Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2012, 06:55 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times

Advertisements

One of the most astounding phrases in scripture is "There are violent men who try to take heaven by force".

In my heart and mind I truly believe that our human existence on earth was by original design meant to be a heaven not a hell and not a mixture of heaven and hell.

We all search for mystic miracles when in the mean time we are in the miracle and we are also the miracle.

Christ attempted to bridge the gap between the cosmic heaven and this earthly one but few really got the message. Love is the glue that keeps this thing together. Love is the only real power on earth. It is our life line to God and eternity. I could never understand hatred and how it is generated or what it's purpose is. It is a perversion of sorts. The only place for hatred is in the the world of germs and anti-bodies. Where one collective or a singularity must destroy the other to survive.

You would hope that humanity on a planetary scale is more than a collection of microbes who war it out individually or fight for survival on a collective level...apparently the message of Christ was that we are more than germs....but as the line says...there are violent germs in human form that attempt to control or destroy the other inhabiting germs...thus creating a hell on earth.

This business about getting your reward after death is the greatest lie ever perpetuated by mankind through religion...Christ was not a religion but a high state of mind. On the individual scale I have heard the most wicked and violent people mutter on their death beds...the phrase "I love you".....a bit late if you ask me. What was remarkable were the last words from the victims of the 9 11 disaster...almost all of them who could get a phone call out just before their deaths...they proclaimed one thing with their last breath....." I LOVE YOU"...

We are in heaven but humanity is in a state of rebellion against goodness and God...the war is still raging and those with quiet polite violence in their hearts hate...Those who was military war are indifferent...Those who are criminal and parasitic hold hate as a way of living- These are the ones who taint heaven...It is a form of insanity....In sanity literally means in Satan...the god of stupidity. Why fools attempt to take control of heaven on earth and destroy it is beyond logic.

Love maybe a genetic trait- some might not have the capacity to love. LOVE might just be the God gene. Those who teach their children to embrace and except hatred as a normal way of living are damning their own children to a hell on earth...and these types infect the collective with a virus that is of no good use or purpose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 07:09 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Open your hearts and be filled with the unconditional love and peace of God,if you don't you will continue to hold accountable the world,God unconditionally loves and is at peace with. Forgive what you see instead of condemning it.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:16 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,020,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Open your hearts and be filled with the unconditional love and peace of God,if you don't you will continue to hold accountable the world,God unconditionally loves and is at peace with. Forgive what you see instead of condemning it.
And by so doing, it's like holding God accountable as if he did not already open the way. It's hard, in fact impossible for the flesh to let go - that is why the Spirit does the letting.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:26 AM

20,442 posts, read 12,796,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Think very carefully about this...

If Jesus is God and God can't die...then there was NO DEATH. If there was NO DEATH, there was NO SUBSTITUTION.

Jesus was killed for his message, which was considered SEDITION by the Romans...nothing more, nothing less.

God clearly states in the OT...that the person who sins is the one who is punished and he also states that no man can redeem another. If you believe otherwise then your beliefs are in contradiction to what God already stated....thus, what God has said is CONTRADICTORY.
Jesus clearly states He came to give His life as a ransom for sinners. Paul says it like this:

Romans 3:24–25

24 We are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God’s righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:30 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times
I always enjoy your posts Oleg, whether I'm in complete agreement with them or not.

If we continue to see the world as divided into 2 kinds of people (good vs. evil) we will continue to experience this earth as hell. We aren't 2 different kinds of people: good/bad, saved/unsaved. We are all one Spirit but do not recognize this. That is why:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
the war is still raging

The physical wars we see raging are reflective of the war raging in our minds: Spirit vs. flesh. "Be transformed by the renewing of your minds."

aisi

Old 12-12-2012, 12:38 PM

376 posts, read 419,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'd love to see how you define that.

I'm a pastor. I've been to seminary. What is your theological training?
Satanist, Muslims, Buddhists, and may other pagans have theological training too.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:38 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,248,066 times
Moderator cut: delete
Originally Posted by MysticPhD
We all have to die, Vizio. Christ did not have to die when nor as horrendously as He did . . . except for the ignorance, barbarity and superstition of our ancestors.

That is what the phrase, "He died for our sins" actually means. He died "because of" our sins. The word translated as "for" actually means "because of."

Moderator cut: delete
. From the very beginning he was predestined to die exactly when he did. He died for all to save us from our sin and to erase our sin. People need to read their bibles.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 12-16-2012 at 01:08 PM.. Reason: calling out moderators ia against the tos..

Old 12-12-2012, 12:56 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,617,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
He died for all to save us from our sin and to erase our sin.
So, let me see if I've got this straight.

God takes on a physical body, and lives as a human. He then dies, and goes back to being a spiritual God? Since he is as he was, what did he sacrifice? Why was a meaningless death meaningful?

Old 12-12-2012, 03:33 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,542,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
So, let me see if I've got this straight.

God takes on a physical body, and lives as a human. He then dies, and goes back to being a spiritual God? Since he is as he was, what did he sacrifice? Why was a meaningless death meaningful?
He had real pain both physical and spiritual so as to be one with His own creation. Therefor He is advocate for those who suffer. He sent the Comforter to those who align with suffering for righteouness sake.

Jesus made the ultimate public show of how good God is even in the face of rejection and death. He made the public record clear for all time that man without Him is evil. He had to pay the ultimate sacrifice to prove it on the public record so that man is without excuse. He now has the last word both for salvation for those who repent or of final judge for those who want to stand arm and arm with those who rejected/cruxcified Him. In Gods economy, those who hate without good cause are murderers.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:56 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post
Satanist, Muslims, Buddhists, and may other pagans have theological training too.
Was she claiming to be any of those?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity