Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2009, 09:37 AM

112 posts, read 173,022 times

Advertisements

[quote=deerdog;8461113]I have heard and have really payed attention at baptisms of other churches and there has never been the words I now baptized you for the remission of sins. Only the CofC i was a member of. Romans 6:4 never states that we contact Jesus blood through the baptism. I have read read and read and that verse states "We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father we too may live a new life". Does not say we contact it through baptism im sorry I just dont see that. We contact his blood in a spirtatual way by believing. "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin." (1 John 1:7)
How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God! (Heb 9:14)
Ephesians 2:8–9 (NIV)
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Romans 10:9–10 (NIV)
9 That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Titus 3:5 (NIV)
5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,

1 Corinthians 15:1–2(NIV)
Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.
[LEFT]
[/LEFT]

Great post and wonderful scripture that tell us what we must do to be saved

God Bless

Old 04-22-2009, 09:40 AM

112 posts, read 173,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
You're welcome Kyss. All we can do is present scripture, we can't make you believe it.

Oh! I believe that is why I am a born again Christian living for God every day, I was also baptized but not for salvation, I was already saved when I went under and came up shouting....Praise God

Old 04-22-2009, 09:56 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,350,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerdog View Post
Mark 16:16
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Very good verse and that should also make you understand that believeth is the most important thing to being saved it doesnt say he that baptizth no shall be damned but he that believeth. So what truly is the most important part of is believeth on him
John 3:18
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

If one doesn't believe, they're condemned already and would not even think about baptism, so it doesn't have to be said, "but he that believeth not and is baptized not shall be damned."

The verse still flat out says, he who believes AND is baptized shall be saved.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KySS View Post
Oh! I believe that is why I am a born again Christian living for God every day, I was also baptized but not for salvation, I was already saved when I went under and came up shouting....Praise God
So why were you baptized? What was it for?

Old 04-22-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Great post and wonderful scripture that tell us what we must do to be saved

God Bless
Keep turning that blind eye to the verses that speak of being baptized to be saved and/or have our sins forgiven! God bless!

Old 04-22-2009, 10:31 AM

241 posts, read 379,230 times
Quote:
That is the sad part and sounds very conceded to believe you are the only belief that will be in heaven the bible teaches different....Jesus says "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and ye shall be saved"
I'm very sorry you feel that way. But when I say ONLY, it's referred to those who do exactly what God says and remain faithful until the end. When you say "believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and ye shall be saved," does not mean you just believe and that's it. Your belief causes you to do something. You don't just sit there and do nothing. Abraham had faith, but his faith caused him to do something (James 2:14-26). Mk. 16:15-16 - he that "believeth AND IS BAPTIZED shall be saved". You can't take out what God has put in.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:40 AM

241 posts, read 379,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerdog View Post
Mark 16:16
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Very good verse and that should also make you understand that believeth is the most important thing to being saved it doesnt say he that baptizth no shall be damned but he that believeth. So what truly is the most important part of is believeth on him
Believeth is no more important than any other commandment God has given. They all work together in unison. You can't separate them (Rev.22:18-19). There is no need to baptize a person who does not believe. That is why Jesus said that person shall be damned. Believing is the starting point and leads one to salvation when it is combined with all the other commandments God gave.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:59 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,346,950 times
Default to answer deer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
The one thing your post proves is that you do not listen to what is said, only what you want to believe. And just because you have never heard "I baptize you for remission of sins" except in a COC does not mean no other churches do it. REread Acts 2:38.

Let me ask you this. Naaman was told to dip in the Jordan 7 times to be cleansed. He thought it was ridiculous, but was he cleansed before he did so? No. Because you have to do what God tells you to, no matter if you understand it or not. God is clear baptism is how you come into contact with Christ's blood (you never show scripture to back your beliefs up), baptism is how you receive remission of sins, it's how you call on the name of the Lord, etc.

You can say it all you want. Show scripture to back it up. Where does it say anywhere in the NT that you have to ask God for forgiveness of your sins and you're saved?

There you go again. You don't listen to what we say, because your heart is so hardened against us. We have all told you we don't believe water saves us. We believe baptism is what brings you into contact with Jesus' death, His shed blood. Why do we believe that? Because God said so. Romans 6:4

Why are you so afraid of dissecting my post on baptism and telling me what you believe each verse is saying?
please, remember that if belief is the only thing that predicates our salvation, then ponder this, honestly? the devils believe and tremble...are they saved? lucifer believed in the authority of god and in his supreme position in creation---we know where lucifer ended up, even though he believed in the maker of the universe---though, not exactly on point, this is worth pondering, if you want to consider the belief only position...what about the centurion...a good man, a giver of alms, a believer...yet the bible, which lists these traits, says that peter was sent to the centurion and his house (family) in order to preach the way to him and complete his journey into christianity...they all were taught and baptized...he and his house. what about pricilla and agrippa...good believing folk; however, they sitll needed more than faith and goodness. throughout history many have believed---that has never identified them as being a christian. study this subject a little more. with an open mind, i believe that you will be able to solve your delimma.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:05 PM

341 posts, read 688,940 times
Quote:
Is that the best come back you have????
Thiefs normally do not follow the teachings of God nor the bible,
If a thief believes is he saved?

Old 04-22-2009, 02:15 PM

341 posts, read 688,940 times
deerdog, why is it that you seem to know your scripture well and I admire that. I don't understand why you will quote many scriptures on how to be saved and continually leave out acts 2:38.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity