Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2016, 01:57 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,975,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Praise God our Lord Jesus beat satan at his game, amen !! Now we have hope in Jesus Christ who will save all that will believe when led by faith in the grace of our God.
Hmm, let's think about this one: Satan gets his billions, Jesus Christ gets a few. Who beat who according to those who believe in the God-dishonoring eternal torture?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2016, 01:59 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
The only scripture you ET'ers can try to justify your belief that your bible teaches we are saved from hell is by misquoting the bible verse that we are saved from his wrath. 1 lousy bible verse that is referring to wrath not eternal hell and you have built a monster that as kept you all in fear along with the gullible through the centuries.

Here is an example of how bible fundamentalists misquote the scripture. Acts 16:31 what must I do to be saved? ....... Here is how the bible fundamentalist sees it and uses it to use fear to increase the numbers of bums on seats. What must I do to be saved from Eternal hell?.

The most misquoted one is John 3:16. Whosever believe in him shall not perish in eternal hell The fact they believe the eternal life they believe in us something in the future is proof that they are not aware of eternal life in their own experience. Jesus said those that believe in him HAVE eternal life. So clearly he is not referring to the fete of those that believe and those that don't, he's talking about the here and now.

Old 02-04-2016, 02:13 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,699,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
He didn't contradict himself nor doesn't Paul contradict Jesus. Your lack of discernment only has it as such.
Objective & subjective is what Jesus taught. Paul in 1 Tim.2:4-6 is focusing on the objective

OBJECTIVE
... factually true \ factually completed "IT IS FINISHED" cried Jesus on the cross
  • John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son," objective
  • 1 Tim.2:4-6 "God will have all mankind to be saved . . . for Christ gave Himself a ransom for all" objective
SUBJECTIVE ... is what God looks for in the individuals heart
  • John 3:16 "that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." subjective
  • Mark 3:29 "but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.”subjective
  • 1 Chronicles 28:9.... "for the Lord searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought ..... if you forsake him, he will reject you forever." ..... subjective

The alternative is the half truth Satanical lie of UR ... which promises that those who reject faith as being their subjective ownership in this life and after death when God searches the heart will still eventually achieve the same blessing as those who do during their time of grace while living on earth.

UR has been and always be the Satanical half truth \ full lie ... and furthermore will be shown when Jesus sends the left to their just damnation.

Plainly:
You have no authoritative Greek expertise that supersedes countless trained in NT Greek theologians that isn't being parroted from some misguided \ deceived or from such a source that is no more than the puppets of Satan who is doing his bidding.

Any questions as well ... or do I need to spell it out?
Amen, another awesome post !
No matter how much satan tries to make the children of God look like they don't know what they are talking about God's Light will shine on the truth and will give the one who is really seeking God in spirit and truth a heart too understand what you and other's have posted is from Him.

That is why it doesn't bother me like it use to because God has reassure my heart He will set the heart of those who are looking toward the Light, free, from all the deception that is being proclaim from the lies and all those who are being used to lead ppl astray.

That is the God I serve, He is Mighty in power to deliver His people from the entrapment of eternal damnation.
That is why He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
and also Jesus promising us this,
"For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”

Amen !
There has always been a conspiracy to kill Jesus since the beginning of time

Old 02-04-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Hmm, let's think about this one: Satan gets his billions, Jesus Christ gets a few. Who beat who according to those who believe in the God-dishonoring eternal torture?
You really don't believe Christ ! That is so sad you believe, " Satan gets his billions, Jesus Christ gets a few," Eusebius. My heart goes out to you !

Well, only God can deliver you from such lies you have so deeply believed and try to prove. I do hope you repent and turn back to God our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ !
I'm praying for you !

Old 02-04-2016, 02:31 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,796,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The only scripture you ET'ers can try to justify your belief that your bible teaches we are saved from hell is by misquoting the bible verse that we are saved from his wrath. 1 lousy bible verse that is referring to wrath not eternal hell and you have built a monster that as kept you all in fear along with the gullible through the centuries.

Here is an example of how bible fundamentalists misquote the scripture. Acts 16:31 what must I do to be saved? ....... Here is how the bible fundamentalist sees it and uses it to use fear to increase the numbers of bums on seats. What must I do to be saved from Eternal hell?.

The most misquoted one is John 3:16. Whosever believe in him shall not perish in eternal hell The fact they believe the eternal life they believe in us something in the future is proof that they are not aware of eternal life in their own experience. Jesus said those that believe in him HAVE eternal life. So clearly he is not referring to the fete of those that believe and those that don't, he's talking about the here and now.
You're changing the subject. Are we talking still talking about UR?

Old 02-04-2016, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Where is the misquote here:

1 Timothy 2:3-6 for this is ideal and welcome in the sight of our Saviour, God, (4) Who wills that all mankind be saved
and come into a realization of the truth. (5) For there is one God, and one Mediator of God and mankind, a Man, Christ
Jesus, (6) Who is giving Himself a correspondent Ransom for all (the testimony in its own eras),

or here:

1 Timothy 4:9-11 Faithful is the saying and worthy of all welcome (10) (for for this are we toiling and being
reproached), that we rely on the living God, Who is the Saviour of all mankind, (11) especially of believers. These
things be charging and teaching.
?

These verses need to be believed, not made to say what they don't say.
I'm not going to argue with you, Eusebius, we have been through this so many times through the year's it's awful !

I won't debate, argue over God's holy scripture .
If you want to believe in UR that is up to you, Eusebius, I rather believe in Jesus Christ and what He taught and promised, now that is a guarantee !! Taking the word of God out of context is a very serious matter. And there are many who will see when they come face to face with God !

Blessing's

Old 02-04-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it came to this.
Amen, it always does when your conversing with one who doubts or walks in unbelief with God's truth ! And then tries to prove they are right.
They always seem to fall into a lower level of character by berating, verbally abusing the other in conversation when they have come to the realization that the other ppl are not going to listen to the deception !! So they start with the game of intimidating to get ppl striving against each other, confused, and etc. !!

Old 02-04-2016, 02:58 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,796,101 times
Quote:
Isn't that what Jesus said would happen?

Old 02-04-2016, 03:12 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Default How come something Paul said is deserving of universal acceptance

That is easy. It is compatible and consistent with the Holy Spirit of agape love (who is God) and is therefore TRUE.

Old 02-04-2016, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Isn't that what Jesus said would happen?

Wow, that is so true ! I never looked at it in that way !

Quoting Jesus,

"For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it." Matt.7:14

"For many are called, but few are chosen.” Matt.22:14

Luke 13:22-24
22 And He was passing through from one city and village to another, teaching, and proceeding on His way to Jerusalem.
23 And someone said to Him, “Lord, are there just a few who are being saved?” And He said to them,
24 “Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity