Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2018, 11:11 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times

Advertisements

Fundies fear their barbaric god-thing to such an extent that they humiliate and marginalize their fellow humans in an effort to curry its favour.

It, and they, are disgusting.

Old 11-24-2018, 11:16 AM

88,613 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
God says that He loves everyone enough that He sent His Son to die for us. however, to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior means that you have to do so on His terms according to His Word, not what the world says is acceptable. "Love one another" trumps the written rules of men" signifies that you believe that men wrote the Bible on their terms whereas i believe the scholars wrote Scripture according to the inspiration set forth by God unto those who chronicled everything contained therein. if you don't believe in the inspiration, inerrancy and infalliability of God and His Word, then you will ultimately will accept changes in the Word (despite God's warning against doing so) to lessen or completely do away with the severity of sin and the price paid for engaging in it. i am not going to change my stance on this or any other issue regarding Scripture so i guess i'll remain a bigot and a hater to those of the world who disagree with me. all i can do is preach the Word as set forth in the Bible and pray that God will open eyes and hearts to accept it....the responsibility to hear and accept God on His terms is theirs.
Re the bolded, yes, exactly. That is what I believe and what you believe, and that disagreement is the crux of the problem here. I appreciate you making that distinction rather than just stating your belief as if it is a factual statement that every Christian agrees to.

Old 11-24-2018, 12:08 PM

1,259 posts, read 565,042 times
53. But in addition to this there were to be found among men many things still more monstrous and terrifying and brutal: father cohabits with his child, and son and with his mother, and brother with sister, and male with male, and each man lusting after the wife of his neighbor.

http://www.cogwriter.com/melitohomily.htm

Old 11-24-2018, 12:12 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

Man cannot comprehend the existence of error; when too deeply immersed in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The errror to me Jer, is not what these fundies think is a sin or not a sin, but their refusal to see that if you have the plank removed from your own eye, the speck of dust you thought was in your brothers eye wasn't really there. You then see God in your brothers eye not assumed sin that you think you have the right to judge and condemn.
The first step is the renewing of the mind, as the mind will always try to rule over the Spirit.

Old 11-24-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
53. But in addition to this there were to be found among men many things still more monstrous and terrifying and brutal: father cohabits with his child, and son and with his mother, and brother with sister, and male with male, and each man lusting after the wife of his neighbor.

Melito's Homily on the Passover - COGwriter

http://www.cogwriter.com/melitohomily.htm
How can the attempted gang rape of angels be considered homosexuality?
Or, that of worshiping idols, as in shrine prostitution and/or abusing others?

Old 11-24-2018, 01:05 PM

950 posts, read 693,159 times
It has been posted earlier that a Fundamentalist's mind can not be changed. No, not true, because there is a group called Fundamentalists Anonymous, consisting of those who have come to their senses and broken free of their former brainwashed selves. Yes, Brainwashing is what it is, brainwashing through the use of fear, fear of the unknown, fear of the afterlife, fear of an eternal hell. In fact, fear of an Eternal Hell is the ultimate fear, so it's no surprise at all that many get brainwashed. My understanding is that F-A also has a 12-step program, the same principle as Alcoholics Anonymous.
I don't know whether the founder Richard Yao is still alive or not, because his official headquarters is no longer functioning. If any of you are in Fundamentalists Anonymous, maybe you can post about it here.

Old 11-24-2018, 01:50 PM

1,259 posts, read 565,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
It has been posted earlier that a Fundamentalist's mind can not be changed. No, not true, because there is a group called Fundamentalists Anonymous, consisting of those who have come to their senses and broken free of their former brainwashed selves. Yes, Brainwashing is what it is, brainwashing through the use of fear, fear of the unknown, fear of the afterlife, fear of an eternal hell. In fact, fear of an Eternal Hell is the ultimate fear, so it's no surprise at all that many get brainwashed. My understanding is that F-A also has a 12-step program, the same principle as Alcoholics Anonymous.
I don't know whether the founder Richard Yao is still alive or not, because his official headquarters is no longer functioning. If any of you are in Fundamentalists Anonymous, maybe you can post about it here.

I'm a universalist and I believe what the Bible shows which is that Homosexuality is a sin. It is what the Spirit reveals also to those that believe.

Old 11-24-2018, 01:57 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
I'm a universalist and I believe what the Bible shows which is that Homosexuality is a sin. It is what the Spirit reveals also to those that believe.
I believe too, and i have no interest in what is sin and what isn't. Jesus Christ convicts us of righteousness (the answer) not sin. My draw is what righteousness is not what fundamentalists (universalist ones too) "think" is sin.

Old 11-24-2018, 02:01 PM

63,826 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
How can you not see that ANY focus on such carnal acts is carnal-minded and NOT spiritual-minded???? Our carnality is powerful and influences our spirituality far too much that is why we are told to focus on the "mind of Christ" and believe He has reconciled us to the Father. Our carnal sins (mistakes) are NOT being counted against us as long as we adopt the "mind of Christ" and love God and each other every day and repent when we don't. It is our state of mind, NOT our physical acts that will define our spiritual fate.

Old 11-24-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
How can you not see that ANY focus on such carnal acts is carnal-minded and NOT spiritual-minded???? Our carnality is powerful and influences our spirituality far too much that is why we are told to focus on the "mind of Christ" and believe He has reconciled us to the Father. Our carnal sins (mistakes) are NOT being counted against us as long as we adopt the "mind of Christ" and love God and each other every day and repent when we don't. It is our state of mind, NOT our physical acts that will define our spiritual fate.
The mind can be a powerful adversary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity