Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 09:32 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,248,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If you know what the word translated as "for"in English means in the original, display your knowledge for us all. You are free to continue to believe the misunderstanding of Christ's death that has been promoted by the church for its own ends.

God needs nothing from us, needed nothing from us, and required no horrendous torture and crucifixion from His Son. WE needed Christ to bring God's Holy Spirit into the human consciousness. WE are the ignorant, superstitious, barbaric savages who tortured and crucified Him for His message of Love. His death and rebirth as Spirit completed the cycle and made His Holy Spirit available to us all as the Comforter within our consciousness. The vengeful, eternally punishing God is a myth and a complete misunderstanding of our loving God created by ignorant human savages in their superstition and barbarity.
If you deny scripture there is no point arguing with you. You have your own belief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 04:12 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
If you deny scripture there is no point arguing with you. You have your own belief.
Since when have you been the last word on scripture FOX ?

Just because someone rejects your understanding of scripture does not mean they reject scripture.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:33 AM

376 posts, read 419,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Jesus Christ is the Love of God. You're going to be disappointed when you discover that when all is done, Love will be all there is. For Love is the completion of our being. When we see "Him" we shall be like him, God is Love. God can and does demonstrate love through all of His creation.
Mat 22
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:39 AM

398 posts, read 545,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post
Mat 22
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Just a quick word of thanks. I was starting to wonder if my idea of Christianity had changed somehow over the years. I'm very glad to see that it has not and that there are others who recognize Jesus message for what it was and not for what some folks try to make it to be. Looks like God sent me my daily blessing first thing this morning.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:42 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post
Mat 22
I agree, we have to love with every ounce of our being the very source of life(love, for God IS love) to love our neighbor as ourselves.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:44 AM

376 posts, read 419,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Sure Gandhi did not have Jesus as he would never forsake his Hindu belief, so the best that he could have done is to try to make Jesus a demigod with the other gods he believed ,....
Gandhi liked many aspects of Christianity. Especially the core message to love your neighbor.
He rejected Christianity as false because hell is the total opposite of that message.
Imo. he was far more Christian than many fundies with their frozen hearts.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:34 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Since when have you been the last word on scripture FOX ?

Just because someone rejects your understanding of scripture does not mean they reject scripture.
There are those who have eyes...but still cannot see and those who have ears...but still cannot hear. They will never accept a Source/God who is pure uncondtional agape love, until their blinders have been removed. Just saying...

Old 12-14-2012, 09:30 AM

20,442 posts, read 12,796,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
There are those who have eyes...but still cannot see and those who have ears...but still cannot hear. They will never accept a Source/God who is pure uncondtional agape love, until their blinders have been removed. Just saying...
Which group do you belong to?

Old 12-14-2012, 03:05 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Under what authority do you believe this?
It's called rational thinking and common sense.

Now answer this question: Can God die???

Old 12-14-2012, 03:19 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,796,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
It's called rational thinking and common sense.
Idaiah 55

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity