Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 01:24 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,201,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Some of my friends had them at their party and Im going to a couple of bachelor party's soon and I know for sure there will have strippers there and mostly everyone there are Christians as well.

Strippers don't do anything for me as it is looking at and throwing money away at a random stranger to shake it, so what are others thoughts on Christians having a stripper at their Bachelor/Bachelorette Party?

Me personally, I will not have any at mines when I have one.
Yes. It is wrong. Lusting after a woman in your heart is the same as adultery as far as God is concerned. That would include ogling a woman at a bachelor's party. You say it doesn't do anything for you....ok....but by being there you may be causing your brother to stumble by emboldening them to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 02:39 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
Why in the world would a Christian have a stripper at a party?

Old 05-10-2013, 02:48 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Old 05-10-2013, 03:57 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,380,811 times
I would go to your friends partys if only to be there for them since it would probably mean alot for you to be there unless you think you might do something stupid lol.

Regarding whether it is always wrong for Christians to have them at such a party this is one of those issues where my Conservative Christian side buts heads with my Liberal Christian side. My Liberal Christian side points out that Jesus' teaching in Matthew 5:28 was most likely about coveting (in an obsessive way perhaps even to the point of theft) your neighors wife since the word for woman and wife in the same in Greek and the the context is Adultery which was a very specific offense back then. Therefore, appreciating an unmarried womens sexuality wouldn't necessarily be wrong since God made us sexual beings and its only bad if its unloving...

My Conservative Christian side thinks there is something more to his teaching as far as certain thoughts leading to bad or dangerous behaviors and setting a bad example for others. The conservative theologian in me says maybe Jesus was setting an impossible standard or lust so we would all be guilty and need a savior, but considering how we reproduce in nature and it was God's design, this just seems a little far fetched to me these days. Overall, I likely wouldn't recommend that Christians do this sort of thing and I wouldn't do it at my own party...unless MAYBE if it was my future wifes idea lol . That being said, I'm still slow to judge those who do.

Last edited by Jrhockney; 05-10-2013 at 04:06 PM..

Old 05-10-2013, 04:14 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,998,411 times
Quote:
Isn't it custom in certain Western societies (?) for bachelors and bachelorettes to have strippers at their party? Something to do with getting the last glimpse of freedom or something? I've never paid much attention to cultural norms....

Old 05-10-2013, 04:25 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,024,985 times
Basically you should ask Jesus if you should pass on this one , as it would a clear irreverence of Holy Spirit for Christians anointed in Christ to attend ,.........As it would attract demons to be sure which could be pest for the unrepentant , as male strippers and female strippers plus booze on the side sounds like a no go

Old 05-10-2013, 04:41 PM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Theres about as many types of Christians out there as there are boats in the Ocean and not one of them worships or even believes in Jesus in the exact same way. Do what you feel is right, thats what counts. And give them a good tip if they do a good job!

Old 05-10-2013, 06:08 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
I came naked into this world and will leave fully clothed.
But don't look in the meantime; bathing suits are optional.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:12 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I came naked into this world and will leave fully clothed.
But don't look in the meantime; bathing suits are optional.
Don't look Ethel

Old 05-10-2013, 06:29 PM

670 posts, read 815,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Im there for the bachelor party, it is his friend that decided there will likely be a stripper. I have said many times I wouldn't get one if I had a party because I dont believe a Christian should have them at those and I was told to lighten up or that I was a uptight Christian for saying that.
What you are encountering is peer pressure, you have two choices:

1: Don't give into it, but do what god wants, in this case that would be to leave when the stripper is their, attending the party is fine but what you chose to do at the party could result in sin, if you are trying to live a life centered around biblical teachings then do your best to avoid sin, but when you make mistakes admit to them.
2: You could give into peer pressure, God will still love you but it will be a sin, god is slow to anger but will easily forgive as long as you try your hardest to do good.

Our lives are filled with temptations brought on by possible choices we could make and we do not have to give into those temptations, you can rise above it, you can make a willful choice not to sin. But keep in mind that we should not look down on others who do sin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity