Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2012, 04:12 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I said we are saved from the wrath of God.

Scripture, please. Jesus said that the default state is to be a child of the devil.

No..not really.

Thost that trust in Christ shall be made alive, yes. The rest are children of the devil.
No you said said the wrath of God, he's going to cast sinners in hell. In other words you are saved from being thrown in hell because of the wrath of God.

God in man is the theme of scripture,religious man has separated God and man in his thinking because he cannot see God in him, the bible believer included. He believes God gave him a bible, instead of being made alive to where God is, which is Christ in you.

A pharisee who asked Jesus when the kingdom would come?, Jesus told him it does not come with observation, for the kingdom of God is within you.

one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.

'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.

for even as in Adam all die, so also in the Christ all shall be made alive,....... Unfortunately for you the word "those" is not inserted into this scripture,

'

Last edited by pcamps; 12-09-2012 at 05:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 05:32 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,700,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
Islam loves, Buddhists love, Child molesters love, Hitler loved.....etc

Lets not be fooled. God is certainly love but its in Jesus Christ who we must believe in. He is the only way.

Loving Muhammad but rejecting Christ ends in death.

Loving the Dalai Lama but rejecting Christ ends in death.

Loving the world but rejecting Christ ends in death.
Yes, there are all kinds of teachings, understanding about love that end up being a lustful, self love ! As there are many false christ' out there claiming to be the true Christ and they use love to deceive..... as every human being born has that void that only God can fill.
It is well known that people want to be accepted and love and many fall for the lies of the deceiver's !!

Yet the child of God knows the love of God came in the sacrificed Life of Jesus Christ, who gave His life in exchange for our sinful life. That one may through repentances, walking by faith, believing God in whom opens the door of our hearts that we may be with the Father for all eternity !!

And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understanding so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life. (1John 5:20)

Jesus said,
“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.(John 14:6)

I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. (John 10:9)

15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world.
17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever. (John 2:15-17)

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 12-09-2012 at 05:49 AM.. Reason: to add scripture

Old 12-09-2012, 05:38 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,214,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
The ego of young souls and their dogma.

They'll figure it out eventually. Not in this lifetime, to be sure, but eventually.
There are many who are becoming AWARE and as time goes by more and more will finally wake up.

Matthew 37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

There are many who have eyes but cannot see and many who have ears but cannot hear...hence, why there are some 30,000+ denominations in Christianity. The above verse is the entire Gospel in a nutshell...it is what being IN CHRIST is all about. But, because they don't understand where they come from and who they actually are...they will continue in their confusion.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:42 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times
Quote:
and i will be completely baffled at your thinking.

<snip>

Your thinking is so very vague and clearly not biblical.

I think I gathered enough information.

When you say you’ve “gathered enough information”, I assume that means you don’t have a desire to try to understand what I’m saying. I have no problem with that … everyone has a limited amount of time to invest. But my thinking is not vague, and the reason you are baffled by it is because it is unfamiliar to you. You label my thinking “unbiblical” even though it’s simply that I have an understanding of the biblical message that is different from your own. From my perspective, I could as easily say the same thing about your thinking, so it’s a meaningless label to throw around.

I’m not sure why you still seem to be looking for discussion from me if you really have heard enough but I’ll still reply…

Quote:
People who openly reject any form of Godliness can still love. They have children, care for them and so forth. You can pretend that isn't true and that's fine. We are all created in Gods image.
I don’t really know what point you are trying to make here or what specifically I’ve said that you are taking issue with.

Quote:
You keep referring to Christ being in "us"... who is that? everyone? or just Christians?
Christ is in all people… “and the light in the darkness did shine, and the darkness did not perceive it” and “The true light … lightens every man.” Professing Christians do not have the corner market on Christ/God/Love in them, as evidenced by the fruit that is evidenced across the board by the people of all religions/non-religions.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:17 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,248,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No where close enough. You just think hell is the lake of fire.
well what is the lake of fire? or the second death? Whats the book of life?

Old 12-09-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Eventually we will all be one.

Funny, the other day it finally hit me what the saying means, "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin" -- I always kind of glossed over that and never gave it much thought. But I was thinking the other day about the law of polarity and how there could not be "this" if there was not "that" to contrast it -- i.e. no left would mean no right. No up - would mean down does not exist. Then I thought about how can we all be at the same place - spiritually - and I thought - we are not (yet), but the Word says we will all be ONE in Christ. So then how many angels can dance on the head of a pin? And what is heaven? Heaven is harmony and peace with no violence or opposition and no suffering. That is where we are headed. If we are not headed to that one place in Christ where all the opposes has been put under his feet, then life would have to be pointless, IMO.

Thanks for the conversation. Most posters here ignore my comments, so it's nice to have someone speak to me for a change.
I wouldn't ignore anyone..... except ridiculous trolls, even though i'd probably respond to them as well.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:23 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,618,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
The wrath of God. He's going to cast sinners into hell.
You are so sadly misguided. Fortunately, you'll come around eventually.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Yes, there are all kinds of teachings, understanding about love that end up being a lustful, self love ! As there are many false christ' out there claiming to be the true Christ and they use love to deceive..... as every human being born has that void that only God can fill.
It is well known that people want to be accepted and love and many fall for the lies of the deceiver's !!

Yet the child of God knows the love of God came in the sacrificed Life of Jesus Christ, who gave His life in exchange for our sinful life. That one may through repentances, walking by faith, believing God in whom opens the door of our hearts that we may be with the Father for all eternity !!

And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understanding so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life. (1John 5:20)

Jesus said,
“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.(John 14:6)

I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. (John 10:9)

15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world.
17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever. (John 2:15-17)
Interesting, i missed this.... the verse above proves my point.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
When you say you’ve “gathered enough information”, I assume that means you don’t have a desire to try to understand what I’m saying. I have no problem with that … everyone has a limited amount of time to invest. But my thinking is not vague, and the reason you are baffled by it is because it is unfamiliar to you. You label my thinking “unbiblical” even though it’s simply that I have an understanding of the biblical message that is different from your own. From my perspective, I could as easily say the same thing about your thinking, so it’s a meaningless label to throw around.

I’m not sure why you still seem to be looking for discussion from me if you really have heard enough but I’ll still reply…

I don’t really know what point you are trying to make here or what specifically I’ve said that you are taking issue with.

Christ is in all people… “and the light in the darkness did shine, and the darkness did not perceive it” and “The true light … lightens every man.” Professing Christians do not have the corner market on Christ/God/Love in them, as evidenced by the fruit that is evidenced across the board by the people of all religions/non-religions.
I gathered enough means you ignore all scripture that doesn't fit your thinking or you change its meaning to fit your thinking. I cant explain anything further to you. I guess you think everyone is going to heaven which is ridiculous but if that's what you want to believe go ahead.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:52 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times
Quote:
Quote:
Interesting, i missed this.... the verse above proves my point.
And what do you think is meant by "the love of the Father is not in him?" Because whatever you think it means, apply it to Christians as well, since they also have "the lust of the flesh and eyes and the pride of life" ... unless you think Christians no longer have a sinful human nature?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity