Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2012, 06:33 PM

74 posts, read 143,744 times

Advertisements

Im not sure y mystics quote is in my last post... sorry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 06:39 PM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clickinmx View Post
Im not sure y mystics quote is in my last post... sorry
You can edit it out if you hurry.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:07 PM

33,251 posts, read 26,470,212 times
Quote:
I am sorry but i am not greek..

You dont have to answer this because it is off topic but it has to do with my point..
Would you get to heaven if your bible suddenly was no longer available?
Or can you connect with the same freguency christ did?
If you can connect then you will no longer be worried about one or two verses that dont see eye to eye.
It is off topic. I suggest you start a new thread.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:24 PM

74 posts, read 143,744 times
I would like to opolagize if i am a little blunt and rude.
My wife read my posts and is giving me a hard time.
English is my 2nd language and i find it a little hard to express myself.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:40 PM

33,251 posts, read 26,470,212 times
Quote:
I would like to opolagize if i am a little blunt and rude.
My wife read my posts and is giving me a hard time.
English is my 2nd language and i find it a little hard to express myself.
Think nothing of it.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:35 AM

698 posts, read 648,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No, Jesus did not correct them on it just as He did not correct Thomas when he called Jesus,' My Lord and my God' (John 20:28). Thomas' statement was a recognition of Jesus as God manifest in the flesh. And I have already shown on earlier posts that Jesus used the self designation 'I am' with reference to His deity. Jesus Christ's title 'The Son of God' is unique in that it refers to His deity. No one else is a son of God in the same way that Jesus Christ is the unique Son of God.

Obviously men in authority were sometimes referred to as 'god's. That is not the sense in which Jesus Christ is referred to.

You fail to understand the clear meaning of Scripture. You also refuse to acknowledge that it is God who created all that has come into being, and that apart from Jesus Christ, nothing has come into being all which has come into being as clearly stated in John 1:3.

And I have gone over the hypostatic union of Jesus Christ with you on another thread, and you just cannot, or refuse to understand that Jesus Christ is both God and man.
When you say Jesus is both God and man. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume you actually mean Jesus is both divine by nature and human by nature. If so, this statement refers to "what" Jesus is not "who" he is. Mike, Jesus having the deity/divine nature of 'God' does not make him 'God' in person or else by identity. In fact, the Scripture explicitly states that we too will share the divine nature of 'God' when we are resurrected. However, this does not make us 'God' anymore than it makes Jesus 'God'.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Old 11-19-2012, 02:55 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Trimac, did you read my last post to you on your own thread, >> In what sense did the 'persons' of the Trinity exist before the Incarnation? post #22?

John 1:1 tells us that the Word (the preexistant Jesus) was not only with God, but that He was God. That distinguishes Jesus Christ who is the Second Person of the Godhead, from the Father who is the First Person of the Godhead. Jesus Christ is not the Father.

Jesus Christ in His high priestly prayer recorded in John chapter 17, prayed to the Father that He might be glorified with the Father with same glory that He had had with the Father before the world was [in eternity past] See John 17:5. And so we see again that Jesus Christ [His human name] in eternity past was distinct from the Father.

The essense of God is not divisible. The essence of God consists of His attributes which are Sovereignty, Love, righteousness, justice, eternal life, omnipotence, omnipresence, omniscience, veracity (truth), and immutability. All three Persons of the Godhead possess these attributes which make up His essence or nature to an infinite degree.

God is said to be Spirit in John 4:24. Not Spirits.

John 4:24 "God (Theos; singular) is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

God is one Spirit and yet three persons, or three personalities, or three centers of consciousness. Those three Persons are of one essence. They are a United One. There is no concept of modualism here. God who is Spirit is one in His essence, but subsists as three Persons who each have their own will, but who are always in total agreement with each other.

Conversations between the Persons of the Godhead are recorded in Genesis 1:26, 3:22 and 11:7.

Gen. 1:26 Then God (Elohim; plural) said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

Gen. 3:22 Then the LORD (Yahweh) God (Elohim; plural) said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever "--

Gen. 11:7 "Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, so that they will not understand one another's speech."

It is God who created all that has come into being. God was not talking to the angels. This was God the Father speaking to the other Persons of the Godhead who are yet, One God.

There is an authority structure within the Godhead, which does not negate their equality. God the Father is the designer and author of the plan of creation and salvation. And each of the three Persons of the Godhead have their own roles within that plan.
I've heard this interpretation of 'Elohim.' Some think it refers to either another god or Jesus, but I think it was just 'poetic language.' It's just like how you might ask somebody, 'so how are we doing today?' when we really mean 'how are you doing?' But it's a possibility, of course. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the traditional view was that the angels were created just before humans, after the plants.etc? Or were they created before the earth?

Old 11-19-2012, 04:03 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I've heard this interpretation of 'Elohim.' Some think it refers to either another god or Jesus, but I think it was just 'poetic language.' It's just like how you might ask somebody, 'so how are we doing today?' when we really mean 'how are you doing?' But it's a possibility, of course. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the traditional view was that the angels were created just before humans, after the plants.etc? Or were they created before the earth?
Scripture doesn't say...At least not in Genesis...

Old 11-19-2012, 06:09 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,923,196 times
Mikes Problem with the Greek?? In many many cases the Greek does not contain the pronouns, he, she, they, etc, because the Greek verbs contain the information themselves. Its an inflected language, and has masculine, feminine, and neuter verbal forms of the same verb. This is what makes Greek hard. Greek verbs, to understand them have to be parsed in terms of gender, number, tense, mood, voice. Its very complicated. A simple word like "the" can be written 24 different ways, depending on its use in the sentence. You people who don't know Greek shouldn't really be discussing something that you have little or no knowledge of. Consult your pastor or someone who actually knows something.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:21 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,923,196 times
The Bible clearly establishes that Jesus is God and Man in one person.

The OT prophecies predicted as such.
Isa 9:6 For to us a child is born,to us a son is given,and the government will be on his shoulders.And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

John writes: Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

The angel Gabriel says to Mary:
Lk 1:35 The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

The Father from Heaven calls Jesus HIs Son: Lk 3:22 and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased."

And of course, there's plenty of other texts to testify that Jesus is God, the Son of God the second person of the Trinity. The whole of Christianity hangs on this. Anyone who rejects this is condemned. Its very simple. How do people make it so complicated? If you don't believe it fine, then go about your life and leave the rest of the Christian community alone. But unfortunately, too many do the work of Satan and try to destroy the faith of others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity