Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2016, 01:57 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,870,605 times

Advertisements

Belief in hell. This is what this kind of argument really comes down to.

Some view this as hate.

But the person who believes in hell views it as righteous anger. Because people need to pay for their sins after they die. As long as God in his righteous judgement does the choosing, that's all that matters.

In other words, what seems like hate to other people, is really righteous anger to those who believe in hell.

Last edited by OzzyRules; 02-05-2016 at 02:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2016, 02:20 AM

The nice thing is, having this righteous anger (belief in the need for atonement) is all that is required in order to gain God's approval and avoid his judgement.

Old 02-05-2016, 04:07 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,975,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
You really don't believe Christ ! That is so sad you believe, " Satan gets his billions, Jesus Christ gets a few," Eusebius. My heart goes out to you !

Well, only God can deliver you from such lies you have so deeply believed and try to prove. I do hope you repent and turn back to God our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ !
I'm praying for you !
So you believe God gets more than Satan! That is a start in the right direction. What is the percentage Satan gets to the percentage of the world's population Jesus gets? My Bible says it is all or none that Jesus gets. Yours says Jesus gets a few.

The thing is, I do believe Christ.
Do you not think it honors Christ more that He will eventually get all He died for? Or do you think it honors Satan to take away all Christ died for?

If you paid for a car but before you took possession of that car, Satan came along and took the engine, wheels, seats, windows, do you think you'd still be getting a good deal even though you paid for the whole car?

Old 02-05-2016, 04:11 AM

Quote:
I'm not going to argue with you, Eusebius, we have been through this so many times through the year's it's awful !

I won't debate, argue over God's holy scripture .
If you want to believe in UR that is up to you, Eusebius, I rather believe in Jesus Christ and what He taught and promised, now that is a guarantee !! Taking the word of God out of context is a very serious matter. And there are many who will see when they come face to face with God !

Blessing's
I didn't take any scripture out of context.

I find it interesting that sincere believers such as yourself will believe someone just as long as it agrees with your theology. And if it doesn't, well, they are taking scriptures out of context.

1 Timothy 2:4-6 and 4:10,11 are faithful and worthy of all welcome. Yet you think they are unfaithful and unwelcome to the point that you have to change what they say to suit your theological construct.

Old 02-05-2016, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Wow, that is so true ! I never looked at it in that way !

Quoting Jesus,

"For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it." Matt.7:14

"For many are called, but few are chosen.†Matt.22:14

Luke 13:22-24
22 And He was passing through from one city and village to another, teaching, and proceeding on His way to Jerusalem.
23 And someone said to Him, “Lord, are there just a few who are being saved?†And He said to them,
24 “Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able
Interesting that you, the very one who accuses us of taking scriptures out of context is guilty of doing that very same thing.

For instance, your quote of Matt.7:14 is not about all mankind but those Israelites under the law. The law was a very narrow constricted path and only a few Israelites found life through it.

Your quote of Matt.22:14 likewise is not concerning all mankind but those called out of Israel to be believing who were also specifically chosen to be believing. And if eternal torture is correct as you believe then God is responsible for choosing certain ones for life and certain ones to never get life. But if Universalism is correct then God chooses certain ones for eonian/age-during life and the others He doesn't. But eventually all will be saved. God is glorified in all He does under the biblical paradigm of universalism. He is a merciless Ogre under your paradigm.

Even your Luke 13:22-24 is ripped out of context and you feel it has to do with all mankind? Does all mankind have to strive to enter through the narrow gate of the law to be saved?

Old 02-05-2016, 04:57 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Interesting that you, the very one who accuses us of taking scriptures out of context is guilty of doing that very same thing.

For instance, your quote of Matt.7:14 is not about all mankind but those Israelites under the law. The law was a very narrow constricted path and only a few Israelites found life through it.

Your quote of Matt.22:14 likewise is not concerning all mankind but those called out of Israel to be believing who were also specifically chosen to be believing. And if eternal torture is correct as you believe then God is responsible for choosing certain ones for life and certain ones to never get life. But if Universalism is correct then God chooses certain ones for eonian/age-during life and the others He doesn't. But eventually all will be saved. God is glorified in all He does under the biblical paradigm of universalism. He is a merciless Ogre under your paradigm.

Even your Luke 13:22-24 is ripped out of context and you feel it has to do with all mankind? Does all mankind have to strive to enter through the narrow gate of the law to be saved?
I find it interesting too how eternal hell is read into every bible verse when it's not really there. Where is salvation from eternal hell in Matt 7:14 and Luke 13:22-24, where is it in Acts 2:38, where is it in John 3:16 and all the other verses the bewitched love quoting. The question to all ET'ers is "who told you that you were saved from eternal hell and who told you too that the wages sin is eternal hell?". It really does not take much working out that it is that old serpent the devil who told them, after all he's never going have you believe that God is anything other than the tyrant he's made him out to be since man believed the ground was cursed and that was his lot, eternal hell was created out of the belly of the beast. When we begin calling on the name of the Lord instead of what we have been bewitched to believing, we begin to see the obvious.

Old 02-05-2016, 05:06 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times
What bothers you about the fact Hell exists ,
except may be that you are still in rebellion?

Old 02-05-2016, 05:07 AM

The fact that people see hell in every verse, and in every person, or in every place they go, is proof that it exists. (To them)

Old 02-05-2016, 05:12 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Belief in hell. This is what this kind of argument really comes down to.

Some view this as hate.
Do you?

Quote:
But the person who believes in hell views it as righteous anger.
I don't never heard anyone say they view it as anger. People see it the same way as death. Physical death is a fact of life, and although it may not be a pleasant one, it does not make a person angry or hateful to believe it happens.

Old 02-05-2016, 05:14 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
The fact that people see hell in every verse, and in every person, or in every place they go, is proof that it exists. (To them)
Nine out of ten times when hell is brought into the conversation it is done by someone who denies it exists. The poster who opened this thread claims hell does not exist and yet he can't stop talking about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity