Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2015, 01:26 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
NEITHER does talk about POLITICS and elected officials. The church has ZERO responsibility to endorse an ISSUE or a CANDIDATE..

Don't you agree?
I do not believe pastors should bring partisan politics to church because it tends to divide people. There are several on TV who do, and for me it is a turn-off. I avoid watching them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 01:26 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,632,658 times
Yup. Here's another article of late demonstrating how twisted out of shape the "Lavender Lobby" gets when people even express they views/feelings relating to homosexuality without even putting anything to practice.

It has begun. LGBT “activists” have gone full fascist since the passage of Indiana’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA).

Now — right before the holiest days in the Christian calendar — one gay group is attacking Churches who dare to believe that homosexuality is wrong.

The largest gay group in one Western state is demanding that Churches who follow the Bible be shut down by the government.
Jeran Artery, the chairman of Wyoming Equality posted that stunning statement to his Facebook page. When Christians reacted with outrage, the cowardly Artery deleted it. No apology, just hoping it would go down the memory hole. No such luck.
The folks at Conservative Colorado got a screen shot of the post before Artery deleted it.
Today, in a stunning statement, Jeran Artery, Chairman of Wyoming Equality argued that churches who do not support same sex marriage should lose their tax exempt status.
Churches that lobby to have freedoms and rights taken away from ANYONE should absolutely have their 501(c)3 status revoked!!”
Talk about tolerance, freedom of speech, and religious freedom. Disagree with Artery’s views of same sex marriage and your church will be shut down.
Gone are the days of pluralism. This is what tyranny looks like.
This should come as no surprise, as it reflects the vile militancy the LGBT movement is known for. Just as they unleashed threats of violence and arson against a tiny pizzeria in Indiana when they dared to express a very mild opinion against gay marriage, so they want to punish Christians who dare to preach, well, Christianity.
Revocation of exempt status is a financial death penalty for most churches, as an estimated 85% of them barely break even or operate at a loss, with most of their efforts geared toward helping the needy. It makes perfect sense that a far-left gay group would advocate this, as it is how Obama used IRS official Lois Lerner to silence conservative groups.
But notice who he did not mention: mosques. Gays never criticize Islam, even though it is only Muslims who are hanging gays from cranes and throwing them from buildings every sngle week.
Get ready. With weak-knees like Indiana Gov. Mike Pence (R) already backing down, you can expect the pink mafia to step up their aggressive action against Christians who dare to exercise their 1st Amendment rights.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
She needs to face her own bullies, not cower behind a book that is filled with errors and vengeance.

I am not the police for all the wrongs, people must take a stand for themselves and tell those who would bully them that nothing will change their determination and resolve to continue, no matter what path they are on.

I have not donated any money to any LGBTQ organization that made threats against her, her father, or business and I will not financially support any groups that would make threats.
OK, now I know you just against Christians in general.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:29 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
Yup. Here's another article of late demonstrating how twisted out of shape the "Lavender Lobby" gets when people even express they views/feelings relating to homosexuality without even putting anything to practice.

It has begun. LGBT “activists” have gone full fascist since the passage of Indiana’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA).

Now — right before the holiest days in the Christian calendar — one gay group is attacking Churches who dare to believe that homosexuality is wrong.

The largest gay group in one Western state is demanding that Churches who follow the Bible be shut down by the government.
Jeran Artery, the chairman of Wyoming Equality posted that stunning statement to his Facebook page. When Christians reacted with outrage, the cowardly Artery deleted it. No apology, just hoping it would go down the memory hole. No such luck.
The folks at Conservative Colorado got a screen shot of the post before Artery deleted it.
Today, in a stunning statement, Jeran Artery, Chairman of Wyoming Equality argued that churches who do not support same sex marriage should lose their tax exempt status.
Churches that lobby to have freedoms and rights taken away from ANYONE should absolutely have their 501(c)3 status revoked!!”
Talk about tolerance, freedom of speech, and religious freedom. Disagree with Artery’s views of same sex marriage and your church will be shut down.
Gone are the days of pluralism. This is what tyranny looks like.
This should come as no surprise, as it reflects the vile militancy the LGBT movement is known for. Just as they unleashed threats of violence and arson against a tiny pizzeria in Indiana when they dared to express a very mild opinion against gay marriage, so they want to punish Christians who dare to preach, well, Christianity.
Revocation of exempt status is a financial death penalty for most churches, as an estimated 85% of them barely break even or operate at a loss, with most of their efforts geared toward helping the needy. It makes perfect sense that a far-left gay group would advocate this, as it is how Obama used IRS official Lois Lerner to silence conservative groups.
But notice who he did not mention: mosques. Gays never criticize Islam, even though it is only Muslims who are hanging gays from cranes and throwing them from buildings every sngle week.
Get ready. With weak-knees like Indiana Gov. Mike Pence (R) already backing down, you can expect the pink mafia to step up their aggressive action against Christians who dare to exercise their 1st Amendment rights.

Just as Ted Cruz doesn't speak for every evangelical, neither does Jeran Artery speak for all LGBTQ activists.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
And where does a person falls if they break the law in order to impose their religious views upon others?
God will bless the one who makes a choice believing it is right in the eyes of God.

Nothing is imposed.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:32 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
OMG, you have found my secret mission...just fling a bit of piety around and it all smells like roses?

I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself.
My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me.
Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God.

1 Corinthians 4:3-5

Old 04-07-2015, 01:39 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
I know- everytime I agree with Him on this website, I catch hell.
Lol... sooner or later everyone catches hell. That's how it goes.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:41 PM

63,819 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There was so much wrong and such screwed up thinking in that post that it would take days to unravel it. As a highlight . . . SIN has nothing to do with the LAW. Society sets those. Businesses do NOT enforce God's laws against SIN. They only are allowed to enforce society's laws . . . NOT God's. Businesses have no right to judge the use to which their products will be put (as long as they are LEGAL according to society's laws). Whether or not the USE they will be put to is "sinful" is irrelevant to the laws of commerce in America. You keep your concern over God's laws to the confines of YOUR personal life and that of your religion . . . they have no place in business. Your concern over the survival of these businesses trying to enforce their God's laws on their customers is misplaced. If they cannot provide their products or services to everyone (whether or not they follow their God's laws) . . . they should NOT BE in business.
Quote:
No one is trying to take God from YOUR lives. They just do NOT want you pushing YOUR God into their lives. Business is a PUBLIC enterprise and is NOT part of YOUR personal lives. What YOUR God approves of or disapproves of has no place in business, period. YOUR God can rule what YOU do or do not do in YOUR personal lives . . . but NOT what you do or do not do in business. YOUR God's prohibitions cannot be forced into anyone else's lives through business.
Quote:
Mocking is unpleasant no matter who it is aimed at and I am annoyed with myself when I am provoked to it by the inanity of others. But Christianity itself is NOT being mocked. The improper exercise of it in society is being challenged legitimately. Christianity is ALL about how YOU are to live YOUR lives . . . NOT about how you are to FORCE others in society to live. The dictatorial posture of religions is being mocked and legitimately excoriated. This is NOT and was never meant to be a Theocracy. We live in a representative Republic using democratic principles of freedom with protections for minorities from the tyranny of the majority.
Quote:
Stop it, Finn. It is not about being against Christianity because even Christians are complaining about the improper use of religious beliefs in business. YOUR God can rule what YOU do or do not do in YOUR personal lives . . . but NOT what you do or do not do in business.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Stop it, Finn. It is not about being against Christianity because even Christians are complaining about the improper use of religious beliefs in business. YOUR God can rule what YOU do or do not do in YOUR personal lives . . . but NOT what you do or do not do in business.
I said what I said because the person I replied to will spare no effort to defend non-Christians when he thinks they "bullied" (not getting cake) but when I asked if he would defend the Christian pizzeria owner who is bullied (receiving death threats), the answer is "She needs to face her own bullies, not cower behind a book". I think it's fairly clear which side the poster has chosen.

What you do in your business is your choice. If you believe a certain thing is right in the eyes of God, and do it, even if you get fined, you still did the right thing.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:20 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times
Quote:
Nope. That's not what I said at all.

I guess you could ask the wife to sit between the cheating husband and his lover and they can all hold hands.

I am sorry you didn't get it.
I got it. I am not judging them, but you are.

I do not care if they sit together holding hands. I do not care if they have a threesome. I do not care if you join them.

I would not judge you. It would not be my business what threesomes you decide to join. I do not care if you kiss your lover in church, or out of church.

If you decide to explore your sexuality with another man, I have no judgement of you. It is not my place.

I would never belong to a club that had that much interest in you, and your lovers. I would not discuss your affair with the congregation you attend. I do not engage in gossip.

I would sit next to you, and give anyone the squinkie eye if they dared try to make you, and your lover feel unwelcome.
Believe me. They would sit their perfect asses down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity