Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 01:05 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
A very valid inquiry, imo, Heartsong!

Jesus said that the Father is just like he is. So we can put our minds to rest. Jesus is the "express image of the Father."

Did you see Jesus throwing people into fires? No.

Did you see Jesus tormenting people? No.

Did you see Jesus not forgiving people? No.

Did you see Jesus not loving sinners? No.

The Father, therefore, is just the same as Jesus.

Blessings,
brian
No, but He did speak of these things. Matthew 25, Luke 12, Matthew 12, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 01:08 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Really, which ones, Finn. Do you have links handy to share? Or are you trying to say something else?
I have no idea which threads. You said you have expressed your views on this topic on other threads, but you are not saying which threads.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:
A very valid inquiry, imo, Heartsong!

Jesus said that the Father is just like he is. So we can put our minds to rest. Jesus is the "express image of the Father."
Very true, they are one and the same, and if you remember the flood and Sodom and Gomorrah etc, you will get some idea of what He is capable of when dealing with sin.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:19 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Very true, they are one and the same, and if you remember the flood and Sodom and Gomorrah etc, you will get some idea of what He is capable of when dealing with sin.
Jesus said it will be more tolerable for the people of Sodom and Gomorrah than Chorazin in the future. So they aren't eternally toasted.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:41 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
My joy in Christ is a pity party? Really? How can you possibly be angry about my joy in Christ?
Wow Heartsong. It seems that some of there Hell Fire and Brim Stone folks can find a reason to be angry about almost anything, if they are upset about another believer's joy in Christ!

Totally unbelievable!

Old 02-06-2013, 03:06 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
No, but He did speak of these things. Matthew 25, Luke 12, Matthew 12, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It might be also good to remember that the disciples suggested raining fire down on a certain city, and Jesus rebuked them for it. Notice: he didn't just say it was wrong, he rebuked them for it.

Does Jesus call down fire on people? I don't see it anywhere. And I have to believe Jesus' actions more than a story about Sodom and Gomorrah.

When you see Jesus, you see the Father. No doubt about it. I think that's why Jesus said, "fear not." He was saying, "don't worry. Things are going to be just fine." He laid all our fears to rest when he assured us that the Father is no different than he was. He is the Prince of Peace, the lowly and meek one. He comes to serve, not to be served.

Does that mean that he is "light on sin?" Not at all. It just means that he/God is just and fair, and not unreasonable with us.

Blessings,
brian

Old 02-06-2013, 03:14 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
It might be also good to remember that the disciples suggested raining fire down on a certain city, and Jesus rebuked them for it. Notice: he didn't just say it was wrong, he rebuked them for it.

Does Jesus call down fire on people? I don't see it anywhere. And I have to believe Jesus' actions more than a story about Sodom and Gomorrah.

When you see Jesus, you see the Father. No doubt about it. I think that's why Jesus said, "fear not." He was saying, "don't worry. Things are going to be just fine." He laid all our fears to rest when he assured us that the Father is no different than he was. He is the Prince of Peace, the lowly and meek one. He comes to serve, not to be served.

Does that mean that he is "light on sin?" Not at all. It just means that he/God is just and fair, and not unreasonable with us.

Blessings,
brian
I agree with you that Jesus and the Father are one. I also agree that believers are safe in the love of Christ.

However, I can't help but notice you glossed over the passages I listed.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:27 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Wow Heartsong. It seems that some of there Hell Fire and Brim Stone folks can find a reason to be angry about almost anything, if they are upset about another believer's joy in Christ!

Totally unbelievable!
The pity party comment was about that person complaining (post #2) because no one was answering the original question in the OP - not about anyone's joy in Christ.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
I don't think you are comprehending the context in Luke 9.

Quote:
Does He? He did call fire on Sodom and Gomorrah. The New Testament teaches sinners are storing up wrath for the day of judgment, so there will not be fire raining down on earth like there was in Sodom, but the wrath people store up will be counted against them in the day of judgment.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

Totally unbelievable!
LOL, did you read the post whe was replying to? There is nothing about joy in Christ, so her reply was a complete strawman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity