Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2018, 10:29 PM

45,770 posts, read 27,420,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardendresden View Post
it is highly probable that the two men were lovers. Jonathan, i think was gay. David was bi. And god loved both of them.
o m g...

Old 11-20-2018, 10:58 PM

10,099 posts, read 5,767,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
But you absolutely mocked gays for having gay pride parades. That is an attempt to make yourself better than them.

God has given me the mission to help you see the sinner you really are, and the person behind the mask (whom we really know, don't we? )

Since your fundamentalist buddies like HWC2040 KNOW what God has planned, so can we liberals KNOW your heart, mostly by what comes out of your posts in mocking those whom you think you are better than.

P.S. You avoided like the plague the counter-argument I offered to your statement that Jesus said He didn't come to change the Law. I'm not on here to change you either---just see that you are convicted of your sin of pride.
I'm not dodging anything. I will not waste my time addressing your posts if you can't have the decency and maturity to have a discussion without making up lies and attacks on me personally. Pretending that you are some noble mission only makes your posts look even more infantile. I already know I'm a sinner. Everyone is.

Old 11-20-2018, 11:00 PM

10,099 posts, read 5,767,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
o m g...
That's the danger of liberal anti-Bible Christianity. They can make up whatever they want. I'm surprised he hasn't claimed that Jesus was gay since He only had male disciples.

Old 11-20-2018, 11:09 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,747,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
o m g...
Yes, gay or not God loved them, just as straight or not God loves you. Equality under God Almighty!! Isn’t that a surprise!

Last edited by Wardendresden; 11-20-2018 at 11:23 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 11-20-2018, 11:22 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,747,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I'm not dodging anything. I will not waste my time addressing your posts if you can't have the decency and maturity to have a discussion without making up lies and attacks on me personally. Pretending that you are some noble mission only makes your posts look even more infantile. I already know I'm a sinner. Everyone is.
No, you consider your sins to be insignificant compared to gays. It is your hubris at work and you know in your heart I am correct. If you thought your sin was the same as a gay—-an abomination—-you wouldn’t be blasting them and comparing their “sin” to incest, having sex with animals, or animals eating their young—-all of which you have done and need to repent for.

Trying to save a fundamentalist from the ****e he wallows in IS a noble mission. But I’m like Jonah, I don’t believe you, Nineveh, will ever repent. You love your superior sinfulness too much.

Quote:
You don’t “have” to believe being LGBTQ is a sin—you want to. When all is said and done, the pain of affirmation has been determined to be greater than the pain of discrimination. The call to take up our cross and follow Jesus, perhaps, is a cost you have concluded is too costly to endure. The ego-humbling, faith-reconstructing, soul-examining, human-loving, life-transforming, and courage-requiring invitation of Jesus to put down the nets of religion for the sake of “the least of these” is finally met with what is perhaps the real sum and truth behind your response—” I don’t want to.”
Katzer, Chris, Leatherbound Terrorism, Chapter 9, Maybe This Is The Real Reason You Believe Being Gay Is A Sin

And you don’t love the Jesus of the NT at all.

Old 11-21-2018, 12:36 AM

10,798 posts, read 3,619,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
mother and daughter.....on to the next twisted fabrication of Biblical content

Wrong. Not daughter. Get to know your bible before making assertions, and I will let YOU do the research rather than spoon feed you.

Old 11-21-2018, 01:39 AM

64,025 posts, read 40,336,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
No, you consider your sins to be insignificant compared to gays. It is your hubris at work and you know in your heart I am correct. If you thought your sin was the same as a gay—-an abomination—-you wouldn’t be blasting them and comparing their “sin” to incest, having sex with animals, or animals eating their young—-all of which you have done and need to repent for.
Trying to save a fundamentalist from the ****e he wallows in IS a noble mission. But I’m like Jonah, I don’t believe you, Nineveh, will ever repent. You love your superior sinfulness too much.
Katzer, Chris, Leatherbound Terrorism, Chapter 9, Maybe This Is The Real Reason You Believe Being Gay Is A Sin
And you don’t love the Jesus of the NT at all.

Old 11-21-2018, 04:36 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,620,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Your posts have the nutritional equivalent of a twinkie. It's just pure garbage that adds nothing to the conversation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Twinkies at least taste good.
And last for eternity.

Old 11-21-2018, 05:05 AM

12,066 posts, read 6,616,873 times
When Christian controversies arise for me such as how to respond to homosexuality, I bypass the Bible or intermediaries with their conflicting interpretations, and go straight to God for answers.

Never once in my long prayer life have I been moved to judge my gay friends or homosexuality in general as an “abomination.” Instead it comes to me as a lesson in trusting God over human judgements and interpretations.
God speaks simply and clearly through the heart. I have great compassion for those born with a “different” sexual identity or orientation that causes the world to respond to them in harmful and hurtful ways. They are here to teach us something about ourselves and our relationship with God.

If you feel strong hate toward gays, I would ask you to momentarily drop all your past thoughts, judgments, Biblical interpretations/ controversies, and with a simple open unjudging heart, go straight to God with your hate, your confusion, your questions, and see what actually materializes and clarifies itself through your HEART — not your mind, your past judgements, or your ego.

Old 11-21-2018, 05:33 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,121,963 times
Quote:
I guess we could talk about raping virgins as the spoils of war and dashing babies heads against rocks. Just doing your god-thing's bidding
that was never "God's thing" as you so eloquently put it. God does allow some pretty horrible things to happen but it was never His intention for mankind to be so violent and heartless toward one another. that mankind is this way is because of the hardness of their heart against Him and toward their fellow man.

as far as me being "out of shape" against gay people....i'm not. as a substance abuse counselor here in NYC, i have worked with a number of them and i treated them equally as the rest: with love and compassion and with a heart to help them overcome their addictions. i have held some of them in my arms as they sobbed uncontrollably after receiving news about an extremely low T-cell count or discovered that they had AIDS. some even accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior and chose to be celibate for the remainder of their lives so that they could do the work of the Lord in sharing the Gospel. this they did completely of their own accord and not by coercion, threats or "therapy". hate gays? angry with them? not in the least. what saddens and concerns me is a blatant disregard for the things of God, a complete denial of God and denial that there is nothing wrong with whatever sin they are engaging in. what is also frustrating is that unless a person completely accepts them and their gay tendencies, they are insulted, hated and made a mockery of rather than accepting the differences between the two groups of people. but these things break my heart not only about gay people but from people from all walks of life. i have just as much love and concern regarding repentance and salvation for the gay person just as much i do for the straight, or black or white person, whatever background and whomever they are.

so just because Christians disagree with certain aspects of being gay doesn't mean that all Christians hate or dislike gays....nothing could be further from the truth. unfortunately, gay people don't want to see it that way.

Last edited by urbanlemur; 11-21-2018 at 06:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity