Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2015, 12:47 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
No, just stop making assumptions about me.

You clearly demonstrated your lack of understanding by posting those bizarre images.
The design of something, or its blueprint precedes the assembly of that something.
In other words, I see an intelligent design at work, coupled with that of its evolution.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 01:23 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,265,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The design of something, or its blueprint precedes the assembly of that something.
In other words, I see an intelligent design at work, coupled with that of its evolution.
Please elaborate what you mean by an intelligent design at work?

If you mean that there is some grand daddy intelligent creator that is responsible for life on this planet...then please tell me the characteristics of this grand daddy.

Old 07-14-2015, 07:10 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times
Quote:
No, just stop making assumptions about me.
Now, that's funny.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Do you believe that life began, randomly or by accident without a definite aim, reason, or purpose?

Quote:
If you mean that there is some grand daddy intelligent creator that is responsible for life on this planet...then please tell me the characteristics of this grand daddy.
There is no "badass papa" with a white beard in the heavens.
Only a fundamentalist would believe that nonsense.

Old 07-14-2015, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Do you believe that life began, randomly or by accident without a definite aim, reason, or purpose?
Here I will ask again.

Quote:
I agree, but how would you describe this intelligent designer?

Old 07-14-2015, 07:14 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,591,051 times
Quote:

he means you don't see thin, maladapted animals, like humming birds, living in the snow regions. And really, we don't have enough info on this more complex universe we live in. But "no-nothing" doesn't match observation.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Here I will ask again.

I agree, but how would you describe this intelligent designer?
Red and gold are the characteristics of autumn:

If you are looking for a single answer to that of life you won’t find it, unless it comes with a bias.

I have not the interest, nor the inclination to elaborate; it would only fall on deaf ears in my opinion.
However, I will say the issue is not one of natural causes vs. design, when it's still a work in progress.

Old 07-14-2015, 10:56 PM

Quote:
If you are looking for a single answer to that of life you won’t find it, unless it comes with a bias.
No, I am not looking for a single answer at all. I am asking you to please elaborate on what you wrote below.

Quote:
Can you describe this intelligent design that is at work? Use one simple example if you must.

I am truly interested in hearing what someone who states this has to say about what they see with respect to an intelligent design at work.
  • What specifically do you see as an intelligent design?
  • What aspects make it an intelligent design?
  • Who is this intelligent designer?
  • What are their attributes?

If you don't have an interest to discuss the ID beliefs that you brought up, then this only tells me that you don't really know the answers to the questions I am asking.

Yet you try to brush it off with another one of your assumptions...deaf ears.

I would not be asking questions just to have it fall upon deaf ears.

Last edited by Matadora; 07-15-2015 at 12:15 AM..

Old 07-15-2015, 06:40 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,391,988 times
Quote:
You sure assume quite a lot here.

Secondly I am not an Atheist in the sense that you and many faith believers use use the word.

Atheism is not a belief system…what Atheists are saying is that they don’t choose to believe in religious dogma simply because it’s not sensible.

So instead of saying they believe in this or that they are simply saying is this myth is inconsistent with that myth and that myth is inconsistent with what we know about the Universe and that myth is inconsistent with what we know about Evolution and therefore the myths are unlikely to be true and they choose not to believe in them.

That is all Atheism is…is people saying this is unlikely to be true….it is not a belief system. To compare this as a belief system as what religion is…is a false premise

Huh never said anything about atheism, just said your jurney obviously did not start with God.

Quote:
Actually it sounds as if your spiritual journey started out being conditioned by
what Christianity teaches. Then you just picked and choose what suits you from
that religion. In other words you are not a true Christian.

Nope I just pick Jesus word over and above all others for he is the only one who really knows the Father.

Do you even know what christian means?

it means follower of Christ.

therefore as I only follow Christs words how can I be anything other then a Christian.

Quote:
Your god in the bible of the religion that you worship states this loud and
clear.

Does it? your obviously not very well read. Have you never read that God got upset with Israel because they went and served OTHER gods?

Quote:
This is absurdity. My understanding...not belief in science is based on
understanding the empirical evidence
care to put that to the test? give me some of this empirical evedence and let see.

Old 07-15-2015, 06:56 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,391,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
How can ALL get there when Jesus was plain about the wide gate or broad way leads to: destruction ? Mt. 7:13

If ALL get there, then there would be No need for Matthew 20:28 to say Jesus' ransom covers MANY. Does Not say all.

What happens to the wicked according to Psalm 92:7 ?_______________ Aren't they destroyed forever ?
Who destroys wicked Satan according to Hebrews 2:14 B but Jesus.

False gods exist in religious teachings, but like the god Baal, they are helpless and lifeless and did Not create the Universe.
who was he talking about? he was talking about those who strive to enter in. who does that? the Christian. So according to your understanding that would mean not all Christian will get there.

Jesus Christ is the saviour of ALL MEN, especially of those that believe, this command and teach.
tis not man who is destroyed, it is the old man nature in us that is.

So you admit there are other gods, good you are half way to understanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity