Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2018, 01:26 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times

Advertisements

A sodomite (qadesh) has always meant a temple prostitute or that of an idol worshiper who acted in a way that shows a deliberate and obstinate desire to behave in an unreasonable or unacceptable manner. In other words, they were typically heterosexuals who were acting out and going against that which was natural to them. Abusing themselves and others in the process.

Old 11-22-2018, 03:21 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,718,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
Gotta give a loving message to Homosexuals today. Repent and be saved. Homosexuality is a sin.
Gotta give a loving message to bible idolators like you today. Repent and get Scripture out of the way of Jesus who wants to rescue you from the most divisive sin ever invented by men---Bible for Bigots.

Old 11-22-2018, 03:46 PM

12,041 posts, read 6,576,479 times
Diamonds on the soles of her shoes

The HEART is the portal for God

Simple......try it

Old 11-22-2018, 04:46 PM

88,605 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Diamonds on the soles of her shoes

The HEART is the portal for God

Simple......try it
Now that's going to play in my head.

Old 11-22-2018, 05:15 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Please show the quote from me where I said that gay people are exactly like incest. I didn't. I'm only demonstrating flaws in the argument. You, OTOH, have to resort to lies and insults. It's this kind of crap while I'll never believe you are on the moral side of the argument.

So you just demonstrated that you will accept certain forms of sexual activity, but be against others. And yet your argument for why I should support homosexuality is that they are just people who are attracted to each other. That's a hypocritical position. And homosexuality does hurt people. It spreads diseases which burdens the healthcare and mental health system. It has caused division and destruction of businesses. A swinger lifestyle is harmful as it deteriotes the ability of a couple to feel bonded as one person through sexuality. I remember a interview once with Jake the Snake Roberts. He said that being on the road and having sex with multiple partners eventually led him to feel that he could no longer make love to his wife. It destroyed his marriage and his soul.

If hurt is your criteria then you failed as usual.
The only way to fit homosexuality into this harming theology of sin is to demonize gays as promiscuous adults or disease-ridden child molesters. Adulterer's and heterosexual child-molesters appear to hide behind this thought that being homosexual in nature is worse than those who actually commit an offense.

Old 11-22-2018, 05:48 PM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
And "loving" message, yeah, right.

The post is the exact opposite of loving.

Old 11-22-2018, 06:31 PM

6,797 posts, read 2,911,543 times
Quote:
Gotta give a loving message to Homosexuals today.
Ooooo ...please do . . .!

Quote:
Repent and be saved.
Okay, But, that's way too general a statement. Would you be more specific? What is 'the wrong' in their lives that they're supposed to repent of? Is it shoplifting? Was it their pushing in front of someone at a store checkout line? Did they steal a towel from the last motel they stayed at?

What ...?

Quote:
Homosexuality is a sin.
Really? I hadn't heard you say that before. But anyway, I've racked my brains trying to figure out why one's being hard-wired to being homosexual rather than one's being hard-wired to being heterosexual would be perceived as being wrong or, as you say, 'a sin'. So, why IS homosexuality a sin but heterosexuality is not?

HeWillCome2040, there are some of us who require answers to specific questions asked of you because we are hard-wired to base our determinations on reason and not the print from an ancient book. That said, speaking of that ancient book . . .I've looked and looked and looked again - and yet again - but I cannot for the life of me find any line that states ...'homosexuality is a sin'. Perhaps I have the wrong book. What Bible would you recommend where I can find this particular statement?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Old 11-22-2018, 07:15 PM

6,797 posts, read 2,911,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
A sodomite (qadesh) has always meant a temple prostitute or that of an idol worshiper who acted in a way that shows a deliberate and obstinate desire to behave in an unreasonable or unacceptable manner. In other words, they were typically heterosexuals who were acting out and going against that which was natural to them. Abusing themselves and others in the process.
Correct. However, as we've seen many times on this particular thread as well as others, the anti-gay brigade are not interested in facts and they will dismiss anything that appears to interfere with their neat hate-fest toward gay people. They are conveniently blind to the Bible facts about this particular subject and they will generally ignore specific (uncomfortable) questions asked of them because to answer them would show them up for the charlatans that some of them are. The TRUTH is that 'homosexuality' is NOT a Bible issue at all and we should not continue to pretend that it is. These 'anti' folks have a personal ax to grind - for whatever reason - with homosexual people. They need to be honest and come right out and say this. But, they won't.

IF the Bible was their source for showing anger (as per the thread title) toward actual 'Bible sins' they could have a field day with, for instance, the MANY divorced and remarried members of their churches whose 'biblical sin of adultery' is completely ignored by them. Without intending to derail for more than a second, there are also other in-your-face 'biblical sins' that are ignored ...90% of Christians are in violation of the Sabbath-command, for instance. Doing so was once punishable with ...death! **

While in the calling a spade a spade mode ...too many of these folks are either liars (a biblical abomination) or/and they are quite content to wallow in their own self-righteousness which they believe offers them entitlement to point their finger at gay people. Every once in a while the pious bubble of a particular individual will burst enabling them to see the error of their ways and from then on attempt to make things right with their gay brothers and sisters. Yep, this does occur every now and then. Kudos to such people! How about it Jeff? BaptistFundie? Others?

** I personally have no issue with these 'biblical sins'. I just wanted to put that out there.

Old 11-22-2018, 11:11 PM

1,491 posts, read 3,117,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Gotta give an important message to fundies: Fundamentalism is the home of the stupid, the uneducated, the hard-hearted and spiritually retarded. Open your eyes, minds and hearts to what truly matters - not an old book to find out what primitive barbarians believed.
i never would have guessed that you are so eloquent, kind and gracious in your loving remarks to others. i absolutely must commend you on these things...

Old 11-23-2018, 09:39 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
i never would have guessed that you are so eloquent, kind and gracious in your loving remarks to others. i absolutely must commend you on these things...
Thank you. Thank you very much. I'll be here all week. Keep in mind the half-price corned beef on Thursday. And please, don't forget to tip your waitress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity