Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2013, 08:10 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,390,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The Bible repeats is 200 times, and you ignore is 200 times.

Congratulations BTW. You have managed to derail the thread. Now people are just repeating old UR talking points.
whose ignoring? I gave the scripture and Mathew added to it, if he did not then let hi9m defend himself, but I think he know he did so has not said anything about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 08:11 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,970,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
2nd Pet 3:9 says "not desiring that any should perish". You assume that "perish" means "be annihilated", right? The word translated as "perish" is appolymi and it is the same word used in this passage:
"For the son of man is come to seek and to save that which was LOST (appolymi)."
Do you also read annihilation into that verse as well? Did the son of man come to save those who were annihilated?
As long as you believe that what people are being saved from is annihilation, you will have to ask that question.
Greek Interlinear has the Greek word for destroyed or to be destroyed at verse 9.

However, at Psalm 92 v 7 destroyed forever is as in annihilation.

Who ' remains ' at Proverbs 2 vs 21,22 ?______

Old 12-28-2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Please post the verses you have in mind. Thanks

What happens to those who do Not repent according to 2nd Peter 3 v 9 ?_______
I am not home at the moment so do not have my bible software handy, but if memory holds you will find it in the last chapter of Rev.

They go into judgement. What is the purpose of God judgments?

Old 12-28-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post

Every tongue will bow and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.
No one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Ghost, and confession is made unto salvation.
And if you look up the word used for bow it is ALWAYS used in worship.
Yes, every tongue that is alive [ Revelation 20 vs 8,9; 21 v 8 ] at the end of Jesus' millennium-long judgment day.

Old 12-28-2013, 08:15 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Look unto me ALL the ends of the earth and be ye SAVED
"Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.

How are you saved? By turning to God.

Old 12-28-2013, 08:21 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times
Quote:
Greek Interlinear has the Greek word for destroyed or to be destroyed at verse 9.

However, at Psalm 92 v 7 destroyed forever is as in annihilation.

Who ' remains ' at Proverbs 2 vs 21,22 ?______

Yes, destroyed, lost, perish. The point is that it is the same word as in this passage:

"For the son of man is come to seek and to save that which was LOST (appolymi)." (Lk 19:10)

Do you read annihilation into that verse as well? Did the son of man come to save those who were annihilated?

As far as Ps. 92 ... I believe that the OT most often needs to be read as metaphorical. To me, "the wicked" refers to the old man within each of us. That is what is being destroyed. And the upright in Prov 2 is, of course, the New Man, the Christ, that is being, or will be, raised within us.

Old 12-28-2013, 08:24 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
"Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.

How are you saved? By turning to God.
Therefore, behold, I will this once cause them to know, I will cause them to know mine hand and my might; and they shall know that my name is The LORD.

Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness, and forbearance, and long-suffering; not knowing that the >>>>>>>>>>goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?( not your spontaneous choice to believe in Jesus)

If I be lifted up i will draw all men unto me

I drew them with gentle cords, With bands of love,

Old 12-28-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
I am not home at the moment so do not have my bible software handy, but if memory holds you will find it in the last chapter of Rev.
They go into judgement. What is the purpose of God judgments?
Wouldn't judgment be personal accountability ?_____ Judgment then is, or may or may not be, condemnatory.
Condemnatory judgment's purpose is the utter loss of one's life.- 2nd Peter 3 v 7 B; John 3 vs 15,18
Condemnatory would be executional judgment.- Isaiah 11 vs 3,4; Rev. 19 vs 11,15
Condemnatory judgement passed on Satan.- Hebrews 2 v 14 B; Rev. 21 v 8

Old 12-28-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Jesus atonement or ransom covers MANY according to Matthew 20 v 28.

Please keep in mind the majority of mankind never had the opportunity to put faith in Jesus [ John 3 v 13 ]

They will have that future opportunity [ Acts 24 v 15 ] when they are resurrected back to healthy physical life on earth during Jesus' 1000-year reign over earth. Only those who have already put faith in Jesus can be part of the first or earlier resurrection to Heaven. - Revelation 20 v 6; 5 vs 9,10; 2 v 10

it is not only for our sins but the sins of the world, again I do not have access to my bible software so you will have to look it up unless someone else knows the verse I am speaking of. if not I will give you the verse when I get home in the am.

We agree in part on your last statement, however you just admitted that some people who have died without confessing Jesus chrsit as Lord will get the chance to do so at a later date. So what happened to the belief that we must confess Christ in this life?

Old 12-28-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Yes, every tongue that is alive [ Revelation 20 vs 8,9; 21 v 8 ] at the end of Jesus' millennium-long judgment day.
There you go adding to scripture again, where does it say everyone that is alive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity