Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2009, 12:01 AM

305 posts, read 1,004,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
I too dislike that. Very much. And it really isn't about the instruments. It's about the whole atmosphere, the attitude and the focus.

There's a church near ours where they sometimes have the light show. The pastor (a friend of mine) has had arguments with the worship leader because the worship leader sometimes wants to use dry ice to "create the mood."

I'm dumbfounded. Thanks, but no thanks!

I have been a member of two megachurches, It all depends on the focus and heart of the pastor, why do I say this because megachurches have there place in the kingdom, just as well as non megachurches, for one, megachurches have more financial resources to push forth the ministry and usher the people to the knowledge of God. Second, megachurches in a way have to be able to relate to the masses of people they are trying to reach with the message of Our Lord and Savior, remember we all are not on the level in God, so what might not be important to you or me maybe necessary to reach another baby in Christ. This is not to say, all megachurches are this way, but the two I have attended are, each has a heart for God and his people, and we normal do what is necessary to reach the people of God, with a sincere heart. In fact I often say now I have a pastor at my home church in NY and a Bishop with my home church here in ATL, they both are my home, and both of these ministries have poured into my life tremendously, I am honor that God has placed me in these ministries

Old 05-18-2009, 05:47 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMISSNY View Post
I have been a member of two megachurches, It all depends on the focus and heart of the pastor, why do I say this because megachurches have there place in the kingdom, just as well as non megachurches, for one, megachurches have more financial resources to push forth the ministry and usher the people to the knowledge of God. Second, megachurches in a way have to be able to relate to the masses of people they are trying to reach with the message of Our Lord and Savior, remember we all are not on the level in God, so what might not be important to you or me maybe necessary to reach another baby in Christ. This is not to say, all megachurches are this way, but the two I have attended are, each has a heart for God and his people, and we normal do what is necessary to reach the people of God, with a sincere heart. In fact I often say now I have a pastor at my home church in NY and a Bishop with my home church here in ATL, they both are my home, and both of these ministries have poured into my life tremendously, I am honor that God has placed me in these ministries
I'm very happy to hear that.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:46 PM

112 posts, read 173,076 times
This thread has been the same thing over and over, This is why I do not claim to be Baptist, Pentecostal, COG, COC, Catholic, Presbyterian or any of the man made religions. None of these will be recognized when we arrive in heaven, only wonderful humble born again Christians who have been washed in the blood of the lamb and have walked in the steps of Jesus Christ. My opinion you don't have to worry if this is right or is this wrong if you belong the Jesus Christ the Holy Spirit will be your spiritual guide and will convict you when you even come close to getting off track. Trust God, He has your best interest at heart. Know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are packed up and ready to go, because Jesus is coming soon..."It may be tonight"....

May God Bless Everyone

Old 05-24-2009, 03:48 PM

112 posts, read 173,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i love north carolina View Post
absolutely. Romans 10:9-10 "for if you confess with your mouth that jesus is lord and believe in your heart that god raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with god and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved".

Baptism not needed.

amen and amen

Old 05-24-2009, 05:18 PM

341 posts, read 689,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KySS View Post
This thread has been the same thing over and over, This is why I do not claim to be Baptist, Pentecostal, COG, COC, Catholic, Presbyterian or any of the man made religions. None of these will be recognized when we arrive in heaven, only wonderful humble born again Christians who have been washed in the blood of the lamb and have walked in the steps of Jesus Christ. My opinion you don't have to worry if this is right or is this wrong if you belong the Jesus Christ the Holy Spirit will be your spiritual guide and will convict you when you even come close to getting off track. Trust God, He has your best interest at heart. Know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are packed up and ready to go, because Jesus is coming soon..."It may be tonight"....

May God Bless Everyone
The Church of Christ is not a denomination. We account to no one but God. The churches of Christ salute you. rom 16:16

Old 05-24-2009, 07:01 PM

241 posts, read 379,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KySS View Post
amen and amen
Baptism is very much needed. The problem with people going to Rom. 10:13 is that they stop at that scripture and don't apply the others. You must include the other scriptures that follow. The word of God must be rightly divided. You can't pick out certain scriptures. You must get the context of those scriptures.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:38 PM

309 posts, read 512,072 times
Quote:
Baptism is very much needed.
Very correct needed not required.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:17 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,351,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerdog View Post
Very correct needed not required.
Same thing.

need (nd) KEY

NOUN:
  1. A condition or situation in which something is required or wanted: crops in need of water; a need for affection.
  2. Something required or wanted; a requisite: "Those of us who led the charge for these women's issues ... shared a common vision in the needs of women" (Olympia Snowe).
  3. Necessity; obligation: There is no need for you to go.
  4. A condition of poverty or misfortune: The family is in dire need.
VERB:
need·edneed·ingneeds

VERB:
aux.
To be under the necessity of or the obligation to: They need not come

VERB:

tr.
To have need of; require: The family needs money. See Synonyms at lack.

VERB:

intr.
  1. To be in need or want.
  2. To be necessary.

re·quired [/SIZE] (r-kwrd) KEY

ADJECTIVE:
  1. Needed; essential: missing several required parts.
  2. Obligatory: required reading.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:26 PM

309 posts, read 512,072 times
Thank You for the dictionary version of what needed means but I am a teacher so I kinda know what I was typing when I typed it. I am also smart enough to know you was in a round about way trying to prove your baptism is essential belief. Have a Great Night.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:28 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,351,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerdog View Post
Thank You for the dictionary version of what needed means but I am a teacher so I kinda know what I was typing when I typed it. I am also smart enough to know you was in a round about way trying to prove your baptism is essential belief. Have a Great Night.
Well, I really would hope you would know that I would be trying to prove baptism is essential, since you've read enough of my posts. No round about way about it. You know as well as most others on here I believe it is essential, needed, required, whatever.

If you're a teacher, then you know need and require are the same thing. You're the one who tried to make them different.

Goodnight deerdog. Sweet dreams to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity