Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 03:26 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,132,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
Legoman.....

what does verse 15 and 20 say?
You think they contradict verse 7 & 8? (1 John 4)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2012, 03:27 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,248,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
You think they contradict verse 7 & 8? (1 John 4)
not answering my questions seems to be a trend in this thread.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Sorry, in my mind I did answer it but I realize some further explanation would be helpful. You are talking about "going to heaven". I can't think of a place in the scripture that uses that terminology. It speaks of entering the kingdom of heaven/God, and it further defines the the kingdom of God as righteousness, peace and joy in the Spirit. In other words, aisi, entering the kingdom of heaven is the state of mind we inhabit when we are experiencing Christ in us. Christ IS love. Therefore, when we are experiencing love, we have entered the kingdom of heaven.
So if I reject Christ and Love Allah will I go to heaven?

Its either yes or no.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:34 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times
Quote:
See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven.

In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?

He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.

My desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better.

But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself.

And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.

oh and this one....

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth

I know I know you don't believe. You have your own interpretation for those verses.
Well, apparently you have your own interpretation, too, because none of them says you're "going to heaven". What I'm wondering is what about this do you disagree with?:

Quote:
It speaks of entering the kingdom of heaven/God, and it further defines the the kingdom of God as righteousness, peace and joy in the Spirit. In other words, aisi, entering the kingdom of heaven is the state of mind we inhabit when we are experiencing Christ in us. Christ IS love. Therefore, when we are experiencing love, we have entered the kingdom of heaven.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
So if I reject Christ and Love Allah will I go to heaven?

Its either yes or no.

As I said: Since Christ IS love, the only way to reject Christ is by rejecting love.

And: aisi, entering the kingdom of heaven is the state of mind we inhabit when we are experiencing Christ in us. Christ IS love. Therefore, when we are experiencing love, we have entered the kingdom of heaven.

Put the two together and you will see that my answer is that if you are rejecting LOVE (Christ) then you are not experiencing the righteousness, joy and peace of the kingdom of heaven.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:43 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,617,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
just as we are ALL sons and daughters of God.
The ego of young souls and their dogma.

They'll figure it out eventually. Not in this lifetime, to be sure, but eventually.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:51 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Is that what it means to you?
It's irrelevant what it means to me. You're the one making the statement...so I'm asking you for clarification.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
It's irrelevant what it means to me. You're the one making the statement...so I'm asking you for clarification.
No, it's totally relevant want you think because YOU are the one that said "Christ who is love lives in us and that is what saves us" sounds like legalism to you. I have no idea why you would think that, so you're the one that would need to explain how you come up with that in order for me to understand where you're coming from.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
As I said: Since Christ IS love, the only way to reject Christ is by rejecting love.

And: aisi, entering the kingdom of heaven is the state of mind we inhabit when we are experiencing Christ in us. Christ IS love. Therefore, when we are experiencing love, we have entered the kingdom of heaven.

Put the two together and you will see that my answer is that if you are rejecting LOVE (Christ) then you are not experiencing the righteousness, joy and peace of the kingdom of heaven.

ok fair enough... care to explain the verse below? The entire forum eagerly awaits your response.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
ok fair enough... care to explain the verse below? The entire forum eagerly awaits your response.
To be honest, that comment (which comes off as snarkiness) doesn't give me a lot of incentive to continue this conversation with you.

If you'll give a genuine response to this post first, perhaps we can continue.

Quote:
What I'm wondering is what about this do you disagree with?:

Quote:
It speaks of entering the kingdom of heaven/God, and it further defines the the kingdom of God as righteousness, peace and joy in the Spirit. In other words, aisi, entering the kingdom of heaven is the state of mind we inhabit when we are experiencing Christ in us. Christ IS love. Therefore, when we are experiencing love, we have entered the kingdom of heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity