, they conceived it.

Matt 28*but I -- I say to you, that every one who is looking on a woman to desire her, did already commit adultery with her in his heart.

We cannot conceive anything within us. God does ALL things! think about this:

Who gives intuition the the mind and understanding to the heart? is it not God.

Notice in Matt 28 it said he did already commit adultery with her in his heart. Who created man's heart...did you read what David said in Psalms 51...I was fashioned in iniquity...create in me a clean heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 07:30 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,383,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cimaroon View Post
Do you remember this:
God created the earth…the earth was without form.
Without form H8414 tohuw:

1) formlessness, confusion, unreality, emptiness
a) formlessness (of primeval earth)
1) nothingness, empty space
b) that which is empty or unreal (of idols) (fig)
c) wasteland, wilderness (of solitary places)
d) place of chaos
e) vanity

The earth had vanity within it….this is how God created it.

Genesis 2:7
And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
God formed (fashioned) man of the dust (dry earth, dust, powder, ashes, earth, ground, mortar, rubbish, debris mortar, ore earth) of the ground (ground, land, earth substance), and breathed into his nostrils the breath (Spirit) of life; and man became a living soul (soul, self, life, creature, person, appetite, mind, living being, desire, emotion, passion).

God fashioned man of the rubbish of the earth substance (vanity, formlessness, confusion, a place of chaos, wasteland etc.) and breathed into his nostrils his spirit and man became a living creature.

Now look at this verse

Romans 8:20
The creature was subjected to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope.

The living soul was subjected to vanity. Who subjected the creature to vanity?
Not willingly. This means that it was not by their own choice. Then whose choice was it?
But by reason of him. Who is him?
That hath subjected the same in hope. Who subjected us in hope?

It was God.

So the creature was subjected to vanity, not willingly but by reason of God who hath subjected the same creature in hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
But speaking of defile

6Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Do you yet not see it brother, we are the temple of God, Gods temple is HOLY.

How can that which is Holy be created with sin in it?
And the earth BECAME without form

Old 06-27-2012, 07:35 PM

303 posts, read 430,242 times
Quote:
Did I say anything about defile?

You asked how they sinned if God did not create sin in them.

I said by being decieved.
Christ told us that the sin lies in our heart...it is what defiles our heart. Who created the inward parts.

God said he created the earth and everything in it....he created man and everything in him; including the heart.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:38 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Did you not read my post..I explained the reason.

Do not eat of the tree. This is a command from God...A rule...A law. It's purpose was to show them that they were fashioned in sin and a being that was not God.

Remember why God gives us his commands/his laws...to show us our sin.

He wants to prove to us what is in our hearts....whether we would obey him or not...think it through!
He gave us a conscience to know what is in our hearts.

Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law.
They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.
Romans 2:14-15

Old 06-27-2012, 07:42 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,816,077 times
Spent a few years studying - finally I took my books and stuck them in the drawer- a little voice said- The truth you have been looking for was always in your heart- search no more---Yes if Christ dropped out of heaven tomorrow...I would assume the first thing he would do is have you put the paper work away- and put those bibles in storage..Christianity is not a sport or hobby for religious intellectuals...it's a simplistic out look on human existence...be good- be like God.. We all know how to be good...that comes with the God given mind and heart. You are born with the divine within your core.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:

Notice in Matt 28 it said he did already commit adultery with her in his heart. Who created man's heart...did you read what David said in Psalms 51...I was fashioned in iniquity...create in me a clean heart.
But each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed.then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.
James 1:14-15

Desire is not something outside of us. Think about this !!!!

Old 06-27-2012, 07:44 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwade View Post
Uncultivated, growth is a natural process.
Therefore, the tares grow up with the wheat.
Quote:
however the garden was cultivated and so was the man as the breath of life was breathed into him.
Truly, the tree of knowledge within the garden has been cultivated.
It comes from the minds of men, running to and fro, throughout the world.

As the Soul desires to rule over the Spirit.

Last edited by Jerwade; 06-27-2012 at 07:58 PM..

Old 06-27-2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:

We fashion our own hearts in iniquity by not guarding it.

Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. Proverbs 4:23

we demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

This ^^^^^^^ is how we guard our heart.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:47 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
He gave us a conscience to know what is in our hearts.

Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law.
They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.
Romans 2:14-15
I don't think anyone truly knows their own heart, their flesh, the natural man that lies within, though:

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Only Jesus truly knows our hearts.

1Ki 8:39 then hear Thou in heaven Thy dwelling place, and forgive and act and render to each according to all his ways, whose heart Thou knowest, for Thou alone dost know the hearts of all the sons of men,

Old 06-27-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
I don't think anyone truly knows their own heart, their flesh, the natural man that lies within, though:

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Only Jesus truly knows our hearts.

1Ki 8:39 then hear Thou in heaven Thy dwelling place, and forgive and act and render to each according to all his ways, whose heart Thou knowest, for Thou alone dost know the hearts of all the sons of men,
For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

Who cares about your own heart, when you can know the heart of God. Knowing the heart of God is what changes the heart of man
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity