Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2018, 09:15 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
So those that are participants in this thread. Please let me know your position by simply answering these questions:

1.) For or against Homosexuality (sexual relations)?
2.) What is your faith? (Christian, Judaism, Atheist, etc..)

3.) Does your Church (if Christian) also share your position?
4.) What is your denomination? (Baptist, Catholic, etc..)

I'll go first:

1 - against homosexuality
2 - Christian
3 - n/a
4 - don't belong to any socially recognized denomination.
1 - Pro LGBT.
2 - Pagan
3 - Spiritually-evolved people share my opinion, whatever their religious affiliation, or non.
4 - Animist

Old 11-21-2018, 09:17 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,116,711 times
Quote:
Okay, honest question here Urban.... What is your idea of "meeting in the middle"??? Because I have seen exactly ZERO fundamentalists that are trying to "meet in the middle". I have seen many trying to keep gay people from being married, and trying to keep from having to serve gay people, treating gay people as 2nd class citizens (I could go on, but you can get the gist, surely), but no "meeting in the middle". So please, can you explain what you mean by that?
and i suppose you know all of them by name, right? i guess you can walk down the street and pick out those who are terrorizing gay people and making their lives miserable, right?

first you make a blanket assessment of all fundamentalists "zero" and then you say "many"...so what is it? i have some Christian friends who fall into the category you mentioned but i also have friends who are friendly and treat gay people with respect, whether they work with them or are in a circle of friends or maybe even a family member. i guess you missed my post about my work in the homeless shelter so maybe you should go and read that to get a little better assessment of me before you consider placing me in the first category.

sadly, there are some Christians who go out of their way to make life difficult for gay people but they are in the small minority. i'll think you'll find that most Christians are not like that but see the gay population just as they see everyone else: sinners in need of repentance and salvation that comes only through the grace and mercy of Jesus Christ.

when i say "meet in the middle", i mean for us to agree to disagree. i may disagree with homosexuality but i still see them as human beings who live and work and are in need of Jesus just like everyone else. on the part of the gay person, i would like to see them have the same attitude toward Christians. however, we will never "meet in the middle" as long as there are people from both sides who do nothing but condemn one another for their words and actions. that gains us nothing but ill will and an unrighteous attitude toward one another. that's what i mean by "meeting in the middle" but i guess that's too hard for some people and that's to be expected, especially in today's culture where hate is the rule rather than the exception (which should never be considered acceptable in any way, shape or form)

Last edited by urbanlemur; 11-21-2018 at 10:31 AM..

Old 11-21-2018, 09:44 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
So who is on the roster of those whose moral track record has been compromised by the imaginations of some around here?

All of the eunuchs
Jonathan
David
Ruth
Naomi

Maybe you can throw in Moses as well since he saw the Lord's hind side...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Read your Bible and THINK. All you and others have done is follow corrupted thinking with regard to people.

Your love of "sinners" is remarkably love-deficient, and your moral high-ground just self-righteous.
I'm disappointed you didn't include Moses on the roster...

How about John the disciple - He was the one Jesus loved... that must mean something right...

Judas kissed Jesus on the cheek.

Why not include John, Judas, and Jesus on the roster as well?

Old 11-21-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
...snip...

Why not include John, Judas, and Jesus on the roster as well?
I dunno about John and Judas but it makes sense that Jesus was probably gay.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:50 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
So those that are participants in this thread. Please let me know your position by simply answering these questions:

I'll go first:

2 - Christian
3 - n/a
1 - who cares. If all parties are adults and consensual, I don't care if it is same sex, mutli-sex, group, single or whatever possible combination or sexual acts you can think of.
2- naturalist pantheist - if a label is needed.
3- n/a
4 - humanist

Old 11-21-2018, 10:23 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:

I'll go first:

2 - Christian
3 - n/a
Pro LBGT

Agnostic atheist

The church my wife grew up in and the one we got married in preforms SSM since 2005 when SSM became the law of the land. It is also the largest Protestant denomination in Canada

Does not apply

In this thread I have only addresses what I considered as non religious false statements made by anti gay posters as this is not the forum for me to address the religious aspects of the topic. I do find it interesting on how the two very polar opposite factions use the same Bible and indeed the same passages to defend their view and attack the other side. Both sides do this.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:

1) against gay marriage but understand that any gay person can choose to repent of their sins and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. the hard part for them is that they must give up their way of life though and become celibate in order to live according to what God has set forth in His Word. (personally, i know several men who have done this and they are more at peace with themselves and have the joy of the Lord in them just as much, if not more than some because of their turning away from their former life). some here will reject this but i know first hand via working with them in a homeless shelter and watching God change them into a new creation, a new man and by knowing a couple by attending church with them for 14 years and listening to their testimonies....very moving to hear them speak.

2) Christian

3) in-between churches as our pastor closed the doors of our church and we are now seeking a new one to attend

4) non-denominational but lean toward Baptist

Old 11-21-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I dunno about John and Judas but it makes sense that Jesus was probably gay.
you're really trying to get us all fired up, huh? ah, but we're not going to fall for your nonsense though, no matter how far and wide you spread it.

Old 11-21-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
you're really trying to get us all fired up, huh? ah, but we're not going to fall for your nonsense though, no matter how far and wide you spread it.
You wouldn't look sideways at a guy who only hangs out with other guys? Who never married? Never (apparently) had a girlfriend? Unless you believe the hints that he was boinking Mary Magdalene.

Personally, I think it unlikely he was having it off with Mary. He just wanted to hang with the guys.

Old 11-21-2018, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You wouldn't look sideways at a guy who only hangs out with other guys? Who never married? Never (apparently) had a girlfriend? Unless you believe the hints that he was boinking Mary Magdalene.

Personally, I think it unlikely he was having it off with Mary. He just wanted to hang with the guys.
Matthew 9:4 "but Jesus, knowing their thoughts, said, “Why do you think evil in your hearts?" that question still remains to be answered, especially here today...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.