Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 02:19 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is a mystery why so many Christians insist on believing that the "lost sheep" must find the shepherd . . . instead of the other way around. Christ comes to and finds the "lost sheep." They do not find Him.
Who were those lost sheep He came to find?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 06:55 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Who were those lost sheep He came to find?...
Richard whatever you label yourself or others with is irrelevant, whether its seeing yourself as a sheep or a beast .If you are lost( by lost I mean with no way of finding your way back), there is someone who can seek and find you.

I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring my salvation to the ends of the earth. Isaiah 49:6

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden( yes it can if you believe light is only for a select few)

Old 12-13-2012, 01:00 PM

63,826 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
You just negated your stance with this explanation, "...bringing him to a place where he could do nothing BUT SAY I BELIEVE and change in his life be the outcome." You inserted a "BUT" after "DO NOTHING" which negates the "NOTHING" of "DO NOTHING" and then you listed an action verb "SAY" which is man's response so you are admitting that man DOES DO something in the equation.
Man is not a robot. God gave him choices from the very start. Man still has a choice regarding his spiritual destiny. You admit it right here. Man has to respond to the salvation call to be saved.
Wrong. You are mixing up the two events. Our salvation has been achieved and Christ alone has done that. We need to take advantage of that and sanctify our life to maximize the benefit of our salvation and minimize any loss from sin. We are "saved as by fire" but our works are either wood, hay and straw . . . or gold, silver, etc.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:16 PM

33,253 posts, read 26,470,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Wrong. You are mixing up the two events. Our salvation has been achieved and Christ alone has done that. We need to take advantage of that and sanctify our life to maximize the benefit of our salvation and minimize any loss from sin. We are "saved as by fire" but our works are either wood, hay and straw . . . or gold, silver, etc.
To the contrary. While the work which makes salvation available to man was accomplished on the cross by Jesus Christ, salvation is not appropriated until a person responds to the gospel by placing his faith in Christ. The Bible says over and over again that no one is saved until they believe on Christ.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His uniquely born Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

John 3:36 "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

Acts 16:30 and after he brought them out, he said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" 31] They said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household."

Eph. 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;

Those are but four of many verses which explicitly state that one must believe on Christ in order to have eternal life. And only a dishonest person, only a false teacher will deny that and attempt to make those verses mean something other than what they mean.

Man has only two options: trust in the Son for eternal life, or reject the Son and remain under condemnation forever. Unbelief is willful disobedience to clear light. Only by believing, by trusting in Jesus Jesus Christ is a person saved.

Deny this as you will and be already proven wrong by the Scriptures!!! There is no valid argument to the contrary, but only deliberate and willful disregard for the truth.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Richard whatever you label yourself or others with is irrelevant, whether its seeing yourself as a sheep or a beast .If you are lost( by lost I mean with no way of finding your way back), there is someone who can seek and find you.

I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring my salvation to the ends of the earth. Isaiah 49:6

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden( yes it can if you believe light is only for a select few)
tThis is what Yeshua Himself said:

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:00 AM

Quote:
tThis is what Yeshua Himself said:

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
But scripture says this too

God is God of the the whole world, not just the lost sheep. You might want Him to be exclusively for Jewish Christians you have joined yourself to, but you can not contain God there, that old wineskin way of thinking is not of God.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:42 AM

Quote:
But scripture says this too

God is God of the the whole world, not just the lost sheep. You might want Him to be exclusively for Jewish Christians you have joined yourself to, but you can not contain God there, that old wineskin way of thinking is not of God.
So why did Yeshua state that?...

Old 12-14-2012, 04:44 AM

Quote:
So why did Yeshua state that?...
Jesus IS that. What greater statement do you need ?. Who else is the Light to the Gentiles ?.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:57 AM

398 posts, read 545,879 times
Quote:
Jesus IS that. What greater statement do you need ?. Who else is the Light to the Gentiles ?.
I always had the impression that we were suppose to be "lights" for each other. After all, "a man does not light a candle and place it under a basket. Rather he places it on a candlestick..." Just sayin"

Old 12-14-2012, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glad2bHere! View Post
I always had the impression that we were suppose to be "lights" for each other. After all, "a man does not light a candle and place it under a basket. Rather he places it on a candlestick..." Just sayin"
I agree ? . As He IS so ARE we in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity