Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2019, 02:48 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,347,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What exactly do you mean by dishonoring God? If not believing sends someone to Hell.
Homosexuality dishonors God is what i am hearing him say by this.

Old 05-09-2019, 03:07 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,407,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I flat out told you that dishonoring God does not send you, or anyone else, to hell.
Quote:
What exactly do you mean by dishonoring God? If not believing sends someone to Hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
He is disingenuous and mendacious; unwilling to come clean with his true views, hiding them as always.

Old 05-09-2019, 03:36 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,612,136 times
Quote:
I flat out told you that dishonoring God does not send you, or anyone else, to hell. Why won't you accept straight "YES/NO" answers, even after you request for such answer?
Okay, you have no opinion on it then. So why are you on here posting about it?

Quote:
I was telling you the truth when I told you I have no idea exactly how God will judge people. No one knows, since no one has come back to talk about it. Besides, the Bible teaches the judgment day is a future event.
My question wasn't what you think God will do, but what your opinion is.

Quote:
It is not my fault you can't accept, or comprehend, the answers.
And it isn't my fault you can't just say what you mean, and instead talk in veiled words and phrases. You clearly have an opinion one way or the other, or you wouldn't be on here blabbing about it in the first place. It isn't my fault you won't come out with it.

Quote:
Yes, it is an answer, and the Bible strongly urges people to leave the judgment to God. For some unknown reason you INSIST that I judge. Why? Would it fit the Gay Agenda narrative?

Your agreement is not necessary since it it clear no answer is good enough for you.
I am glad you brought this up, because this is a peeve of mine with the fundies. They believe the Bible is the literal word of God, or God breathed (except where it isn't, of course...), yet they are the first ones to judge, especially when it comes to gay people. Why is that? Why is it that most of the fundies on this site are hell bent on making sure everyone knows that gay people are abominations, and will be going to hell?

Hey, I am happy if you don't do this, but that doesn't mean you don't have an opinion on it. In your heart, you know you do, even if you refuse to acknowledge it.

Quote:
Now, please explain in detail how God will judge people. No cop-outs please.
I will use a quote to do this. Sums up my beliefs to a "T". It is credited to Marcus Aurelius, but who knows if he actually said such a thing....

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

In other words, live a good life and you have nothing to worry about, gods or not.

Quote:
Awwwww........ I am sorry you are having a hard time with this.......Sorry you are not getting the answer you expected......
I am not getting any answers. Only cop-outs and you claiming you don't actually have an opinion on the subject. Makes me wonder why you are posting here. If you have no opinion on gay people or homosexuality, that is.

Quote:
Sure, and that includes believers. We all sin.

You should take a break. I can see you are becoming angry. Its not easy being the middleman.
I think you should maybe reread your post, and then rethink who is angry.

Old 05-09-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Exactly my point as well, Jerwade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yet he claims he doesn't judge, and has no opinion on the matter....

Quote:
He is disingenuous and mendacious; unwilling to come clean with his true views, hiding them as always.
Sounds like a cowardly thing to do, right? I mean, if you are going to say gay people are abominations, or that they "dishonor God" by simply existing, and post in a thread about homosexuality, you clearly have an opinion on the subject. He should be man enough to just come out and say it.

We all know (except for maybe a few folks, who will remain nameless) that when someone says things like "dishonors God", or keeps bringing up the "gay agenda", then they clearly are not on the side of the gay people. To then come on here and say, "I don't care what they do" is just crazy.

Old 05-09-2019, 03:52 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,727,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber
I flat out told you that dishonoring God does not send you, or anyone else, to hell. Why won't you accept straight "YES/NO" answers, even after you request for such answer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Okay, you have no opinion on it then. So why are you on here posting about it?
You asked, and I answered in a way which could not possibly not be any more clear and direct.

Now you are just being childish demanding answers and then refusing to accept when they are provided.

Your question: I am asking your opinion on it. You either believe being gay is an offense that sends one to hell, or it isn't.

My answer: No. Dishonoring God, or being gay, does not send you, or anyone else, to hell.

Your reply: Why aren't you answering the question. (later you called me a coward).

Go pester someone else with your childishness. Your wheels fell off a long time ago. You should calm down, because I am beginning to worry about you. You flew off the handle.

The force of the gay agenda is strong in this one. These kinds of games, misrepresentations and slander is the hallmark of a person pushing the gay agenda.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 05-09-2019 at 04:15 PM..

Old 05-09-2019, 03:56 PM

15,890 posts, read 6,592,637 times
It's interesting to look back at the past history of animal studies; naturalists observed many instances of homosexual behavior in nature, but their moral scruples prevented them from reporting it in their published works. It think the scientific community is finally getting over that hurdle, and thus far they've found over a thousand different species that engage in the behavior. It's as natural as, well... nature. What they haven't quite figured out yet is why. There must be some sort of evolutionary benefit to it. It seems to actually increase the odds of successful sexual reproduction.

Old 05-09-2019, 04:01 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,235,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
It's interesting to look back at the past history of animal studies; naturalists observed many instances of homosexual behavior in nature, but their moral scruples prevented them from reporting it in their published works. It think the scientific community is finally getting over that hurdle, and thus far they've found over a thousand different species that engage in the behavior. It's as natural as, well... nature. What they haven't quite figured out yet is why. There must be some sort of evolutionary benefit to it. It seems to actually increase the odds of successful sexual reproduction.
Hmmm...I'm not sure common sense belongs in this discussion....

Old 05-09-2019, 04:06 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,347,878 times
Quote:
You asked, and I answered in a way which could not possibly not be any more clear and direct.

Now you are just being childish demanding answers and then refusing to accept when they are provided.

Your question: I am asking your opinion on it. You either believe being gay is an offense that sends one to hell, or it isn't.

My answer: No. Dishonoring God does not send you, or anyone else, to hell.

Your reply: Why aren't you answering the question.

Go pester someone else with your childishness. Your wheels fell off a long time ago.

The force of the gay agenda is strong in this one.
Well, lets break it down, she asked you is it an offense that sends you to hell, you said in response, dishonoring God does not send you to hell. Are you meaning by dishonoring, that homosexuality is an offense to God that will not send you to hell?, because it certainly sounds you are saying something like that, it sounds like you think that but will not come out directly and say it.

Old 05-09-2019, 04:32 PM

Quote:

My answer: No. Dishonoring God, or being gay, does not send you, or anyone else, to hell.

Your reply: Why aren't you answering the question. (later you called me a coward).

Go pester someone else with your childishness. Your wheels fell off a long time ago. You should calm down, because I am beginning to worry about you. You flew off the handle.

The force of the gay agenda is strong in this one. These kinds of games, misrepresentations and slander is the hallmark of a person pushing the gay agenda.
So being gay is not an offense punishable by hell? Dishonoring God is not an offense punishable by hell either? So what exactly is?

And what is your issue with homosexuality then? Because you CLEARLY have an an issue with it, and continue to post in thread with homosexuality as the topic. You continue to say that anyone who believes in equal rights and representation is pushing the "gay agenda". If you truly believed that gay people were equal, and should have all equal rights, and were no worse than any other sinner, you wouldn't see this as an "agenda".

Old 05-09-2019, 04:33 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,235,946 times
Whether he admits it out loud or not, a fundie would not be a fundie if he believed practicing homosexuals escaped eternal toasting by their god-thing.

Abominations get toasted - period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity