Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 02:35 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,201,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Do you have a box on your head also?
a what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 02:38 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,214,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Possibly. I do this for a living.

And that means what? It's funny how everyone thinks they're an expert in Theological issues because they do a bit of reading on the internet.

You know nothing about me. But right...I'm sure you're little miss open-minded.

Again...what do you mean by "In Christ"?
LOL....I guess my qualifications don't count because I didn't get my "learning" at a theological school??? I have more degrees in higher learning that you would ever hope to have in your lifetime...and what I've learned did not come from the internet...although, there is a wealth of fine information to be found there. You might try it sometime...it could be an eye opening experience for you and may help you to remove those blinders you're wearing.

Being "In Christ" is the awareness and realization of the "Christ" (the annointing) that resides within you. As Jesus taught...the Kingdom of God is found "WITHIN" you. Christianity teaches that the title "Christ" is the person of Jesus (like it's his last name) and that couldn't be the furthest thing from the truth. Jesus was a "Christ" (had an annointing) but everyone can also be a "Christ" as well, if they are willing to receive it...just as Jesus taught.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:42 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,133,088 times
X Follower, here is the truth:

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
a what?
^^^^^^^ I rest my case...LOL!!!!

Old 12-07-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
AMEN Lego!!!

Old 12-07-2012, 02:47 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,201,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
LOL....I guess my qualifications don't count because I didn't get my "learning" at a theological school??? I have more degrees in higher learning that you would ever hope to have in your lifetime...and what I've learned did not come from the internet...although, there is a wealth of fine information to be found there. You might try it sometime...it could be an eye opening experience for you and may help you to remove those blinders you're wearing.
You might be surprised, actually. I have more than just a seminary degree.

I've been studying apologetics and theology for 20 years. There is a ton of information on the internet, but not all of it is correct. Seminary training is good for the fact that we know that if it's a reputable seminary it's going to be solid.
Quote:

Being "In Christ" is the awareness and realization of the "Christ" (the annointing) that resides within you. As Jesus taught...the Kingdom of God is found "WITHIN" you. Christianity teaches that the title "Christ" is the person of Jesus (like it's his last name) and that couldn't be the furthest thing from the truth. Jesus was a "Christ" (had an annointing) but everyone can also be a "Christ" as well, if they are willing to receive it...just as Jesus taught.
You are correct, in that his title was "Christ". That's how you say "Messiah" in Greek. He was the Messiah--in that he was coming to save his people and set them free.

If you have a "Christ" in you....what are you setting free? What captives are you redeeming? That's what Jesus did. Being "In Christ" means that you have placed your trust in him--and you are free from the wrath of God.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
You might be surprised, actually. I have more than just a seminary degree.

I've been studying apologetics and theology for 20 years. There is a ton of information on the internet, but not all of it is correct. Seminary training is good for the fact that we know that if it's a reputable seminary it's going to be solid.

You are correct, in that his title was "Christ". That's how you say "Messiah" in Greek. He was the Messiah--in that he was coming to save his people and set them free.

If you have a "Christ" in you....what are you setting free? What captives are you redeeming? That's what Jesus did. Being "In Christ" means that you have placed your trust in him--and you are free from the wrath of God.
I suggest you do a thorough word study on the term Christ (which goes way deeper than the rendering of Messiah)...specifically the root of that Hebrew word. That should give you a better understanding of what I've written...but then again, perhaps not.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:22 PM

2,549 posts, read 3,982,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
LOL...so because you've been to a theological school, you think you are better qualified in spiritual matters than I am???

I've studied Ancient Religions, Ancient Comparative Religions, Ancient Origins of Religious Beliefs, Ancient Origins of the Bible, Ancient Archeology, Ancient Astrotheology, Ancient Syncretism in Religions, The Ugarit, The Sumerians, etc...and the list goes on and on and on and on....for the better part of 35 years. I think I can safely say that I am more than qualified.

The difference between me and you is this...I am open minded and will go where the evidence leads me...while you are still wearing your Christian blinders and aren't willing to accept any evidence that is contrary to what you've been taught at your theological school.
Ancient religions won't save you. Satan is an expert too. Nothing wrong with studying them. You're either "In Christ" or you're not. You believe or you don't. It's simple. Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Heb 11:1 It's faith not evidence. The scientific community looks for evidence only in a physical world we know of. They put their faith in evidence. Man judges by the externals of what they see. God looks at our heart. God is in a spiritual realm (not physical) that science cannot begin to comprehend. He is love. His love is unconditional. Man will fail us. We can be in Christ. Without Christ we are lost. Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior for those who believe..Amen!!

Old 12-07-2012, 04:47 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,217,313 times
Quote:
a what?
The Tefillin

Old 12-07-2012, 05:35 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,248,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post

Legoman.....

what does verse 15 and 20 say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity