Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2018, 08:14 PM

50 posts, read 182,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I'm not mistaken.

The anonymous guys whom Constantinople decided were channeling god thousands of years ago were mistaken. And you are mistaken for believing them.

Unfortunately, you are not alone in your mis-belief. But those of you of the fundamentalist persuasion are a dying breed, thankfully. Like spiritual dinosaurs, you'll disappear and the world will be a more peaceful place.

Have a nice day!

We haven't disappeared in 2018 years. I'm thinking that you are making a wish that won't come true.

If you would read the Bible, you might find out how holy God is, how He works and what patience He has.

You might even learn that God (Jesus) created us and marriage. He gave us rules for our protection - and one of those rules is one man/one woman marriage and NO SEX outside of that covenant. It's right there - but people try to say He never said it. He was very clear but humans just want to hear what they want to hear.

I'd say that most of the world's issues would be solved (no STD's, no abortions, no single fathers/mothers, nobody having affairs, no babies born out of wedlock) if we would just LISTEN to HIm. However, humans always are trying to pay Him back by proving they are better, when in fact, they are not. How many gay people died from AIDS? How many straight people died when they contracted it from their lovers who were bisexual.

BTW - certain rules were given to Israel that were meant ONLY for Israel. That would be the rules of the Old Testament, like the mixed fabrics or eating of special foods, or killing other nations because they worshiped pagan gods. The 10 commandments - they were written for everyone. Jesus just expanded on those.

The problem with the LGBT is that they think they are special. People that are NOT married that are opposite sex have the same problems that LGBT do. People get bullied for multiple things - not just because they are gay. People that are not married have the same problems that LGBT do that aren't married if one of the partners dies. Everyone gets discriminated against - either because you are a man, a woman, not old enough, too old. A child deserves two parents of the opposite sex.

But one of the reasons Christians seem to get angry is because Jesus died for our sins. He hung on a cross for every, single. one of our sins. Every time someone lies, or steals, murders, aborts, has sex outside of marriage, (yes, gay sex too). Then they wave their flag and practice PDA in public. No one wants to see that - not even heterosexual PDA.

Actually, we'd prefer they meet Jesus here in this life and repent and trust in Him before they enter the next.

And who is the bigot - a gentleman just mentioned that he is a former homosexual and you guys don't believe him. What kind of tolerance is that? You don't know him yet you don't believe he isn't gay anymore. Boy, could you be any more hypocritical. Trying not to lose any to the other side?

The gay life, with the bars, the endless sex with numerous partners, (or even being straight and doing that).. it isn't fulfilling. It's dangerous and it's soul draining. And the fact that you identify yourselves as LGBT... aren't you so and so? What do you do? Your identity is NOT LGBT. Your identity should be in who you are, not who you have sex with. We Christians aren't perfect either, but we want you to know the One who formed you in the womb and who knows every single thing about you. To how many hairs are on your head, to your inner thoughts and dreams. To what even you don't know about yourself. He will never leave you like a human will.

He has a perfect plan for you that is even better than you could imagine. It's not all sunshine and rainbows - there is hard stuff in there. But there is hope - and hope in Jesus is better than no hope at all.

I hope you all find what you are looking for. Best wishes and peace.

Old 11-23-2018, 09:20 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturngoddess View Post
However, humans always are trying to pay Him back by proving they are better, when in fact, they are not.
How is that? Do you consider yourself to be a filthy rag? And, unworthy of love.
Do you go around demeaning people because they didn't find love the same way you did?

And, I am not talking about sex, which seems to be the fundamentalists only perspective.
Furthermore, don't go around exalting yourself over others, thinking you are the special one.

Old 11-23-2018, 09:23 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
it has nothing to do with pride but everything to do with God-breathed Scripture that has stood the test of time for centuries. the Bible prophecies that many will attempt to mislead many by corrupting and rewriting what is holy but on the flip side, there are several verses which address those who attempt to do so and i would advise against it since i certainly would not want to be on the wrong side of judgment day.
That's because, like all fundies, you are afraid of your god-thing.

Sensible people are not, even if they believe in a god-thing. Because their god-thing is not insane.

Ish.

Old 11-23-2018, 09:24 PM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
well then, that's on you. personally, i choose not to hate or condemn others because that is not what the Bible teaches me to do. if my adherence to the Scriptures, which i believe are God-breathed, are offensive to you, that is something i cannot change either. if you choose to hate me because i believe in God and regard His Word of utmost importance to me, so be it.

<snip>

sorry you feel this way but we both know that we are not going to change our positions. i will still preach the Gospel no matter how many people hate me and hate God and will do so until the day i'm called home to be with Jesus. too bad it has to be this way though.
What are you talking about?

Nobody hates you. Certainly not PLEROO, for God's sake. I don't think she's capable of hating anyone.

Old 11-23-2018, 09:30 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturngoddess View Post
We haven't disappeared in 2018 years. I'm thinking that you are making a wish that won't come true.

...snip...

I'm making a prophecy that will take place in two (2) generations: The end of Christian Fundamentalism - American version.

Quote:
I hope you all find what you are looking for. Best wishes and peace.
I've long-stopped looking. No need.

Best wishes to you too - as long as you don't post fundie crud.

Old 11-23-2018, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

Nobody hates you. Certainly not PLEROO, for God's sake. I don't think she's capable of hating anyone.
If you don't agree with a certain belief, then you automatically hate God.
And, the fundamentalist will claim the same right to be hated by you?

Now, that's just utter nonsense.

Old 11-23-2018, 09:36 PM

1,491 posts, read 3,117,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
So why does the Spirit lead people to contradicting conclusions? Case in pint, my views are somewhat different than yours, to put it politely.

If we are both confessing to being lead by the Spirit, and we are polar opposite in our beliefs and teachings, how do you, me or any one know who is either lying, deceived, or just total looney-tunes?

You cannot play quote that scripture because we both know what the "devil" can do.

So unless you are willing to toss down a few miracles or raise the dead, that is not a valid litmus test either.
James 4 states: "Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, “The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously”? But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: “God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” this, of course refers to sinful people’s practices, evil tendencies, cravings for things that are in opposition to God, false beliefs, rebellion, and so on. the “world” in this context is where we get the phrase “worldliness,” which of course refers to sinfulness.

1 John 2:15–16 "Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world."

you can follow whatever road you wish but i am staying right where i am.

Old 11-23-2018, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

your right to choose what you believe, nothing more, nothing less

Old 11-23-2018, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

maybe, maybe not. but if you read the posts, you know there are those here who truly hate us and i'm fine with it. i get that they are angry at us for what we believe. i don't hate anyone and don't plan on changing that attitude ever. just trying to share my thoughts, that's all.

Old 11-23-2018, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

Quote:
your right to choose what you believe, nothing more, nothing less
I don't care what you believe to be truth, and you are more than welcome to follow it.
But don't give me the quote that if you love the world (humanity), you hate God?

That's nothing but a fallacy to control people through indoctrination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity