Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2014, 07:11 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
When they follow Christ they ARE following the Living Word of God. Clearly you have not been paying attention. It has been made very clear and unambiguous in numerous posts . . . including those above!
Nothing you say is clear. When you are asked a direct question you dance around it. You claim to be a Christian but I have pointed out numerous times where you have been 100% factually wrong about things you have said. The issue is, it contradicts your idea of being a Christian. It's either you are prone to human error, which is why you say things that are not true or you believe in a false religion. If it's the former, then it is impossible to know if you are a Christian or not because then you can make the argument that anyone who contradicts "agape" love is a Christian, since we can all make mistakes. There is no real standard of your theory, you can keep saying you are lead by love, even when you are clearly wrong. Go ahead, I wait to hear what you have to say.

Old 05-29-2014, 08:51 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post

You know him off line? You are around him regularly?
Well howdy again, justtitans. Just when I thought you were super busy deciding who is a Christian and who isn't I pop in and find out you also want to control what we think of our fellow posters. You must have ginormous amounts of free time to fill.

Let's see.... I know for a fact God hasn't placed an ad saying "Who's a Christian? - Help God Decide" in USA Today (there's also no announcement from Him of impending doom because Gay America is getting married - I checked) and I'm capable of judging people's characters without any help so perhaps you'll want to get a hobby.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:20 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
With every paragraph people post, or copy from elsewhere, they reveal an aspect of their belief system, their schooling, their intelligence level, or their character.

Or some or all of the above.

Or lack thereof.

I thank Dew, Katz, thrill, Mystic, pcamps, Nate, and a handful of others whose nicks escape me for reminding me that folks can believe in a God different from my own concept, and yet still share a common belief in how to live one's life here, and now, and always.

I likewise tip my cap to NoCapo, Arequipa, Shirina, Cruithne, Jerz, Rider, KingCat, Mordant. Owl, Woodrow and quite a few other atheists or Other Believers who walk a parallel path when it comes to ethics and behaviour which is really all that matters on this particular plane of existence.

We must never lose track of this basic, undeniable truth: everything that is, shares a common root and a common destiny.

We belong to each other and are all part of a much greater whole.

Last edited by TroutDude; 05-29-2014 at 09:34 PM..

Old 05-29-2014, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Well howdy again, justtitans. Just when I thought you were super busy deciding who is a Christian and who isn't I pop in and find out you also want to control what we think of our fellow posters. You must have ginormous amounts of free time to fill.

Let's see.... I know for a fact God hasn't placed an ad saying "Who's a Christian? - Help God Decide" in USA Today (there's also no announcement from Him of impending doom because Gay America is getting married - I checked) and I'm capable of judging people's characters without any help so perhaps you'll want to get a hobby.
I haven't told anyone they are or aren't a Christian. I just stated that the standard of Christianity is based on believing and following the word of God. When people basically in so many words state that something that is clearly written in the Bible and quoted by Jesus himself, is supposed to happen, and some people say it's not happening, I mean it makes you wonder what do they believe. I have asked you and as well as other posters what you all believe. You and others are very dismissive when I ask those questions. What else do you expect? I am trying to understand your perspective and you purposely ignore my question and then you get mad at me when I try to draw conclusions????

But somehow you are acting in a loving manner? You are being condescending and opportunistic. If you have such strong convictions just state what you believe and what you don't and let's move on. You are acting like a child. You have spent time trying to find ways to attack me, and even people who disagreed with me can see how scorned you are and how you try your hardest to antagonize me. If your intentions are pure, you don't have to avoid questions, complain about me asking too many questions, but then come back and start commenting on what I say. It's either you want to have a conversation with me or your only goal here is to make me look bad. You aren't attempting to have a real dialogue at all.

Anyone seeing our interaction on this thread objectively can see what you are doing here. I respectfully asked you a few questions, you picked one thing to address, I asked if you wanted to talk about the other stuff I said, you refused. You complain about me asking too many questions, but yet you keep responding to me, even though I am not talking to you.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:29 PM

Quote:
....(snipped to save you even more embarrassment).... It's either you want to have a conversation with me or your only goal here is to make me look bad. You aren't attempting to have a real dialogue at all.
Trust me - you don't need a lick of help to make yourself look bad.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:34 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Now, see Dude, I decided NOT to say that. Sometimes you gotta rein it in when considering the source, ya know?

Or you could say that I haven't been involved and to mind my own business.... That would work.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Trust me - you don't need a lick of help to make yourself look bad.
More attacks and no dialogue about the topic. Somehow this is an example of a good person? Maybe you are a good person, I honestly don't know, but when I see people who spend their time trying to instigate others to argue or who spends his time trying to deflect from the actual topic, it shows me someone that is immature, insecure about his beliefs and in need to belittle others to feel important or to feel like his beliefs are somehow justified. Oh see, I made Christians argue, they can't agree so there must be something wrong with what they believe.

The truth is I would never see a true Muslim come into this section because even though they are wrong about what they believe they are not as insecure as people like you. They do not have to affirm their beliefs by belittling people whom they disagree with.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:40 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
See that, Woodrow?

Old 05-29-2014, 09:43 PM

We live in interesting times.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:44 PM

Quote:
More attacks and no dialogue about the topic. Somehow this is an example of a good person? Maybe you are a good person, I honestly don't know, but when I see people who spend their time trying to instigate others to argue or who spends his time trying to deflect from the actual topic, it shows me someone that is immature, insecure about his beliefs and in need to belittle others to feel important or to feel like his beliefs are somehow justified. Oh see, I made Christians argue, they can't agree so there must be something wrong with what they believe.

The truth is I would never see a true Muslim come into this section because even though they are wrong about what they believe they are not as insecure as people like you. They do not have to affirm their beliefs by belittling people whom they disagree with.
Not an attack. Trust me, you'd recognize an attack from the burn.

That was an observation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity